Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Who owns the W League clubs? Isn't that more an issue with the specific club?

Yeah, although not sure who owns Canberra Utd. Melbourne City romped it in this year cause we could afford to pay our players far more than any other club

Some of the fallout from this has been poor.

Bosnich is now saying this result should be used when discussing equal pay. Although to be fair, he's not suggesting that applies long term. His point was that the product quality is much less than the mens at the moment and that's why the pay shouldn't be equal.

They were really on a hiding to nothing with this.

This gets filed under seemed like a good idea at the time.

Clout Bombers

Senior List
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Sat next to Meg Lanning on the flight home from Brisbane tonight. She is the Australian women's cricket captain yet most on the plane would not even know who she was. The irony!!

She also plays Field Hockey for Hawthorn Premier League. The finals start next week but I don't think she plays every game as she has other commitments ie Cricket. I know this as my missus plays for Greensborough. How can she play at the top level for 2 different sports :p super talented. She is quite good from the game I watched her play hockey as well. But Meg gets a bit outclassed at Hawthorn as they have a few ex Australian players.

Back