Women's Big Bash League|05

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicola Carey has been excellent for the Hurricanes here. Got to 50* off 42. Good to see her move to the Hurricanes has been a good one and she seems to be in a better batting position for her skills.

herself and Chloe Tryon should get this total easily now at only needing 21 off 17.

Tammy Beaumont is now out for 41 off 43, LBW to Bates; replay shows she smashed the ball with a big edge... that makes the chase far more interesting with 38 from 31 needed at this stage.

Claire Koski is run out for 13... she was not happy with the umpire's decision... replay shows it was a really close call by the umpire... did he not have the option to go for a 3rd umpire or something for this runout?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could tell before Litchfield picked up a bat that she was a fair bit further along than the others in her age group, very smooth. Australia A are hosting India A over here in December so one would think she'd be involved in that, pending availability.

Yes, you think there was only three teams in WBBL
Just one of the drawbacks of having 59 games in a short space of time with less than half televised. Some of the other drawbacks of that were also front and centre this weekend too (teams are flat on the second leg of a back-to-back, too many matches on at the same, dodgy streams and lack of TV Umpire reviews for close run outs, crowds are diluted over the space of two or three days).

Think I say it every year but I wish they just did 7 rounds/weekends of 4 matches plus finals, would pretty much solve all those problems.

50 for Litchfield. Amazing and she’s only 16.

Absolute star but there’s zero need to rush our side is elite. Let her develop maybe get her in an Aus training camp or something towards the end of the year

Absolute star but there’s zero need to rush our side is elite. Let her develop maybe get her in an Aus training camp or something towards the end of the year
That's what I said.

Thought the Scorchers were about 20 short, Sciver very scratchy for her 50. But the 130 might've been enough if they took their chances in the field (other than one very good Bolton c&b). As it was, the Renegades always looked like chasing it down. Today and Sunday were just the kinda games we would've choked away in the past, the Dooley addition has already proven its value with the way she closes out innings calmly.

Not sure how Lanning can still be surprised by Beaumont playing ramps/scoops but that's what it seemed like today.

No Renegades on TV again, Only TV coverage when one of the Sydney teams Are playing
I believe C7 will be televising the "Carnivals" each weekend. Last weekend it was the Sydney Carnival (Sixers, Thunder and Heat) and this weekend it will be the Brisbane Carnival (Heat, Strikers, Scorchers and Hurricanes).

Again no Victorian clubs, probably understandable considering the quality of the two teams over the first four seasons of the WBBL. I think the two Sydney teams have made the finals every year (maybe the Thunder missed one) while the Melbourne teams have flopped every season except the Renegades last year who only snuck in.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back