Unsolved Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Surely by now any evidence that is going to be used in the case has been submitted and analysed by both sides.

I see the main problem being that it is only really Lynn who knows what actually happened. I notice that it has gone quiet in the media on this one - probably a deliberate tactic so GL legal representation cannot go for an unfair trial due to media speculation on his past.

Irma

Rookie
Dec 2, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The bodies have been found and he's been charged, all that's left is for Lyn to see the brief and make a decision of whether to fight at trial or try to make some kind of deal.
Read on another site a family member of one of the deceased saying that GL hasn't denied all involvement, and that the police and the family members know how they were murdered, and what he did with their bodies afterwards, (and said, that's if he was telling the truth). If that's all true I reckon he'll probably be angling to make some kind of a deal. If he wanted to take it all the way to trial, he'd be denying all involvement, surely. Unless he's gonna try and suggest an accomplice?

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Read on another site a family member of one of the deceased saying that GL hasn't denied all involvement, and that the police and the family members know how they were murdered, and what he did with their bodies afterwards, (and said, that's if he was telling the truth). If that's all true I reckon he'll probably be angling to make some kind of a deal. If he wanted to take it all the way to trial, he'd be denying all involvement, surely. Unless he's gonna try and suggest an accomplice?

He might try for manslaughter or some kind of provocation. Yeh nah, not sure that would work really.

Did this person give any hints as to how the two died?

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nah, she said something about not being allowed to say more. But did say the fire didn't fragment the bones. Also that the motive is still a big mystery.

Most theories seem to centre around an argument between GL & RH and GL subsequently killing RH and then CC to cover up the initial death.

I guess we will know GL's alleged version of events by this time next week.

Very quiet in the media on this one. Presumably so GL's lawyer can't go down the unfair trial route if the case goes to trial.

I'm not sure how these things work but can't GL's wife divorce him before the trial? I'm sure she would not want to see her assets drained defending GL who must surely be doing prison time no matter what the outcome is.

Terrafirma

Team Captain
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Most theories seem to centre around an argument between GL & RH and GL subsequently killing RH and then CC to cover up the initial death.

I guess we will know GL's alleged version of events by this time next week.

Very quiet in the media on this one. Presumably so GL's lawyer can't go down the unfair trial route if the case goes to trial.

I'm not sure how these things work but can't GL's wife divorce him before the trial? I'm sure she would not want to see her assets drained defending GL who must surely be doing prison time no matter what the outcome is.
Only 5 days to before the start of the trial which is on the 23rd. I wonder if we will find out what the argument was about? I'm going with the drone because that is missing and was being flown just before dark. The fact that the drone is missing suggests Lynn took it for fear of incrimination. Off course the argument could be about something else and Lynn still takes the drone because he doesn't want to be seen there at the time?

Zidane98

TheBrownDog
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Only 5 days to before the start of the trial which is on the 23rd. I wonder if we will find out what the argument was about? I'm going with the drone because that is missing and was being flown just before dark. The fact that the drone is missing suggests Lynn took it for fear of incrimination. Off course the argument could be about something else and Lynn still takes the drone because he doesn't want to be seen there at the time?

Logically you would think the drone would be involved in the argument. But truth is often stranger than fiction. We will see.

Pamcake1

Team Captain
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
It is the Commital not the trial.
Often you hear more from the commital than the trial though.
The drone, the trailer, the burning of the camp site, the hiding and burning of the bodies, his plea...... theres a lot we want to know!

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It is the Commital not the trial.
Often you hear more from the commital than the trial though.
The drone, the trailer, the burning of the camp site, the hiding and burning of the bodies, his plea...... theres a lot we want to know!

I hope we can find a courtroom blogger covering the Committal.

FTY1

Team Captain
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
A
Is the Committal at Sale do we know? I might go for a drive if I can fit it in.A
And our roving reporter Kurve comes to us from Sale ....

1660829415914.png