Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Huge.

When he got to the burial site, there must not have been whole heap of time left before dawn when people are starting to stir, get up and move around. Even though it's in the bush unusual fire smell carries in the wind.
He could have pulled up at the next campsite and waited till nightfall with their bodies hidden in the trailer (remember the photo of the trailer) and then started the disposal. We don't know whether he actually disposed of them immediately. He might have pulled up, had a sleep and then started scoping out sites for disposal in daylight. Then positioned himself to do the disposal after dark. Unless he knew the disposal site beforehand which is a real possibility, how would he look for it in the dark unseen. Also we don't know whether he returned to the disposal site as they might have just been burried to begin with and he returned later to light the fire.

He could have pulled up at the next campsite and waited till nightfall with their bodies hidden in the trailer (remember the photo of the trailer) and then started the disposal. We don't know whether he actually disposed of them immediately. He might have pulled up, had a sleep and then started scoping out sites for disposal in daylight. Then positioned himself to do the disposal after dark. Unless he knew the disposal site beforehand which is a real possibility, how would he look for it in the dark unseen. Also we don't know whether he returned to the disposal site as they might have just been burried to begin with and he returned later to light the fire.
Didn’t they track him to the Mt Hotham turn off that night? He’d want to get it done asap. Returning even once would be dangerous and raise more suspicions.

Are you forgetting that he was a senior pilot, well in control of any panic response, Kurve?
If you think about his personality and experience he was probably just focused on his mission and putting any interuptive emotions aside, as he was well trained to do.
We don't even know if he went home the next day or even the day after do we?
Have you caught up with what was said while you were away? There was a lot on his responses to panic.
Also welcome back;)
Some of the abilities and characteristics attributed to him because he's a Jetstar pilot seem like a big leap to me. He can afford top defence lawyers? He's well in control of any panic response? He's trained to fly people around in a jet, not kill and evade. He's not James Bond. Heck he's not even Maverick!

It's really steep and narrow where the gate is, turning the trailer round by hand on your own anywhere in that area would be insanely hard, you'd probably loose control and it would fly off the track.

Can't be that narrow if he managed to turn around with the trailer on the back (eventually) after half an hour of creating a huge racket.

And if it was too narrow the logical thing to do would be to reverse until a better location was found to unhitch and turn the car around - hitch up and go.

Trying to turn around in a tight space with a trailer on the back seems the least logical thing to do for me.

Didn’t they track him to the Mt Hotham turn off that night? He’d want to get it done asap. Returning even once would be dangerous and raise more suspicions.

I believe they also tracked his mobile phone when reception became available on some of the peaks in the area.

So they know he was at Abbeyard gate around 11.30, stuck there for half an hour. His phone pinged on the way to Grant HA (burial site). Then in the morning his vehicle was photographed leaving Hotham. The coppers probably have his movements for the night nailed down at this stage.

I think they did. That trailer would have been real heavy too, he would have been going through more fuel than normal. If he was thinking, he would have had deer in it as well, if it started to smell they would be cover.

Are you forgetting that he was a senior pilot, well in control of any panic response, Kurve?

If we can believe it and I do as the information is too specific and the chat over airline channels is consistently negative, he was fired from an airline and thought to have a personality issue. While we don't know the circumstances, any way I look at it, whether he charged in to their campsite with a loaded weapon or he executed Russell and Carol in their camp chairs, he lost control.

If we can believe it and I do as the information is too specific and the chat over airline channels is consistently negative, he was fired from an airline and thought to have a personality issue. While we don't know the circumstances, any way I look at it, whether he charged in to their campsite with a loaded weapon or he executed Russell and Carol in their camp chairs, he lost control.
Yep, I agree. He is universally known as a nutter amongst his colleagues. Has been for some time. There is a lot more to this than what we know IMO.

I think they did. That trailer would have been real heavy too, he would have been going through more fuel than normal. If he was thinking, he would have had deer in it as well, if it started to smell they would be cover.

He was up at Abbeyard around 11.30, didn't turn around until midnight. Below is a screenshot of the route from Abbeyard to Grant HA (where the couple were buried):

1662599485457.png

3 hours 14 minutes in ideal circumstances. With a trailer on and complete darkness you can add probably an hour at least to the that journey, maybe more.

Brings ETA to Grant HA around 4.30am. I guess enough time for an individual to start a fire hot enough to burn a few bodies and bury them but that must have taken at least a good few hours.

Then he hightails it out of the area via Dargo plains rd to Hotham and is snapped on camera early morning.

I wonder why he exited via Hotham. Seems that it would have been just as easy to exit south via Dargo with probably less traffic around.

So it wasn't due to downsizing during the pandemic? Which may have driven him to depression or resentment, as it probably did to many others :(

So it wasn't due to downsizing during the pandemic? Which may have driven him to depression or resentment, as it probably did to many others :(

He was apparently fired from an international airline before the pandemic and prior to Jetstar taking him on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder why he didn't turn the trailer around by hand?

Was he injured? Afraid a camera or person would see his face? Was the trailer damaged in some way that prevented him from turning it?

If the ground on the track was a bit soft and presumably with a heap of weight in it, he might have struggled.

I wonder why he didn't turn the trailer around by hand?

Was he injured? Afraid a camera or person would see his face? Was the trailer damaged in some way that prevented him from turning it?

Injured is a good shout. For me the only logical reason to not turn the trailer around by hand. Wonder if they have questioned wifey about whether GL came back from the 'gatta with an injury that weekend. Possibly following an altercation with RH.

Looking at the weather around the time I think we can discount a soft track. It had been dry for awhile and there were bushfires in the vicinity.

Ive attached the route below of GL's assumed route to Abbeyard:

1662608505148.png

Campsite was near Dry River track. Does anyone know where the gate is on W Buffalo track?

Fuel? There's 24hr trading fuel stops at Hotham.

Is there outside of ski season? On the hotham website it advises to fill up in Bright or Omeo. I would have thought Dargo would be a more reliable place for fuel than Hotham outside of snow season.

Also from Providence Spur Track in Grant HA (burial location) to Hotham is a 3 hour trip. To Dargo 1 hour 40 minutes.

It's a strange choice to choose a route via Hotham for me.

Is there outside of ski season? On the hotham website it advises to fill up in Bright or Omeo. I would have thought Dargo would be a more reliable place for fuel than Hotham outside of snow season.

Also from Providence Spur Track in Grant HA (burial location) to Hotham is a 3 hour trip. To Dargo 1 hour 40 minutes.

It's a strange choice to choose a route via Hotham for me.

Only thing I can think of is fuel was a better chance than Dargo, on a quick look it seems the only place to get it in Dargo is the General Store which closes at 5.00pm according to the internet but 4.00pm today.

But maybe he has another good hiding spot he wanted to get to at Hotham and he's left other items there.

Only thing I can think of is fuel was a better chance than Dargo, on a quick look it seems the only place to get it in Dargo is the General Store which closes at 5.00pm according to the internet but 4.00pm today.

But maybe he has another good hiding spot he wanted to get to at Hotham and he's left other items there.

I have him arriving at burial site around 4.30. Allow 2 hours there leaving around 6.30am. Then get into Dargo around 9am? General store that time of year surely open then.

There has to be another reason for his Hotham detour. Maybe a hiding spot like you say.

Fuel? There's 24hr trading fuel stops at Hotham.
Could well be does anyone know if his 4WD was running on Gas vs Petrol.? Gas doesn't have the range notwithstanding he would of had fuel as well. That vintage Patrol super thirsty rig especially towing. Given the mile he'd done going in and then going out almost certain he would have to stop for fuel unless he had some full jerry cans with him? Looked like there may have been one on the back.?

So just checked his photo and yes was running LPG most likely only got a range of 400KMs on gas maybe even less? There was also a jerry on the back.

Attachments

• LYNN 4WD.jpg
    LYNN 4WD.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 66
Can't be that narrow if he managed to turn around with the trailer on the back (eventually) after half an hour of creating a huge racket.

And if it was too narrow the logical thing to do would be to reverse until a better location was found to unhitch and turn the car around - hitch up and go.

Trying to turn around in a tight space with a trailer on the back seems the least logical thing to do for me.
It's the steepness that's the issue, you cant physically control a trailer by yourself on the incline.
I drive down from the gate to the valley a few months ago trying to figure out how he turned around, it would have been a hell of an effort.
The track doesn't get wider or flatter for ages, reversing down with a trailer at night would be very hard.

Also the track is well drained and rocky, Ive driven it in downpours and it doesn't get soft

And can anyone figure out a logical reason for GL to exit the area via Mt Hotham vs south towards Dargo? Less traffic and people around the southern exit route for sure over exiting via Hotham.

Trying to create an alibi by getting himself tagged in Hotham?

Back