Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

by that logic every second argument posted on big footy involves people harrassing each other worthy of court and possible prison time.
Rubbish.

Are we generally anonymous on here? Yes. (Despite many people's lame attempts to dox me, but that's another story.)

Do we bombard each other with posts, publicly and personally attacking and denigrating each others gender or sexual orientation? No.

Someone was unhappy about online, continuing personal attacks. They called the cops. Cops have done what they usually do: * all.

I don't know how many or how frequently the posts were, but this article is a beat up by a fundie "news" site.

It's downplaying one person's actions in attack as "just an opinion", and accentuating the other person's defensive actions as malicious and hateful. All to support their anti-trans bigotry. It's disgusting from so-called Christians.

Utterly hateful gaslighting.

And yeah, I've been approached many times with legal threats to take down some pretty tame posts because the target has found them libelous or harassing. Usually it's a bigot hating being called out for their bigotry. I get these emails and PMs a dozen times a year.

You're not stupid. You would have heard the alarm bells on seeing the headline, if not then they should have been blaring when you read this lie:

"is now facing three years in prison on hate crime charges."

Why would you assume that?

Read this thread.

They seem to dislike minority groups being represented.
some dont like it when historically non minority characters are recast as minority characters.

But thats completely different to not liking minorities being represented. I dont think ive seen any posts on here where posters have simply not liked minorities being represented in new roles.

Rubbish.

Are we generally anonymous on here? Yes. (Despite many people's lame attempts to dox me, but that's another story.)

Do we bombard each other with posts, publicly and personally attacking and denigrating each others gender or sexual orientation? No.

Someone was unhappy about online, continuing personal attacks. They called the cops. Cops have done what they usually do: * all.

I don't know how many or how frequently the posts were, but this article is a beat up by a fundie "news" site.

It's downplaying one person's actions in attack as "just an opinion", and accentuating the other person's defensive actions as malicious and hateful. All to support their anti-trans bigotry. It's disgusting from so-called Christians.

Utterly hateful gaslighting.

And yeah, I've been approached many times with legal threats to take down some pretty tame posts because the target has found them libelous or harassing. Usually it's a bigot hating being called out for their bigotry. I get these emails and PMs a dozen times a year.

You're not stupid. You would have heard the alarm bells on seeing the headline, if not then they should have been blaring when you read this lie:

"is now facing three years in prison on hate crime charges."

Read this thread.
If police did f*** all then why is it going to court?

You are making assumptions about what happened without knowing. All we know is what is written. And yes what is written could be misrepresentative of what happened. But we dont know that. You cant just assume its being grossly misrepresented just because of the source. Are there any articles from other sources that would give validity to your claim?

Nope there it is - I missed the TV thing:

Amnesty International Norway has also accused Ellingsen of harassing Jentoft on TV after saying that the trans activist was a male, Reduxx reports.

So it was harassment and hate across Twitter and on TV. I see now.

Where are the charges mentioned apart from in the opening para?

Jentoft filed a complaint with police which led law enforcement to question Ellingsen.

"I am under police investigation for campaigning for women's rights, because to certain groups, the fact that women and girls are female and that men cannot be women, girls, mothers or lesbians, is considered hateful," Ellingsen told Reduxx.

So this Ellingsen Christian-righty represents some openly anti-trans organisation:

The Declaration reaffirms women and girls' sex-based rights, and challenges the discrimination we experience from the replacement of the category of sex with that of ‘gender identity.’

So just the EXISTENCE of gender identity is a problem for them? IT STEALS THE RIGHTS OF REAL WOMEN!!!1!11!

What a joke. Ultimate attempt at claiming victim status.

An absolute hoot. * off.

Seeds when did you start supporting the nutty Christian right?

Are there any articles from other sources that would give validity to your claim?
Why am I finding your evidence? Not my job. This article contains lies and hard-right rhetoric.

They can FRO.

Assuming the woke police in here will go after Bluey for introducing a deaf character.

Or will they be too distracted by Buzz Lightyear?

Had to Google what you are talking about. Disney going woke, shocked to be sitting here.

But Chris Evans is Buzz Lightyear? Sorry that's unacceptable. Buzz is Tim Allen, Woody is Tom Hanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to Google what you are talking about. Disney going woke, shocked to be sitting here.

But Chris Evans is Buzz Lightyear? Sorry that's unacceptable. Buzz is Tim Allen, Woody is Tom Hanks.

That's nothing to do with being "woke" though is it, straight white man replacing straight white man, if anything this would piss some people off.

Tim Allen played the toy, which is based off the Buzz Lightyear character played by Chris Evans.

They are not the same thing.

FVnmI4PWIAESJoZ

What is society coming to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back