News Women's Jumpers for 2017 – confirmed jumpers in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISC covered up on what looks like a current mens' jumper, too.

HERO_PRIORITY.jpg

That collar on the left is the older Sekem one, right? Also looks it could maybe be the new BLK collar. Cotton On = re-branded BLK?

HERO_PRIORITY.jpg

That collar on the left is the older Sekem one, right? Also looks it could maybe be the new BLK collar. Cotton On = re-branded BLK?

The Jumper on the left is the Sekem jumper they wore in the Women's Derby earlier this year.

HERO_PRIORITY.jpg

Gosh, that Woodside logo looks shocking.

That collar is terrible. So ugly.

No way, it's just a standard neckbar. Perfectly fine.

Also those white jumpers are never going to be worn in the competition anyway; there's no league logo because the AFL haven't even decided on a name yet

No way, it's just a standard neckbar. Perfectly fine.

Also those white jumpers are never going to be worn in the competition anyway; there's no league logo because the AFL haven't even decided on a name yet
Officially as of today known as AFL Women's

image.png With the league announcing the name of the new competition as AFL Women's I've got a suspicion that the logo will look something like this but with "WOMEN'S" placed where it states "VICTORIA".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame that Australian Women's Football League (AWFL) has an unfortunate acronym and WAFL is already taken.

National Women's Football League might be better or Women's National Football League

I prefer "Australian" to "National" because it links it back to the AFL better, so I think the best option would have been Australian Football Women's League (AFWL). It has the added benefit of essentially calling the sport by its proper term of "Australian Football".

AFL Women's is actually quite poor branding IMO.

I prefer "Australian" to "National" because it links it back to the AFL better, so I think the best option would have been Australian Football Women's League (AFWL). It has the added benefit of essentially calling the sport by its proper term of "Australian Football".

Is it? It's the best after Women's AFL (WAFL).

AFL would hate that as it doesn't include their branding.

LAFL - Ladies Australian Football League? o_O:(

Is it? It's the best after Women's AFL (WAFL).

When you extrapolate it out, its called the "Australian Football League Women's", which actually doesn't make sense.

It is going to be its own league, and it deserves a name that demonstrates that. The current name, along the lines of AFL Victoria, make it sound like a division within the AFL structure, which I feel is not giving it the stature it deserves. It will be the pre-eminent women's league in the country, so I feel a name that has "League" as the last word would be best. AFL Women's is just an awkward name.

When you extrapolate it out, its called the "Australian Football League Women's", which actually doesn't make sense.

It is going to be its own league, and it deserves a name that demonstrates that. The current name, along the lines of AFL Victoria, make it sound like a division within the AFL structure, which I feel is not giving it the stature it deserves. It will be the pre-eminent women's league in the country, so I feel a name that has "League" as the last word would be best. AFL Women's is just an awkward name.
None of this makes it bad.

It conforms to the AFL naming structure and prominently features AFL in the name instead of being a new acronym, keeping the brand tied with the league.
Let's face it, it is a "division", or at a tier below the AFL, which is the main product both in name and in reality.

No one is going to stretch it out, I mean how many times have you heard people say the words "Australian Football League" anyway? Everyone knows what AFL stands for, hell, the word football has mostly been replaced by "AFL".

The only bad thing we have to look forward to is people referring to it as the "AFL Women's League", which will be right up there with "ATM machine".

None of this makes it bad.

It conforms to the AFL naming structure and prominently features AFL in the name instead of being a new acronym, keeping the brand tied with the league.
Let's face it, it is a "division", or at a tier below the AFL, which is the main product both in name and in reality.

No one is going to stretch it out, I mean how many times have you heard people say the words "Australian Football League" anyway? Everyone knows what AFL stands for, hell, the word football has mostly been replaced by "AFL".

The only bad thing we have to look forward to is people referring to it as the "AFL Women's League", which will be right up there with "ATM machine".

You're probably right that they are using the term "AFL" as the sport rather than a league, which is unfortunate to me because I really despise that practice.

But even taking that into account, I still find it inconsistent. Comparing again to AFL Victoria, we're not talking about the same thing. AFL Victoria is a governing body for the sport of "AFL" (ugh) in Victoria. Their highest league is the VFL, with many other leagues under their umbrella. If AFL Women's was its own governing body separate from the AFL to administer all women's football, then it would make sense. But as the name for a league, I just don't think it works. As I said, it sounds awkward to me.

Oh, and don't forget to cover your PIN Number while your at that ATM Machine.

It's a shame that Australian Women's Football League (AWFL) has an unfortunate acronym and WAFL is already taken.

National Women's Football League might be better or Women's National Football League
I think with that acronym there will be people who take the piss and refer to the league as "AWFuL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back