Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
there's something in it though, and i did earlier allude to it having an abstract form, where images, not to scale, tend to merge into each other.
regardless, subsequent republished images appear to have been blurred beyond previous clarity.

there are many missing persons unaccounted for, and i can't help but feel there's a dumping ground with other lost souls, somewhere in the vicinity ... will authorities abandon wonnangatta for another 30 or 40 years, as they did with milat's killing grounds? i'm very interested to view tomorrow night's tv doco on balanglo, in regard to what they've apparently discovered only recently. hopefully this "new technology" will soon be employed in the wonnangatta region.

imho

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I had a retired family member go for a walk in a park near her home in suburbia Melbourne. Fell down the side of a hill and hurt herself. Took forever for her to get up as nobody was around. I'm guessing at their age if one or both have a fall in deep bush they're toast.

Then eaten alive by bush animals. Seems plausible if there is a plausible explanation for the fire.

But seems like the cops believe it is foul play.
Really sorry to hear that happened to your family member hope she is ok now. Unfortunately accidents like that are a common occurrence with the elderly, falling (whether at home or out) and being unable to get up.
So there is then the possibility they went for a walk, leaving food cooking thinking they would be back by the time it was ready. An 'incident' occurred whilst they were out, thus the meal burnt causing a fire which caused the camp site to accidentally burnt down. In this scenario the the campsite burning is not connected to them missing, just a consequence of them not returning.
Though i still have no idea what could have happened to them. My thoughts are that as the area has been thoroughly searched (?) they are no longer in that area, as they would have been found - unless they have fallen down a deep hole or cave.

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
snipped
So there is then the possibility they went for a walk, leaving food cooking thinking they would be back by the time it was ready. An 'incident' occurred whilst they were out, thus the meal burnt causing a fire which caused the camp site to accidentally burnt down. In this scenario the the campsite burning is not connected to them missing, just a consequence of them not returning.
Though i still have no idea what could have happened to them. My thoughts are that as the area has been thoroughly searched (?) they are no longer in that area, as they would have been found - unless they have fallen down a deep hole or cave.

sounds plausible save for the fact it was said, by those who knew him, that he would never have set a campfire so close to his vehicle ; and further stated, by investigators, that the blaze appeared to have been "fuelled", possibly by the gas cylinders which, along with all other camping items, had been piled within the tent, perhaps to destroy evidence, but an equinox bonfire should not be dismissed, imho.

harping back to the sooty illustration which i described as a cliff face, it also suggested a "cavern" to me ... and that fits in with your big hole theory.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
sounds plausible save for the fact it was said, by those who knew him, that he would never have set a campfire so close to his vehicle ; and further stated, by investigators, that the blaze appeared to have been "fuelled", possibly by the gas cylinders which, along with all other camping items, had been piled within the tent, perhaps to destroy evidence, but an equinox bonfire should not be dismissed, imho.

harping back to the sooty illustration which i described as a cliff face, it also suggested a "cavern" to me ... and that fits in with your big hole theory.
Sorry mate Nobody drew illustrations into the soot, not sure what your seeing but your the only one seeing it..

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry mate Nobody drew illustrations into the soot, not sure what your seeing but your the only one seeing it..

i beg to differ, and while we're at it, that's "you're", stretch. YOU are entitled to YOUR own personal opinion, whilst you're not appointed to speak on behalf of everyone else, "mate"
imho

Last edited:

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
As you are, stop being so sensitive.. when i said nobody else, I didn’t see anybody else agree you with,

i do tend to scrutinize available crime scene photos, and it shouldn't feel like going out on a limb when pointing out anything i might have noticed - and truthfully - it was the very first thing i saw.
i'm fine with the earlier comment "what are you looking at?" but for that comment to conclude with "Hahaha" is humiliating.
happy anytime, to go into more detail, to explain or illustrate to the best of my ability, although doing so does take time that i may not have immediately, and then to be greeted with a response like your's after having made the time, well grrr ... yes, i am quite sensitive, and don't mind admitting that.
utility illustrated what i'd referred to before i'd found the time, and their effort to highlight was very close to the mark. thank you, ute.
imho

Last edited:

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
this case was just mentioned on the evening news.
nothing to do with drug crops.
foul play - they've brought in cadaver dogs.

the drone found did NOT belong to russel hill, it WAS however located within the search area, and investigators are hopeful it may still provide a clue to whatever transpired.

Fair enough, but do you seriously believe somebody drew into the soot after burning the tent etc?

in a nutshell? yes.
whoever's responsible likely felt they'd all the time in the world in such an isolated location.
imho

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
this case was just mentioned on the evening news.
nothing to do with drug crops.
foul play - they've brought in cadaver dogs.

the drone found did NOT belong to russel hill, it WAS however located within the search area, and investigators are hopeful it may still provide a clue to whatever transpired.

in a nutshell? yes.
whoever's responsible likely felt they'd all the time in the world in such an isolated location.
imho
i understand you think that but to me that is totally unrealistic.. the rouge hunters theory is probably the strongest as police seem to focusing on that missing 4wd they can’t track down..
Police are clearly planting stories in the media to hopefully get them talking.. time will tell I guess.

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i understand you think that but to me that is totally unrealistic.. the rouge hunters theory is probably the strongest as police seem to focusing on that missing 4wd they can’t track down..
Police are clearly planting stories in the media to hopefully get them talking.. time will tell I guess.

i agree that the rogue hunters theory is a good one, and it's still not out of the equation ... i myself am not a fan of occam's, i feel it's possibly, often mistakenly assessed as an easy way out of investigation.

very curious as to the state of the abundant deer carcasses which were discovered by the searcher on horseback as mentioned in the doco ... had they been butchered for food supply? or killed just for the sheer hell of it? or mutilated?
were the antlers removed to carve into buttons?

about 3or4 months ago, i noticed someone in my area had a pile of antlers for sale on gumtree.

imho

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
i myself am not a fan of occam's, i feel it's possibly, often mistakenly assessed as an easy way out of investigation.

That's it being used incorrectly.

It's still best practice for most situations.

The chance that someone came back after setting fire to everything, to draw in to the soot, an illustration of the victims would be 1,000,000:1

daniologist

trainee
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pohang Steelers
i speculate the investigator was likely referring to my earlier noted illustration, drawn into the soot on the vehicle's canopy ... look closely ... to my eye, it contains a very basic caricature of each of the missing couple's side facial profiles.
to me this indicates the illustrator MUST have been familiar enough with the couple's facial attributes, hence i disagree that the sooty illustration was unrelated to the crime.

I'm not seeing anything in the images posted here. No illustrations are visible to me, let alone caricatures of the two missing people. If you can see something, good for you, but there's nothing apparent to me and I think you're imagining things. Feel free to take offence, I won't mind. But perhaps don't throw around ableist slurs, because they really are offensive to people who don't deserve to be offended.

imho

Team Captain
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
9dd4e97b33ea5ad1d9ea187b0016da64.jpg

imho

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nothing really new here....... The couple, who had been having an affair for decades...... investigating if the couple were ambushed early considering the toilet at their campsite had been unused, suggesting the pair had only spent a short amount of time in the area before their deaths ..... the couple’s campsite was found burnt to the ground with their tent destroyed and their sleeping bags missing..... used as body bags ....... knew his friend wouldn’t set up the campsite in the way it was found, with items scattered around everywhere....

Last edited:

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty obvious explanation. His wife finds out he's been having a multi-decade affair. Goes to the Rebels to hire a hit man. They're a little more competent this side of the Nullarbor.

I'd be curious what the police have investigated re mobile phone tower data. I can't imagine there'd be many entry points to the area in question or that many people using those towers.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty obvious explanation. His wife finds out he's been having a multi-decade affair. Goes to the Rebels to hire a hit man. They're a little more competent this side of the Nullarbor.

I'd be curious what the police have investigated re mobile phone tower data. I can't imagine there'd be many entry points to the area in question or that many people using those towers.

The crime show gave the impression the wife knew something had been going on for atleast the last 20 years.

In fact the more I learn about the case it appears the affair wasn't the total secret love affair the media was making it out to be at the start.

Well
Thats solved that then

Back