Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
most likely lost drone went looking got lost etc....
fire just adds a strange twist.

The hysteria over Button Man was exciting while it lasted.

I've heard enough people familiar with the area say if you get lost for a few days it won't be long until the wild dogs find you, I like the theory that the guy has got lost with the drone and the lady has gone looking for him and got lost as well.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Valentino Rossi, Melbourne Stars
This has all gone very quiet again. As said above, Button Man stirred up a lot of noise. I did wonder if Rule and Silvester wrote the stories as a red herring to aid the police in closing in on someone/something else whilst making the POI think the heat was off. They both seem very tight with Police.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
This has all gone very quiet again. As said above, Button Man stirred up a lot of noise. I did wonder if Rule and Silvester wrote the stories as a red herring to aid the police in closing in on someone/something else whilst making the POI think the heat was off. They both seem very tight with Police.

Wouldn't shock - poor old Buttons thrown under the bus.

Police have called foul play.

Foul play is now the most likely scenario in the High Country mystery of missing friends Russell Hill and Carol Clay, police believe.

Investigators are looking at the prospect a “third-party” is involved in the disappearance of the pair in east Gippsland almost three months ago.

Detective Insp. Andrew Stamper of the missing persons squad said the circumstances of the mystery indicate they are the victims of foul play and has urged anyone in the area at the time to come forward.

wonnangatta.png

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
If the police can call 'foul play' on this I'm thinking they might have to revisit the other weird disappearances around there and look at them in a serial killer context?

I can't see how they couldn't at least reopen some investigations. At very least Nils Becker and possibly David Prideaux.

I can't see how they couldn't at least reopen some investigations. At very least Nils Becker and possibly David Prideaux.

Becker seems real suspicious, super fit he was going away for five days and on the fifth day rang/text to say he was headed back to his car which you could assume was within a days walk in daylight. Then pouffe he's gone.

The Magnetometer drone can pick up metal including small pipes under the ground, anybody can buy one but it works better flying at around 1 metre above the ground. That isn't going to work in this region but I bet the military has got something that might pick up for example David Prideaux' weaponry from above the trees, or Russell's drone.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Magnetometer drone can pick up metal including small pipes under the ground, anybody can buy one but it works better flying at around 1 metre above the ground. That isn't going to work in this region but I bet the military has got something that might pick up for example David Prideaux' weaponry from above the trees, or Russell's drone.

The problem with that Shelley is that the area is simply so vast and so densely wooded. There's parts of the high country you would physically struggle to walk through as the bush is so thick. A drone would have no hope.

SmAshmoto

Team Captain
Feb 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Purely theorising here, but what about the possibility of an internal dispute between Russell and Carol? They get into an argument, Carol storms off, Russell goes looking for her (perhaps with drone) and both get lost? Or Russell kills Carol, then can't handle what he's done and suicides? Leaves some holes regarding locations and signs of a struggle etc, but an angle that I've not seen looked at yet.

Also interesting to note the High Country has claimed another victim in suspicious circumstances over the weekend. A man assaulted by a group of people whilst camping at Toorongo Falls near Noojee late Friday night, continued to camp out, went to the nearby Noojee Hotel Saturday night to drink, was offered medical assistance by pub staff due to the condition he was in (which he refused). He then returned Sunday night to the pub, this time asking for assistance, before dying in the ambulance en route to hospital.

Not saying it's related, but a further step away from what life in the high country used to be, a peaceful and relaxing escape from the harsh realities of city life.

MaryMallon

Debutant
Jun 23, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
What happens in the bush stays in the bush!
I go camping/hiking/exploring alone on a regular basis, you'd be amazed at some of the things you come across when leaving the constant glare of society, only fools go into country unarmed.
There dead, probably deep down a 100 year old mine shaft, never to be found.

This was a while ago and Warren went missing off Mount Dom Dom, its covered by the Yarra Valley but its still close enough. Same old story, experienced hiker with all the gear, a phone and GPS simply vanishes. Long time ago in 2008 but if there's a killer on the loose, he might have moved territory. There were reports of automatic gunfire in the area he was in and the police wouldn't rule out foul play.

In decent March weather, he just went for a Sunday walk.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think that's what it says, pretty sure the drone is still missing.
Your right, it doesn't actually say that the drone has been found. ... 'A missing drone could hold the key to unraveling the mysterious disappearance of an elderly pair in Victoria's high country. ' But otherwise doesn't say what the 'vital new evidence discovered' actually is, which leads you to believe it must be that the drone has been found. Sensationalist news article at its best??

Your right, it doesn't actually say that the drone has been found. ... 'A missing drone could hold the key to unraveling the mysterious disappearance of an elderly pair in Victoria's high country. ' But otherwise doesn't say what the 'vital new evidence discovered' actually is, which leads you to believe it must be that the drone has been found. Sensationalist news article at its best??

It's a really misleading headline, I fell for it momentarily the first time I saw it months ago but it appears in google search as if it was only published two days ago.

drone.png

omen_au

Senior List
Oct 2, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pistons, Liverpool
Yeah I was mislead by the article. My bad.
Here is the latest article

Fresh twist in search for missing married man and his secret lover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back