News Women's Jumpers for 2017 – confirmed jumpers in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So it's already starting to be called the "AFL Women's League" rather than the equally stupid sounding "AFL Women's".

Initially "AFL Women's League" doesn't appear terrible until you realise that actually means the "Australian Football League Women's League" and there's a ridiculous double-up of the word 'league'. I feel like Mr Eagle would hate this.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-10/nab-signs-on-as-afl-womens-league-namingrights-sponsor
Why can't it just be WANFL ffs.

So it's already starting to be called the "AFL Women's League" rather than the equally stupid sounding "AFL Women's".

Initially "AFL Women's League" doesn't appear terrible until you realise that actually means the "Australian Football League Women's League" and there's a ridiculous double-up of the word 'league'. I feel like Mr Eagle would hate this.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-10/nab-signs-on-as-afl-womens-league-namingrights-sponsor
The trouble is, the AFL doesn't want 'AFL' to stand for 'Australian Football League', they want it to be the name of the sport, a meaningless acronym.

Are they going to reverse each round for the first season? So Melbourne gets both pick 8 and 9?

Or is that too logical for the AFL to work out.
Yes it will be a 'snake draft' with each round reversed.

This obviously women's-specific polo looks of suspect quality. No manufacturer has put their name to it, either.

Note that Emirates has no involvement with the women's team.

PnkZKv5.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This obviously women's-specific polo looks of suspect quality. No manufacturer has put their name to it, either.

Note that Emirates has no involvement with the women's team.

PnkZKv5.jpg
There is a photo on the AFL Instagram account uploaded today; all the girls are wearing what look to be generic polos with the sponsor(s) logo on the right breast and the club logo on the left. This makes me think the apparel contracts are still being negotiated.

GC%202016%20MEM%20VFL%20Womens%20Talent%20Invite%20TILES_620x370.jpg

on the cats webpage looks like they may be sponsored by deakin uni and will still use isc jumpers with core on them?

I'll be shocked if Cotton On aren't the league wide suppliers, from the mail I've been hearing over the last couple of months. What will be most interesting is whether they use the COAR brand to a female market.

I'll be shocked if Cotton On aren't the league wide suppliers, from the mail I've been hearing over the last couple of months. What will be most interesting is whether they use the COAR brand to a female market.

Can't see why they wouldn't. The brand already has plenty of women's gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back