Unsolved Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrafirma

Team Captain
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the very least Lynn has to surely plead guilty to interfering with a corpse x 2 and perverting the course of justice by attempting to cover it up the whole thing regardless of whatever events preceded the deaths of Russell & Carroll.

Those two charges in themselves are extremely serious.
We don't know yet because we as the audience per se don't know what evidence the Police have? The evidence against him will tell us a lot more when it is released. So I think it's still early days for us until the trial begins so many unknowns until some of the facts emerge. May 31st a week away so lets see what comes from that?

Pamcake1

Team Captain
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
This Tuesday is the day lets hope we get some snippets of information re what's happened and what the Police have on him.
Yes finally we might know more than just speculation. Is it on at the Sale Magistrates court?

Irma

Rookie
Dec 2, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
“During the hearing which lasted just five minutes the Caroline Springs man listened intently to the conversation between his lawyer, prosecutor and the magistrate.

Defence lawyer Chris McLennan said he was seeking the case be adjourned for a lengthy period due to a “combination of factors”.

“The brief has arrived in a digital form and my client hasn’t got access to a computer … as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...y/news-story/008ca5e6cecea5c6644ba86322e00baa

I’m kinda surprised, I thought people on remand would have access to a computer for this particular reason?
All this waiting… for a 5 minute hearing. 🤦‍♀️

SJ

Premium Platinum
May 22, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
“During the hearing which lasted just five minutes the Caroline Springs man listened intently to the conversation between his lawyer, prosecutor and the magistrate.

Defence lawyer Chris McLennan said he was seeking the case be adjourned for a lengthy period due to a “combination of factors”.

“The brief has arrived in a digital form and my client hasn’t got access to a computer … as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...y/news-story/008ca5e6cecea5c6644ba86322e00baa

I’m kinda surprised, I thought people on remand would have access to a computer for this particular reason?
You reckon they could have asked for that 6 months ago?

Seems he had enough access to submit an unfair dismissal claim?

Kwality

Hall of Famer
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

The prosecution isnt ready to go either: ... as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

Those here seem quick to blame the defence.

Irma

Rookie
Dec 2, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The prosecution isnt ready to go either: ... as I understand it the prosecution needs about eight to 10 weeks to get exhibits and other transcripts,” Mr McLennan told the court.”

Those here seem quick to blame the defence.
I wasn’t blaming anyone for anything. Yes, the prosecution also need more time, but my comment was simply about being surprised Lynn didn’t have access to a computer. Don’t quote me and try and twist what I said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrafirma

Team Captain
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
August 23 is the new date for the committal with both the prosecutor and the defence asking for more time to compile evidence etc etc. Also apparently Lynn doesn't have access to anything digital in prison and court records and evidence etc has been digital according to his lawyer. A bit of an anti climax but given the nature of the case no surprise.!

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
The more time to compile evidence seems a bit of a strange one.

Surely all relevant evidence is well known to both parties by now. The known facts are well established.

Terrafirma

Team Captain
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
The more time to compile evidence seems a bit of a strange one.

Surely all relevant evidence is well known to both parties by now. The known facts are well established.
Not really the Claremont Killings and Bradley Robert Edwards case saw a similar time frame. When you are preparing forensic evidence for prosecution there are so many factors that need to be addressed for the evidence to be legitimate. And in turn defending against that forensic evidence requires similar preparation. Forensic evidence is science based so you can imagine the complications. There are no witnesses to the murders so science will determine Lynn's guilt or innocence. If the science fails to convict Lynn (And he is guilty persee) that would be a tragedy for all involved and a murderer gets to walk free.!