Movie Wonder Woman 1984 (DC) - Directed by Patty Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched this yesterday and found it utterly boring. The story is dumb, and everything is so choreographed that the movie lacks any realism to give it that grit that Marvel does so well (i.e. by comparison). Don't get me started on the end bit too. The first WW movie and her appearances in BvS and Justice League were excellent. This film was Disney WW. Yuck.

Angry Joe hated this film

Haven't watched the film but how do you * up a character like Wonder Woman

Didn't think it was a bad film. Didn't think it was a good film either.

It reminded me a lot of Superman Returns. A drama disguised as a superhero movie, with a few action scenes to distract you.

Glad I was able to figure out how to get Hbomax though, would have been disappointed spending double the amount to see it at the movies

Not surprising this film sucks, 1984 was terrible, Essendon won a premiership.

The only good thing about 1984 was Billy Idol going to no.1 with this banga.

Pretty great albums by most of the 80s' biggest names - Purple Rain, Born in the USA, Let It Be, The Smiths, The Unforgettable Fire, Reckoning, Like a Virgin.

Also the 80s' best Best Picture winner in Amadeus.

I've always thought the 1980s would've been a lot of fun, neoliberalism, AIDS and the Cold War aside.

Didn't think it was a bad film. Didn't think it was a good film either.

It reminded me a lot of Superman Returns. A drama disguised as a superhero movie, with a few action scenes to distract you.

Glad I was able to figure out how to get Hbomax though, would have been disappointed spending double the amount to see it at the movies

amen. watched it at home

Pretty great albums by most of the 80s' biggest names - Purple Rain, Born in the USA, Let It Be, The Smiths, The Unforgettable Fire, Reckoning, Like a Virgin.

Also the 80s' best Best Picture winner in Amadeus.

I've always thought the 1980s would've been a lot of fun, neoliberalism, AIDS and the Cold War aside.
It was pretty damn good actually. There was a sense of technology within reach but weren’t quite there...the first VCRs for example had remotes...with a cable connecting it to the VCR.
I reckon we were the last decade of teens to appreciate going without

I did appreciate scenes showing the space museum which I myself visited in 84

The invisible jet was a nice touch.
Thought the invisible jet was so pigeon holed in it was laughable.

i dID tHIs oN A CoFfEe CuP oNCe

Um. Okay.

I think I still enjoyed it somewhat but more questions plague me the more I think about it.

- Why did Steve come back in someone else’s body and not just as himself?
- Why did WW and Steve not give one single s**t about the human meat suit they put in danger all movie?
- Why does Egypt seemingly only have one road?
- Why did Cheetah look so bad?
- If Cheetah had Diana’s powers then why was she affected by the electricity but not Diana?
- What if one person had wished Max dead or the world to end? Mathematically it would have happened.
- Obviously not everybody on the planet would have renounced their wish. Why not just have all wishes rubbed out once Max renounced his?

Could go on for a while haha.

I think I still enjoyed it somewhat but more questions plague me the more I think about it.

- Why did Steve come back in someone else’s body and not just as himself? Because it was his spirit, it's very obviously explained when they first talk
- Why did WW and Steve not give one single sh*t about the human meat suit they put in danger all movie? Because as down a says, she only sees him
- Why does Egypt seemingly only have one road? That's a cliche from every movie
- Why did Cheetah look so bad? Did you expect an actual cheetah?
- If Cheetah had Diana’s powers then why was she affected by the electricity but not Diana? Similar powers. It is hinted at that they are not the same. Definitely poorly scripted
- What if one person had wished Max dead or the world to end? Mathematically it would have happened. He hears all the wishes, so if he didn't like one he wouldn't grant it. It wasn't spelled out well though
- Obviously not everybody on the planet would have renounced their wish. Why not just have all wishes rubbed out once Max renounced his? That is literally what happened. He renounced his and everything got cancelled out

Could go on for a while haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, no. People individually were shown renouncing their wishes.

I understand the spirit concept as it worked, my point is it was unnecessary. It never impacted the plot at all except for some weird flirting at the end. If the wishes can conjure a wall that size out of nowhere you’d expect it could bring a guy back as was.

Did you think Cheetah looked good? There’s a reason they made the fight scene so dark.

Mitchell Madness

Breaking down with humour
Well, no. People individually were shown renouncing their wishes.

I understand the spirit concept as it worked, my point is it was unnecessary. It never impacted the plot at all except for some weird flirting at the end. If the wishes can conjure a wall that size out of nowhere you’d expect it could bring a guy back as was.

Did you think Cheetah looked good? There’s a reason they made the fight scene so dark.

Mitchell Madness
It showed some people renouncing their wishes, clearly implied not all were as the storm was still there. That's a DC issue, haven't learned their lesson from BvS, you cannot imply anything in cinema anymore.

It should also be noted that the stone brought back Steve Trevor, not lord. The terrible scene with Patel explaining the stone showed things getting worse as PEOPLE got more powerful. Another implication.

And I though the cheetah costume was average, but also poorly written. In the comic books it starts out with a few limbs, etc, and she looks average at first, before growing into a cheetah/human hybrid.

Gee, this was a pretty bad film. Overlong, overwrought, lacking a narrative heart, horrendous special effects at times, much more.

Chris Pine was good, which is a surprise, as I don't really care for him as an actor. Gadot still looks great in the costume, but didn't get enough of that.

And committed the cardinal sin of being boring for long stretches.

Gee, this was a pretty bad film. Overlong, overwrought, lacking a narrative heart, horrendous special effects at times, much more.

Chris Pine was good, which is a surprise, as I don't really care for him as an actor. Gadot still looks great in the costume, but didn't get enough of that.

And committed the cardinal sin of being boring for long stretches.
Again with this "boring comment

It was boring for a superhero film, yes, but it was a drama first, superhero film second.

I honestly think the average movie viewer is incapable of sitting through more than an hour of film if it isn't full of one liners or explosions.
It's an indictment on where we are as a society

Again with this "boring comment

It was boring for a superhero film, yes, but it was a drama first, superhero film second.

I honestly think the average movie viewer is incapable of sitting through more than an hour of film if it isn't full of one liners or explosions.
It's an indictment on where we are as a society

I think in this day and age you cant really have drag in a superhero movie. Lets not forget that Endgame is 3 hours but it doesnt drag at any point.

I'll defend WW84, cause it not "bad" but its nowhere near as good as the first, doesnt really advance the character (which in isolation is fine but is an issue in a franchise and a HUGE issue in the DCEU). FWIW i think the film banks HEAVILY on us loving Gadot as WW (which works, shes charming) fixing the biggest issue with the first one (the Final "boss" fight, which is hit and miss) and 80's nostalgia (which missed for me, way too much of a reliance on it).

Also its really cheesy, the first set piece in the mall was... not good.

I liked WW84, it wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, but was still enjoyable.

I think the storyline for some people would have been better suited to a filler episode in TV format, rather than a movie.

While I think DC have mismanaged the film division as a whole, I think they're on a hiding to nothing. People think they want something different but in essence want a DC version of MCU.

People think they want something different but in essence want a DC version of MCU.
But also if they did that, they would get caned for not doing something different.

Ive long held the view that a DCEU wont work because the characters cant possibly co-exist.

Cap and Iron Man in the same team as Thor and Captain Marvel is a stretch but you can buy it

Superman and Wonder Woman with Batman and the Flash... Nah mate. Showed in Justice League, Supes showed up and it was game over, just send him in every time, or him and WW.

Watched it today. Not as bad as a lot of people were saying but not great. DC movies just dont seem to flow well to me. Not sure if its the story telling, editing or what. Could have been a touch shorter too.

Watched it today. Not as bad as a lot of people were saying but not great. DC movies just dont seem to flow well to me. Not sure if its the story telling, editing or what. Could have been a touch shorter too.

Absolute rubbish. Enjoyed Gil Gadot in the original but unfortunately her acting i the sequel was pretty wooden and unremarkable. The writing was so bad that not not even the great Pedro Pascal could pull off his character's ridiclous and absurd storyline

Don't even get me started on ending (after the credits rolled) - WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back