Unsolved Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Pamcake1

Senior List
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
The Daily Fail offers up footage of GL discussing the CCTV of a neighbour last weekend.
Is he figuring out what's in view and whether it works...just btw?

Alberto_Magnifico

Team Captain
Aug 9, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Also shows how isolated the place is. Not somewhere I’d like to be, prefer a few other people around. It would be spooky out there all alone.

The place where Lynn was arrested was similar.
Nah it's not that scary! Peaceful as a graveyard in fact....haha nah it's fine after a trip or two on your own, at first its a bit awkward but I would probably do 5-6 solo trips a year now, as do a lot of my mates. I've camped up all through the Howitt area on my own, but admit I much prefer midweek when it's quieter.
It's even better to pack-in deep into the bush off-trail and setup a base camp, feels like there is no one else in the world!

MiguelM

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
reposting from the first anniversary

4 people disappeared without trace in victorian mountains

imho
It is a long shot to suggest he was involved in any other disappearances but they now have his DNA!!

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
The Daily Fail offers up footage of GL discussing the CCTV of a neighbour last weekend.
Is he figuring out what's in view and whether it works...just btw?

It was the neighbor who brought it up and it was the neighbors footage.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
This is behind the HS paywall:

1637882287125.png

Not sure if that story has any substance, and as some of you have indicated, hopefully stories/claims like this don't contribute to prejudicial claims by his defence, but some media outlets are now going to generate click-bait speculative pieces ad-nauseum I suspect.

rdhopkins2

Carpe Diem
Oct 1, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Lynn faced court via video link this morning. Did not apply for bail. Remanded in custody until next appearance in May.

Unlikely to win bail facing murder charges but still. I wonder if his lawyer told him don’t bother to apply or whetherhe outright instructed his lawyer not to apply for bail.

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

View attachment 1287665

Not sure if that story has any substance, and as some of you have indicated, hopefully stories/claims like this don't contribute to prejudicial claims by his defence, but some media outlets are now going to generate click-bait speculative pieces ad-nauseum I suspect.
This is the new "journalism" and why you should take most news items with a pinch of salt until verified. Even then, often not all the facts are publicised. Narratives are pushed by parts of the media and differing views are frowned upon (or worse).

/rant :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lynn faced court via video link this morning. Did not apply for bail. Remanded in custody until next appearance in May.

Unlikely to win bail facing murder charges but still. I wonder if his lawyer told him don’t bother to apply or whetherhe outright instructed his lawyer not to apply for bail.
Do they enter a plea at this stage?

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

View attachment 1287665

Article suggests she died of suicide via alcohol and pills.

Pamcake1

Senior List
Dec 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chewton Tigers
So he did tell them where and apparently they are buried.

Daily Fail article;
"
Victorian Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill said police had been provided 'specific' information as to where to find the burial site within the Great Alpine region.

But even with detailed information on a burial site, police have said it will take days to prepare for the dig in what is some of the most rugged terrain on the planet.

It is understood detectives only received the information on the likely location on Thursday morning, with police making a preliminary scout of the rugged terrain. "

Anja_Nees

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Daily Fail article;
"
Victorian Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill said police had been provided 'specific' information as to where to find the burial site within the Great Alpine region.

But even with detailed information on a burial site, police have said it will take days to prepare for the dig in what is some of the most rugged terrain on the planet.

It is understood detectives only received the information on the likely location on Thursday morning, with police making a preliminary scout of the rugged terrain. "

He probably emailed a mate asking him to move the bodies and accidentally copied the detectives.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg

Daily Fail article;
"

Couldn't be too far off a track, he is not the biggest bloke and it would take considerable effort to move the bodies. But with a likely location shouldn't be too long before remains are found at least which gives closure to the families.

It sounds like there has been a full admission which spares the family a pain of being dragged through a trial.

MiguelM

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Couldn't be too far off a track, he is not the biggest bloke and it would take considerable effort to move the bodies. But with a likely location shouldn't be too long before remains are found at least which gives closure to the families.

It sounds like there has been a full admission which spares the family a pain of being dragged through a trial.
You would have to think they are in pretty shallow graves, tough terrain to dig, though he might have had time if he had the bodies in trailer for a while and a totally different location?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad