Analysis Womens best 16 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
It seems for our inaugral season at the very least we have put together a really competitive spine.

Stevens is the best key defender in the game, and Hutchins is an experienced head who has been among the best in the past.

King is a dominant ruck, and Chiocci is a natural leader from midfield.

Mo Hope is one of the best key forwards around and has all the on field and personal qualities that make you proud to be a Pies supporter. It seems they've paired her with Garner a team mate from the StKilda Sharks days. At least there should be chemistry there.

I don't know the rest of the team well enough to put together a full best 16, but I'd love to see someone try with a better understanding of our players than me.

barrackers ;)

It seems for our inaugral season at the very least we have put together a really competitive spine.

Stevens is the best key defender in the game, and Hutchins is an experienced head who has been among the best in the past.

King is a dominant ruck, and Chiocci is a natural leader from midfield.

Mo Hope is one of the best key forwards around and has all the on field and personal qualities that make you proud to be a Pies supporter. It seems they've paired her with Garner a team mate from the StKilda Sharks days. At least there should be chemistry there.

I don't know the rest of the team well enough to put together a full best 16, but I'd love to see someone try with a better understanding of our players than me.

barrackers ;)
Having either not seen them play or never really paid attention to individual players during the exhibition games I was hoping someone else had had a crack at putting the 16 together. I'm about half way through entering their career achievements into the resource thread, but an early guess to get the ball rolling:

B: Cula-Reid ~ Hutchins ~ McIntosh
HB: Edwards ~ Stevens ~ Chiocci
R/C: King ~ White ~ Eva ~ Barden
HF: D'Arcy ~ Garner ~ Tesoriero
F: Cameron ~ Hope ~ Bernardi

Anyone else want to guess?

Having either not seen them play or never really paid attention to individual players during the exhibition games I was hoping someone else had had a crack at putting the 16 together. I'm about half way through entering their career achievements into the resource thread, but an early guess to get the ball rolling:

B: Cula-Reid ~ Hutchins ~ McIntosh
HB: Edwards ~ Stevens ~ Chiocci
R/C: King ~ White ~ Eva ~ Barden
HF: D'Arcy ~ Garner ~ Tesoriero
F: Cameron ~ Hope ~ Bernardi

Anyone else want to guess?

Thanks for your efforts. No Rodan?

Thanks for your efforts. No Rodan?
It's more of a guess at a best 16 as I'm solely going off what I've read, which is limited. Roden is a rookie and new to the game, so there's not much to judge her on.

Of the others outside of the 16:
Sheahan - also a rookie
Bonnici - young midfielder and I went with experience
Livingstone - slated to play a new position (defence)
Grant - an allrounder who can play anywhere
Kuys - experienced mid, but selected later in the draft
Schleicher - young and seems likely to be our second ruck
Morgan - experienced defender, but selected later in the draft
Heil - recent signing and wasn't listed when I put the 16 together​

It's more of a guess at a best 16 as I'm solely going off what I've read, which is limited. Roden is a rookie and new to the game, so there's not much to judge her on.

Of the others outside of the 16:
Sheahan - also a rookie
Bonnici - young midfielder and I went with experience
Livingstone - slated to play a new position (defence)
Grant - an allrounder who can play anywhere
Kuys - experienced mid, but selected later in the draft
Schleicher - young and seems likely to be our second ruck
Morgan - experienced defender, but selected later in the draft
Heil - recent signing and wasn't listed when I put the 16 together​
6 on the bench

Remove this Banner Ad

Back