Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
April Fool?
The UK no longer has a system rigged against people from ethnic minorities, a review set up by No 10 says.​
The Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities said family structure and social class had a bigger impact than race on how people's lives turned out.​
It said children from minority ethnic communities did as well or better than white pupils​
The main findings were:​
Children from ethnic-minority communities did as well or better than white pupils in compulsory education, with black Caribbean pupils the only group to perform less well​
This success in education has "transformed British society over the last 50 years into one offering far greater opportunities for all"​
The pay gap between all ethnic minorities and the white majority population had shrunk to 2.3% overall and was barely significant for employees under 30​
Diversity has increased in professions such as law and medicine​
A foreword to the report by chairman Tony Sewell, an education consultant and ex-charity boss, said: "We no longer see a Britain where the system is deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities."​
While the "impediments and disparities do exist", it continued, they were "varied and ironically very few of them are directly to do with racism".​
The report added that evidence had found that factors such as geography, family influence, socio-economic background, culture and religion had "more significant impact on life chances than the existence of racism".​

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
April Fool?
The UK no longer has a system rigged against people from ethnic minorities, a review set up by No 10 says.​
The Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities said family structure and social class had a bigger impact than race on how people's lives turned out.​
It said children from minority ethnic communities did as well or better than white pupils​
Children from ethnic-minority communities did as well or better than white pupils in compulsory education, with black Caribbean pupils the only group to perform less well​
This success in education has "transformed British society over the last 50 years into one offering far greater opportunities for all"​
The pay gap between all ethnic minorities and the white majority population had shrunk to 2.3% overall and was barely significant for employees under 30​
A foreword to the report by chairman Tony Sewell, an education consultant and ex-charity boss, said: "We no longer see a Britain where the system is deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities."​
While the "impediments and disparities do exist", it continued, they were "varied and ironically very few of them are directly to do with racism".​
The report added that evidence had found that factors such as geography, family influence, socio-economic background, culture and religion had "more significant impact on life chances than the existence of racism".​

That report will never see the light of day on facebook or twitter. Or wont last long at least on those platforms

April Fool?

I think real, not april fool
(but I am not great at this game)

Bingo
Gives focus on where the issue lies.
Rather then focusing on race inequality.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

No one can point out that there is actually race inequality (leading to poverty) as this offends some. They are the outraged woke!!

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I think real, not april fool
(but I am not great at this game)

1617350463764.png

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
From the UK

Playgroup teachers need an "understanding about white privilege" so toddlers can learn to "recognise racist behaviours and develop anti-racist views", according to new guidance.​
The new advice, drawn up as an alternative to the Government's statutory guidance by representatives from unions and charities, said it was “time to challenge the widespread notion that ‘children do not see race’ and are colour blind to difference”.​
The new 128-page guidance – titled Birth to 5 Matters from the Early Years Coalition – was developed over the past six months by a 18-strong steering group including representatives from the National Education Union, the National Day Nurseries Association and the Association for Professional Development in Early Years.​

Schneebly11

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Stupid experts! What do they know?!

No one is born racist. They learn it, commonly through family and peers at a young age.

Maybe this is just about ensuring that even in the critical development years that even though they may think that skin colour is just as interchangeable as hair or eye colour for a lot of people it isn’t and therefore there will be people who will treat others differently on account of their race.

I mean the words “white privilege” and “system racism” just blow a fuse in any right winger these days when they are mentioned regardless of the context.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The least racist people I know are toddlers. They don't have a proper concept of age or gender let alone race or religion or anything like that. Plus if they don't like someone they'll usually just tell you why. Not like adults who hide behind bullshit language.

Kinda sounds like teaching kids to see past differences they don't really see in the first place.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The least racist people I know are toddlers. They don't have a proper concept of age or gender let alone race or religion or anything like that. Plus if they don't like someone they'll usually just tell you why. Not like adults who hide behind bullshit language.

Kinda sounds like teaching kids to see past differences they don't really see in the first place.

Toddlers need to be taught to notice these differences between age, gender, race and religion - and know how the difference takes on the meaning given by adults.

Toddlers identifying as male should be made to stand up, before nap time, and apologise to the toddlers identifying as female for their role in rape culture.

The toddlers identifying as white should be made to hand over half their snack pack cheese dip and raisins to those toddlers identifying as BAME, Indigenous or African American slaves.

Toddlers need to be taught to notice these differences between age, gender, race and religion - and know how the difference takes on the meaning given by adults.

Toddlers identifying as male should be made to stand up, before nap time, and apologise to the toddlers identifying as female for their role in rape culture.

The toddlers identifying as white should be made to hand over half their snack pack cheese dip and raisins to those toddlers identifying as BAME, Indigenous or African American slaves.

Should the toddlers be taught by their woke folk to have a tantrum if the name of their snack pack cheese dip is changed by the company due to economic reasons?

ExcitementMachine

Premiership Player
Aug 5, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was having a conversation at a dinner party and a chick was claiming Australia was racist and sexist compared to Europe and it had to do with our convict underpinnings - she was Vietnamese background, uni educated and woke. What was lost in all this was the nuance. It was absolute. We all know that a woke viewpoint has tunnel vision and the nuance is abandoned. So I came forward and said what about the nuance. Immediately this lady's shoulders dropped and she stopped breathing for that moment, and a gulp as I went on. I referenced Judith Brett, OK, she's no Clementine Ford, but Judith taught us that women in Australia got the vote before it was afforded to women in nearly all other countries, and this had to do with our convict underpinnings, the men were wild, and the women were required to take some responsibility for the family unit.

Another member at the party - of Sri Lankan decent made the observation to this lady that it was ironic that she made generalizations about Australia being racist and sexist, given her obvious wokeness that would repel her to make such an observation about any other group.

Schneebly11 you in particular are a disgrace! You continue to push the narrative of white privilege at every opportunity, after doubling down on your disgusting white trash appropriation in what you hope Australia could become. You're repugnant.

Schneebly11

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Schneebly11 you in particular are a disgrace! You continue to push the narrative of white privilege at every opportunity, after doubling down on your disgusting white trash appropriation in what you hope Australia could become. You're repugnant.

I love these call outs. I’d ask you to point to what specifically I’ve said that you believe is repugnant and a disgrace?

And what do I hope Australia could become? I’d be quite interested for you to tell me because I don’t think I’ve ever laid out my plan for future Australia here.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
No one is born racist. They learn it, commonly through family and peers at a young age.
When I was a little boy I'd see African American kids on Sesame Street and see Indian kids at the local shopping centre and thought nothing of it. Just like hair or eye colour, I knew everyone looked unique.

So while I agree with the above statement, I disagree that toddlers should have their differences amplified by having them frequently acknowledged from preschool age. It's like a mild form of segregation... "See that darker skinned kid over there? They're different to you!"

Yeah nah. That's racist. And if a kid has racist parents, some virtue signalling by their kindergarten teacher will only make it worse.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Should the toddlers be taught by their woke folk to have a tantrum if the name of their snack pack cheese dip is changed by the company due to economic reasons?

Any toddlers turning up with Coon cheese snack packs should have to endure a gauntlet of hate and abuse by the antifa toddlers as they enter the playgroup.

Any toddlers turning up with Coon cheese snack packs should have to endure a gauntlet of hate and abuse by the antifa toddlers as they enter the playgroup.

Ha - well done. Those poor toddlers having to put up with their cheese snack packs having their name changed, oh the horror of it all.

Back