Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Absolutely.. on every other religion you remain silent.

The other thing Pie points out about corporate support of this nonsense which is so true.. there is no easier shortcut to build your profile in a large organisation that getting in behind one of these causes.. it doesnt cost you a thing and no one will dare challenge you. I've done it myself but it's not like I believe in it.. but what's the downside? Do the senior members of the Chinese Communist party believe in communism? It's just a way to get up the chain..
The senior members in the communist party havnt been communists for a long time - the name is a hangover

Tiger08

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I just wish El Nino would come back so the CCW (Church of the Crazy Woke) will stop banning kids books and push for something the rest of us can make money off..like emissions trading.

I just wish El Nino would come back so the CCW (Church of the Crazy Woke) will stop banning kids books and push for something the rest of us can make money off..like emissions trading.
Which kids books have been banned?

Yeah.. who cares about people banning books?

Its just a few kids books to get us started, but ideally we should ban more of them.

eBay is leading the way in striving for social justice!! Yay!
Can you sell them on Gumtree?

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Hanging sh*t on the younger generation is as old as the hills. Wokeism won't destroy civilisation, my grandparent's predicted that Bob Dylan and weed would do the same fifty odd years ago and still we're here. There's always something new for old people to be scared of
Starting to notice an increase in mates of my vintage bemoaning school and university leavers coming into their workplace as entitled, disrespectful etc etc.

I try to remind them of how we were often viewed at the same age, but alas this slide into grumpy old man is inevitable for some.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Starting to notice an increase in mates of my vintage bemoaning school and university leavers coming into their workplace as entitled, disrespectful etc etc.

I try to remind them of how we were often viewed at the same age, but alas this slide into grumpy old man is inevitable for some.
Rites of passage of aging, I prefer to be bemused by it all than frightened. Our cricket group has expanded to my mate's niece and some of her mates and they're good switched on kids, we're in safe hands but nothing surer than in twenty years time some of these kids will be moaning to their kids about the good old days with Snapchat and Tik Tok.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The notion that youth is of higher intelligence & progressiveness is one of the more interesting fallacies people encounter.

The truth is that these people are staggeringly stupid & unstable and would happily lead western civilization back in to the witch burning era.

You could qualify as a sociology academic with the quality of this rebuttal.

Have you given serious thought to autoethnographic dance?
Hopefully my dance will one day equal your levels of skill at culture warrior performatives.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Hopefully my dance will one day equal your levels of skill at culture warrior performatives.

I'M the culture warrior!:D

You should have just stuck with the agist emoticons...............:snowflake:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They're a private company. I thought the anti-PC crowd thought private companies can do whatever they want that's legal? Surely you should be applauding eBay exercising its right to make an autonomous commercial deciision.

..............so you're telling me that a private company who has made significant profits from these products just decided on a whim to can them without the slightest regard to socio-political pressures?

Seriously?

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Rites of passage of aging, I prefer to be bemused by it all than frightened. Our cricket group has expanded to my mate's niece and some of her mates and they're good switched on kids, we're in safe hands but nothing surer than in twenty years time some of these kids will be moaning to their kids about the good old days with Snapchat and Tik Tok.
It's been happening since Socrates. Literally.

Back