Women's Ashes 2019

Surprised Villani missed out. Putting aside performance in the other formats, can't really complain about her T20I and WBBL numbers from the last two years. Still, it's good they're not sacrificing a seam option to make room for the multitude of spinning allrounders.

Pitch looks like a belter on first impressions, but Healy out caught early due to a cool head and safe hands from Sciver.

1/114 after 11. When a leading edge sails for six, ideally the fielding team stays calm and recognises 200 has barely looked a par score from the outset.

Conversely Australia should really be looking for 250 here, pushed it around a bit too much the last few overs but it's boundary-clearing time on this batting paradise.

Australia end up 3/226. Lanning with a women's record of 133* off 63. All the sweetly timed shots she's shown before and after shoulder surgery, but crucially managed to go on with it this time rather than giving it away in the 70s.

England not without a chance to get 227 in this dead rubber at a ground they're 14-0 at, gonna need Australia to be poor in the field though... And just as I write that, Perry opens the innings with some beautiful outswingers and then Gardner takes a brilliant catch at Third Man.

England 4/54 after 10, I swear the pitch is still as flat as a pancake lol. Pez and Shoota had the new ball hooping under lights though and the hosts went into panic mode, culminating in Knight's easy run out.

9/134 and a 93-run loss to England, utter smashing, worse than the 3rd ODI imo. Brunt and Winfield, who are genuine but less-accomplished batsmen, put on 40 together in the space of 4 overs so you can figure out how poor their top order played without even looking at Australia's innings.

One-sided contests tend to be pretty boring. Not this time, what a riot!

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
I woke up and read through the cricinfo commentary of both innings... an absolute demolishing... then watched the highlights on YT and it was hardly hyped up by even more of a demolishing than the commentary indicated haha

congratulations to Lanning on a magnificent innings.

Yeah crawled into triple-figures thanks to a couple dropped catches from Beth Mooney. Took one goodie though, so still better than what I expect of bare-handed keepers.

The way Sciver and Beaumont got out is banishment-worthy usually. In this case though I'm inclined to give them a free pass because it's looked like a clear English coaching directive to play more silly lap and reverse sweeps today. Amazingly, playing straight down the ground seemed to work better.

almost ran her out for a diamond haha; quality dive from Lanning and a bad throw from the fielder saved her.

There better be a fair dinkum good reason why last years leading run scorer in the WBBL isn't opening...

if possible, that was actually a worse shot by Gardner... lol

Will you FINALLY admit she's actually not that good? She can slog a six...woopiee....

I'd back Nicola Carey to get more runs and she's a bowling AR!

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Will you FINALLY admit she's actually not that good? She can slog a six...woopiee....

I'd back Nicola Carey to get more runs and she's a bowling AR!
I don't remember saying anything about Gardner being any good? I know she's just a slogger; nothing special really, but strong for a woman, I guess?

Perry already looks better lol
100%

Back