Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagle Wrath

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Forever, rent free.

P.s. don't blame me you can't get by without your daily dose of outrage. We all have our addictions I guess. Mine is good times and lots of fun. Yours is screaming into your laptop at the "woke left".
I think you will find all of us posting this stuff are not angered. More bemused at how crazy some have become. Def a few angry ones responding to it though. It's very interesting seeing who comes charging in and defending this nonsense though. That is the only time we see angry comments here.
I have posted a few of these examples and haven't been angered once. I laugh every time i see this craziness and laugh even more at the ones defending it.

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
What are "bugmen"? Some new slang from the RWNJs?
When in doubt, Urban Dictionary comes to the rescue

Sounds like something Incels would say.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
Bugmen convo aside, why did these representatives of a major corporation introduce themselves by telling us about their physical description such as hairstyles, clothing, glasses and facial hair?

Lethality

Most successful team in your lifetime
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Bugmen convo aside, why did these representatives of a major corporation introduce themselves by telling us about their physical description such as hairstyles, clothing, glasses and facial hair?
It must be intended to be inclusive of blind people is my guess. But do blind people really care what someone on TV is wearing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bfff

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It must be intended to be inclusive of blind people is my guess. But do blind people really care what someone on TV is wearing?
It helps with visualisation of the setting which can be helpful for people with low vision or later onset blindness (perhaps others?). It’s offered as an accomodation for online meetings. This looks like product training so it would be standard to offer this and similar things like deaf interpreters.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
It helps with visualisation of the setting which can be helpful for people with low vision or later onset blindness (perhaps others?). It’s offered as an accomodation for online meetings. This looks like product training so it would be standard to offer this and similar things like deaf interpreters.
I've had hundreds of phone meetings where no one has felt the need to tell everyone on the call their height, hairstyle, ethnic background or clothing.

I might have believed this stuff had nothing to do with wokeness if the meeting didn't start with -

First we want to acknowledge that the land where the Microsoft campus is situated was traditionally occupied by the Sammamish, the Duwamish, the Snoqualmie, the Suquamish, the Muckleshoot, the Snohomish, the Tulalip - and other coast Salish people since time immemorial. A people that are still here, continuing to honour and bring to light their ancient heritage.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad