Women's Sport Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people make the mistake of comparing women's sport to men's sport rather than watching it as its own entity. I like watching the top women in the country battle it out.
I don't mean comparing them.

I mean yesterday in the T20, a shot hit to midoff ends up going for 3 runs from 2 different overthrows. It was just a bit cringeworthy.

But having said that, thoroughly enjoyed the W League game this arvo.

I don't mean comparing them.

I mean yesterday in the T20, a shot hit to midoff ends up going for 3 runs from 2 different overthrows. It was just a bit cringeworthy.

But having said that, thoroughly enjoyed the W League game this arvo.

To be fair the girls were nervous. There were some pretty bad mistakes in the mens game followed as well.

God these Aussies are making some awful shots today. Perry made 19 but just didn't seem right. India right in this.
I've only been watching for about 15 minutes and the girls have made some terrible mistakes. Well done to India though. Batted well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for the day you start watching the women's golf Thy!!
Ladies golf is great to watch, incredibly good chipping and putting games. Always thought they didnt hit the ball very far but went to the Australian open at Royal Canberra in 2013 and i can tell you they can get it out there.

Ladies golf is great to watch, incredibly good chipping and putting games. Always thought they didnt hit the ball very far but went to the Australian open at Royal Canberra in 2013 and i can tell you they can get it out there.

The main reason I got Foxtel was for the US and European tour golf. I watch a lot of it and have watched a fair bit of the women's tour as well. They don't have the strong nucleus of players in the field but the good ones really can golf their ball!

I don't watch golf at all, but I have heard that ladies golf is actually better for the amateur player to watch as it is better to learn from. Something to do with it being a bit slower but more technically correct? Or something.

I don't watch golf at all, but I have heard that ladies golf is actually better for the amateur player to watch as it is better to learn from. Something to do with it being a bit slower but more technically correct? Or something.
Absolutely spot on. The swing speeds are a lot closer to the average club player and there is a lot to be gained by watching the ladies tour. Timing is just so important.

The main reason I got Foxtel was for the US and European tour golf. I watch a lot of it and have watched a fair bit of the women's tour as well. They don't have the strong nucleus of players in the field but the good ones really can golf their ball!
The quality of the Us and European tours is incredible. I just find it mesmerising to watch.

Can i ask why you dont ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back