Review Women's Collingwood v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the negative attitudes surrounding this game is nothing short of pathetic. Give then a bit of a go. Yeah, we got belted. But seriously. It's the first game. Ever. I saw some good things that will certainly make me watch again. And I'll actually be in melb next weekend, so hopefully I can see it live. Terrible start, but keep the faith!

Yeah, we didn't win, and the skills weren't great ...

... but gee, our girls had a real crack and were hard at it.

If they keep up that endeavour then success will come.

So Proud!

I think the negative attitudes surrounding this game is nothing short of pathetic. Give then a bit of a go. Yeah, we got belted. But seriously. It's the first game. Ever. I saw some good things that will certainly make me watch again. And I'll actually be in melb next weekend, so hopefully I can see it live. Terrible start, but keep the faith!

Then Mr.Know It All. Why did the Carlton Girls look way better then Ours?

Overall the skill level was disappointing.

From our team in particular, we looked without a doubt far less skilled and fit than Carlton, plus they seem far better structured which doesn't bode well for us doing well in the 1st season.

For me the only positive was the Crowd, which was massive and had good voice.

The real question is will this kind of crowd come back week to week or was this a novelty/statement?

So Proud!

They had a Crack but that the Only Real Positive from the Game

Im as critical as anyone about the standard, but ultimately it was a successful night for womens football with a massive crowd and both sides displaying a real passion and hunger.

The game will only survive on passion for so long though. Sooner or later these girls will need to improve their skills.

But its the first match and many are new to the game. It will only improve once more talent is available...and im confident that tonight's spectacle will inspire a number of girls to take up the game.

Ill keep watching because theres not much else on right now, but once the mens pre season games start ill probably lose a bit of interest.

Congrats to all involved for making tonight's game such a big deal and getting a massive crowd. Lets hope it's the start of something big.

But lets hope the standard improves with each week because people will drop off otherwise

Always hard to do in a start up comp but 1st impressions is they have picked a much better list. Vesio was playing at a different level.

It's only one game but Hope appeared to maybe one who was dominant in a lower comp but was all at sea with a faster pace. She looked poor but it's only one game so reserve judgement for now

The AFL got one thing right. No way is there enough talent for 18 teams.
The televised games we have seen up to now are effectively All Star games. Now we see the reality.
Originally the AFL only wanted 6 teams. They may have been right.
I didn't expect miracles as I know the ladies are semi proffesional at best, amateurs mostly.
But after months of training, on a good surface, in perfect conditions, the fumbling was beyond pathetic.
There is a long way to go before I would consider watching in a regular basis.

Hope has not had a one on one all night.

I think you're being a little too kind there - Mo had a flat out shocker and I'm sure she'd be the first to admit it.

At this point she looks like more of a project for next season - needs to get a(nother) solid pre season program in with plenty of running under her belt to give her more a bit more speed and endurance if she wants to make more of an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bPWUc8t.gif

:(:(:(:(:(:(

I thought it hunk you're being a little too kind there - Mo had a flat out shocker and I'm sure she'd be the first to admit it.

At this point she looks like more of a project for next season - needs to get a(nother) solid pre season program in with plenty of running under her belt to give her more a bit more speed and endurance if she wants to make more of an impact.

I think she Relay's on the Midfield to Dominate so she could get better Chances and our Midfield was Destroyed so she did not get any good Looks except for 1 which she Sprayed the Kick

They had a Crack but that the Only Real Positive from the Game

Attitude is the most important thing TD. If they've got good attitude then they can get the other things.

The AFL got one thing right. No way is there enough talent for 18 teams.
The televised games we have seen up to now are effectively All Star games. Now we see the reality.
Originally the AFL only wanted 6 teams. They may have been right.
I didn't expect miracles as I know the ladies are semi proffesional at best, amateurs mostly.
But after months of training, on a good surface, in perfect conditions, the fumbling was beyond pathetic.
There is a long way to go before I would consider watching in a regular basis.

Yeah agreed. All star game was impressive last year, but the talent pool is being stretched.

Attitude is the most important thing TD. If they've got good attitude then they can get the other things.

True but jeez a lot of things need to Improve Quite Quickly.

Real Stand out Bads:

• Forward Entries went more to the Oppostion then to our own players
  • Dropped nearly Ever Mark
  • Way to Fumbly

I was hoping our women's team wouldn't have the same problems our men's team has but I was wrong.

Yes we're tough and can win the ball but our a skills and structure were poor. Moana Hope was doubled teamed all game and got no help from our deliver and Carlton got out the back pretty easy.

It was very similar to the Port game last year.

Chiocci reminded me of Pendlebury. Clean, skillfull, good though traffic and looks better than all our other players out there. It was frustrating to watch her being an option out the back for a handball but instead our player ignores her and turns it over.

Hutchins also looked good with her long kicks. We need to look to hand it off to these two players more.

Roden was physical and showed some athleticism but she doesn't have the nous for the midfield. Should maybe play as a key defender.

Then Mr.Know It All. Why did the Carlton Girls look way better then Ours?
They were better than ours.

It wasn't about me being mr know it all. It's about not flying off the handle and taking things out of proportion. I know we didn't look great, but it's hardly the point at this stage. Just give the overt player bashing a spell for a bit i reckon, it's hardly going to achieve anything.

Yeah agreed. All star game was impressive last year, but the talent pool is being stretched.

Looks like it could be many Years for the Class of the League to Improve where you would like it to be

So Proud!
Having a crack should be the expectation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back