Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

What are "bugmen"? Some new slang from the RWNJs?
When in doubt, Urban Dictionary comes to the rescue

Sounds like something Incels would say.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Just speculating but it could be software developers who are 'up to date with internet culture and trends'.
Just rattling around rent free I am :)

There's a lot of space in here as well.

d953i0n-98b3962e-cd58-489e-9352-05a719095f10.gif

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Bugmen convo aside, why did these representatives of a major corporation introduce themselves by telling us about their physical description such as hairstyles, clothing, glasses and facial hair?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Bugmen convo aside, why did these representatives of a major corporation introduce themselves by telling us about their physical description such as hairstyles, clothing, glasses and facial hair?
It must be intended to be inclusive of blind people is my guess. But do blind people really care what someone on TV is wearing?

bfff

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It must be intended to be inclusive of blind people is my guess. But do blind people really care what someone on TV is wearing?
It helps with visualisation of the setting which can be helpful for people with low vision or later onset blindness (perhaps others?). It’s offered as an accomodation for online meetings. This looks like product training so it would be standard to offer this and similar things like deaf interpreters.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
It helps with visualisation of the setting which can be helpful for people with low vision or later onset blindness (perhaps others?). It’s offered as an accomodation for online meetings. This looks like product training so it would be standard to offer this and similar things like deaf interpreters.

I've had hundreds of phone meetings where no one has felt the need to tell everyone on the call their height, hairstyle, ethnic background or clothing.

I might have believed this stuff had nothing to do with wokeness if the meeting didn't start with -

First we want to acknowledge that the land where the Microsoft campus is situated was traditionally occupied by the Sammamish, the Duwamish, the Snoqualmie, the Suquamish, the Muckleshoot, the Snohomish, the Tulalip - and other coast Salish people since time immemorial. A people that are still here, continuing to honour and bring to light their ancient heritage.​

Louie the Lipinski

Senior List
Oct 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who said you can't?
Apparently saying Pakis became un PC at some point. You may have noticed that none of the news outlets said we beat the "Pakis" in the T20 semi final the other day. Yet I'm pretty sure the C9 commentators used to refer to the Pakistani Cricket Team as the Pakis back in the 80s

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Apparently saying Pakis became un PC at some point. You may have noticed that none of the news outlets said we beat the "Pakis" in T20 semi final the other day. Yet I'm pretty sure, the C9 commentators used to refer to the Pakistani cricket team as the Pakis back in the 80s
So, they choose not to say it, or they can't say it?

Back