Media Wonders Recruitment Greed Knows Limited Bounds

Is the Wonders' me-first rookie grab reprehensible?

• Yes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Die Hawk scum

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Blacky / Jack Watts

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
On the face of it, what Dingster has done is brought a number of new names to the Sweet FA which benefits all of us. For that he should be applauded. But to start at the Wonders? It beggars belief.

Every single one of us has see the self-promotion of the Wonders throughout season 25. The boasting over the strength of their list. The whining and hissy-fits over certain team-members* not making the All-Sweet FA squad, let alone the actual team.

Cast your mind back to the season 24 off-season. It was blatantly obvious certain clubs were struggling for posters, and partially-annual Sweet FA tour of BigFooty attracted a few new names to the league. A gentleman’s agreement was struck by those in the committee to let struggling clubs have first crack at the fresh meat, a far cry from the free-for-all of previous off seasons.

One could even say certain lists were Royally ****ed.

Coming closer to the present, it was a barely hidden fact that the Wonders leadership was in transition. haydo (bless his 2x All SFA soul) was weighing up options to start again at another club, but chose to stay on at the Wonders. Conceivably not a far stretch to consider that there might be some event that causes him to drift into inactivity, like many before. So the Wonders, in all their powerful list glory enter the current season with the bare minimum player numbers. Sheer arrogance.

And what has happened?

The leadership group is in tatters following haydo’s not-so-shock exit, and a third-party recruiter trying to fill in the numbers. But that’s exactly what these new recruits are, numbers simply for league compliance. Far be it for the Wonders to keep a club legend on the list as a reserve. What a shock to the system it would be to have a poster on field that has an average lower than seven players the Roys have named this week.

What of the numbers? Well sorry KBLT and Beutbrute, your LG are showing you guys are worth less than the 3 or so inactives every club is carrying in a starting field position. Some have mentioned the captain dropping himself as a breath of fresh air, other would put forward the stunt demoting the self-reported second best poster on the list as akin to sniffing one’s own flatulence.

The Captains’ code of the league is dead, killed by the greed and arrogance of the Wonders.

* PVF, you were robbed.

When I came into the league I was under the impression the Wonders were up there with the Hawks and Bombers in terms of posting power; instead they're carried by a new captain, a second year player and a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the face of it, what Dingster has done is brought a number of new names to the Sweet FA which benefits all of us. For that he should be applauded. But to start at the Wonders? It beggars belief.

Every single one of us has see the self-promotion of the Wonders throughout season 25. The boasting over the strength of their list. The whining and hissy-fits over certain team-members* not making the All-Sweet FA squad, let alone the actual team.

Cast your mind back to the season 24 off-season. It was blatantly obvious certain clubs were struggling for posters, and partially-annual Sweet FA tour of BigFooty attracted a few new names to the league. A gentleman’s agreement was struck by those in the committee to let struggling clubs have first crack at the fresh meat, a far cry from the free-for-all of previous off seasons.

One could even say certain lists were Royally ******.

Coming closer to the present, it was a barely hidden fact that the Wonders leadership was in transition. haydo (bless his 2x All SFA soul) was weighing up options to start again at another club, but chose to stay on at the Wonders. Conceivably not a far stretch to consider that there might be some event that causes him to drift into inactivity, like many before. So the Wonders, in all their powerful list glory enter the current season with the bare minimum player numbers. Sheer arrogance.

And what has happened?

The leadership group is in tatters following haydo’s not-so-shock exit, and a third-party recruiter trying to fill in the numbers. But that’s exactly what these new recruits are, numbers simply for league compliance. Far be it for the Wonders to keep a club legend on the list as a reserve. What a shock to the system it would be to have a poster on field that has an average lower than seven players the Roys have named this week.

What of the numbers? Well sorry KBLT and Beutbrute, your LG are showing you guys are worth less than the 3 or so inactives every club is carrying in a starting field position. Some have mentioned the captain dropping himself as a breath of fresh air, other would put forward the stunt demoting the self-reported second best poster on the list as akin to sniffing one’s own flatulence.

The Captains’ code of the league is dead, killed by the greed and arrogance of the Wonders.

* PVF, you were robbed.
This is about 87% horseshit.

It stuns me (not really) that a former teammate would stoop to this level in an effort to generate a shitstorm.

I am extremely saddened by the fact haydo has left. We at the Wonders all are.

And we were working hard to fill the breach before Dingster arrived as the cavalry. Again, top marks Ding, really appreciated.

Entering the season with the minimum players arrogance?? Far from it. It wasn't ideal, but that was the situation. Which led to the events of this week (which were not ideal).

Behind the scenes, something of which Agent93 knows nothing about just quietly, it wasn't getting better. Another player expressed a desire to bugger off as they were inexplicably linked to haydo.

So, the rookies rolled in, yahoo!! Did we take more than to get us to the minimum? You bet your sweet ******* life we did!!
Thus we have the situation if an account DOES get nuked, this situation won't occur again.

Is this a leadership in tatters? Absolutely not. The decisions taken by the LG to take more than required may have seemed greedy, but it ensures that the situation won't happen again. This is strong, prudent leadership.

I have taken the decision, against the LG's wishes, to drop myself so that all new rookies get a go. Again, strong leadership. Not ego driven decisions, but decisions made to strengthen the Wonders. This also does not destabilise the current group.

Wonders are a strong, united club. I only hope that haydo gets well and can rejoin as we strive for #firsttosix

Last edited:
What of the numbers? Well sorry KBLT and Beutbrute, your LG are showing you guys are worth less than the 3 or so inactives every club is carrying in a starting field position.

* PVF, you were robbed.
Ouch.

Fun Fact: Agent93 tried to poach me from the Wonders grasp.

But hey, someone's gotta start on the bench.

Last edited:

It stuns me (not really) that a former teammate would stoop to this level in an effort to generate a shitstorm.

I am extremely saddened by the fact haydo has left. We at the Wonders all are.

And we were working hard to fill the breach before Dingster arrived as the cavalry. Again, top marks Ding, really appreciated.

Entering the season with the minimum players arrogance?? Far from it. It wasn't ideal, but that was the situation. Which led to the events of this week (which were not ideal).

Behind the scenes, something of which Agent93 knows nothing about just quietly, it wasn't getting better. Another player expressed a desire to bugger off as they were inexplicably linked to haydo.

So, the rookies rolled in, yahoo!! Did we take more than to get us to the minimum? You bet your sweet ******* life we did!!
Thus we have the situation if an account DOES get nuked, this situation won't occur again.

Is this a leadership in tatters? Absolutely not. The decisions taken by the LG to take more than required may have seemed greedy, but it ensures that the situation won't happen again. This is strong, prudent leadership.

I have taken the decision, against the LG's wishes, to drop myself so that all new rookies get a go. Again, strong leadership. Not ego driven decisions, but decisions made to strengthen the Wonders. This also does not destabilise the current group.

Wonders are a strong, united club. I only hope that haydo gets well and can rejoin as we strive for #firsttosix
Dropping yourself though?
I get people moving to less sought after positions to fit people in but dropping yourself from the team as captain takes it a bit far.

Yet you validate it. Close to the bone methinks.

The deafening sounds of those 3 inactives you had to delist pre-season. Actually delisting haydo rather than stashing him. This is the stuff regular SFA clubs do, hang on to those old names to fill out the numbers. We've still got our captain from 4 seasons back on the list despite no-one hearing from him* for years. You blokes (and now lady, apparently?) just can't see past yourselves.

Literally more than the Gumbies and Royals combined efforts to start the season. At what point do you say, hang on mate, for the betterment of the league it might be best if you head over there? But nah, * those stragglers.

Is this a leadership in tatters? Absolutely not.
I have taken the decision, against the LG's wishes
Not just a river in Egypt it would seem.

so that all new rookies get a go
Those plum interchange spots mate. These guys are gonna look back on their 3 possession debuts with absolute fondness and be hooked for life. You watch their interest flatline like last season's premo rookie Danger Zone.

Absolutely did, middle of the off-season as well. More power to Dingster, though it's a big shame you've been lumped on the bench, because you're a cracker on the Eagles board.

If you look at every other club in the league, folks who contribute get to start.

*I swear Mr Eagle is Scott Ludlum. The timing was too coincidental.

Ouch.

Welcome to the SFA mate, it’s an asylum but a good community nevertheless :grinning:
Go Eagles!

Actually delisting haydo rather than stashing him
Proof you're a moron with absolutely no clue what is going on.

haydo's account was deleted, he HAD to be delisted.

But please, go on.

Absolutely did, middle of the off-season as well. More power to Dingster, though it's a big shame you've been lumped on the bench, because you're a cracker on the Eagles board.
Will be on field before long.

Back