Women's - don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd replicate the catch all thread of the main Collingwood board, so there's a place to post and discuss general women's footy stuff that doesn't really fit anywhere else.

To kick things off, following the demise of NT Thunder (NEAFL and VFLW) Williamstown and Adelaide have formed a VFLW alignment.

Well I love seeing the the girls play and skills develop it was never going to be an over nite sensation.
I wish to see more as they bring in more teams.
Each club plays every club once a year.
This is only fair to the girls and the clubs but us supporters to make this game grow.

Ugh, I can't believe Hawks got her. She interviewed for us I believe but was eliminated -- who idea why. But I'm happy with the coach we have, but still. Hawks? Ugh.

Shows how well they are Run

Thanks for that TD.

A massive challenge for Mickey, but she’s hanging in there! The weather in Melbourne would be the least of her worries. Being separated from her kids must be so hard.

The new coach is making all the right noises too. Starting from scratch it seems.

Exciting times for our girls. Can’t wait for the AFLW season to start.

I love how he said they plan to be a high pressure team. Changing the game plan around. I like it.

I'm not sure that's much of a change. We were always a high pressure team. It was one of the few things we did well. I want to see what we can do with ball in hand. Our ball movement has always been an issue.

I'm not sure that's much of a change. We were always a high pressure team. It was one of the few things we did well. I want to see what we can do with ball in hand. Our ball movement has always been an issue.
giphy.gif

My thoughts exactly. It's been our overly pressured defensive game that has held us back so far I would've thought.

Also I would love the AFLW to go completely opposite to the men's game & showcase the skills of Aussie Rules.

Sadly it won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey swoopers!

Here's my AFLW Collingwood season preview!
I outline in the video that i'm pretty new to the team, so itll be a learning curve for me but all thoughts are appreciated

I'm watching the Lions vs Suns game and its amazing what a difference the camera angle makes to spectacle. They're at a big pro stadium with the game shot from high up and it looks fantastic. The game will only benefit from playing in better stadiums.

Layton, Lambert, Livingstone, Bonnici and Davey named in the AFLW 2020 All Australian squad of 40. I'd say Lambert and Layton are certainties to make the final 21.

Players from all 14 AFLW teams have been selected with Collingwood leading club representation in the squad with five players named.

Layton, Lambert, Livingstone, Bonnici and Davey named in the AFLW 2020 All Australian squad of 40. I'd say Lambert and Layton are certainties to make the final 21.

Well done to all girls. Sharni really showed she belonged this year. Her second and sometimes third effort were fantastic. Didnt look out of place , plus her intent on attacking to create something up forward was exceptional. Lot of Brody Grundy traits seen in her work ethic also.

I really hope we can keep this group of girls together, i feel they look like they have bonded so much more than previous years and are playing for each other.

Will miss seeing them play as much as the mens. I feel like this league will continue to get better every year for years on end. The quality in the youth is exceptional.

Well done to Symonds on his first season , hope he sticks around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back