Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
He wouldn't have provided an exact location (GPS coordinates) and it would be a general area, such as, "about X km up X track and X km into the bush east".
Plus whatever remains there are will likely be heavily predated and scattered by scavengers. Won't be easy.

Also not to be too gruesome but deer hunters (such as myself) are pretty used to carrying parts of animals some distance through bush, and mature Sambar deer is upwards of 200kg.
There might be multiple disposal sites too.
I wonder if he will accompany them?

Yeah a friend of mine is a keen hunter, an animal that size would be packed into how heavy parts though? 30kg?

This is an old man, and unless he did the unthinkable as you mention it would more likely be dragging them I would have thought.

It is on FB VicPol page.

Police are being very cagey about how they identified this new crime scene. They're not prepared to give any details of where it is aside from the Alpines which could even mean Mount Hotham and they won't say if the information was offered by or was pulled from Lynn, only that it was identified this morning.

Then they charge him going into four days. They didn't take him out of the police station so he could take them through his moves and show them where he thought they were, I'm not sure he's cooperating.

What’s the chances of this being more than just a random altercation?

Been a few people missing in similar areas. Got all the warning signs of potentially being something a lot more given the suspicious circumstances of previous wife death, gun collection etc.

Again could be way off track but if you accidentally killed someone would killing the witness be the first thing come to mind?

Most likely considering the time line. There would not have been time to bury them and destroy evidence etc.
Very good point, assuming he disposed of evidence after he was heard leaving and before he he was snapped on the cam be wouldn't have had much time to be overly elaborate. In fact that timing might only leave an hour or so unnacounted for.

But if he did it after the cam photo...how far could you drive with that sort of evidence in the trailer? As an experienced outdoorsman Im sure he has detailed knowledge of vast areas of the Vic bush. For example his socials show he knew the Walhalla area, which has plenty of old gold shafts

I wonder if he will accompany them?

Yeah a friend of mine is a keen hunter, an animal that size would be packed into how heavy parts though? 30kg?

This is an old man, and unless he did the unthinkable as you mention it would more likely be dragging them I would have thought.
I would have to agree, unless he is some sort of experienced psycho he would probably get it over and done with ASAP.
There are plenty of treacherous tracks on near sheer cliffs that would almost never have seen a humans traverse, unless they were extremely motivated.

That could be a very good reason why he doesn't want them to find the bodies for the story they might tell the forensic pathologist. If it's a good hiding spot, there might be others there as well.

Did we find out if he was connected to the shovels they found on Hotham? If they can connect him to the shovels, he might have stashes all over.

Very good point, assuming he disposed of evidence after he was heard leaving and before he he was snapped on the cam be wouldn't have had much time to be overly elaborate. In fact that timing might only leave an hour or so unnacounted for.

But if he did it after the cam photo...how far could you drive with that sort of evidence in the trailer? As an experienced outdoorsman Im sure he has detailed knowledge of vast areas of the Vic bush. For example his socials show he knew the Walhalla area, which has plenty of old gold shafts
The Police are going to be searching a specific area of the high country as stated in the press conference......So I would say it was well before then or maybe after he turned around at the gate. I don't think it will be that far from the camp site...within 10-20 km is my prediction. I would say that as this wasn't a premeditated crime (well only thought about for a max of an hour or 2 before it) that he would have disposed of them fairly quickly. Like why woulld he drive that far with them, just far enough to put the K9's off the trail.

Police are being very cagey about how they identified this new crime scene. They're not prepared to give any details of where it is aside from the Alpines which could even mean Mount Hotham and they won't say if the information was offered by or was pulled from Lynn, only that it was identified this morning.

Then they charge him going into four days. They didn't take him out of the police station so he could take them through his moves and show them where he thought they were, I'm not sure he's cooperating.
I think that he is co-operating at least to a limited extent. Not the full on confession but not the no comment either. By the VicPol saying they have located a 2nd crime scene (which they have known about from this morning) they have the dump site or there abouts. It is either a place he already knows or a place he passed as he would have been dumping them in the dark and off the road, it would not have been that easy.

What’s the chances of this being more than just a random altercation?

Been a few people missing in similar areas. Got all the warning signs of potentially being something a lot more given the suspicious circumstances of previous wife death, gun collection etc.

Again could be way off track but if you accidentally killed someone would killing the witness be the first thing come to mind?
I would say the chances are very very slim. I don't think he will prove to be an episodic killer. I think this is a very sad case of him doing something really stupid when he lost his temper and then compounding it and compounding it again. If he was a murderous bastard he could have killed hundreds via his work vehicle. I would like to know whether it was the Covid shutdown that already had him up on the highwire and then he snapped. Having made the mistake of killing 2 people thinking that he was smart enough to escape the consequences. When you think about it it is truly amazing that VicPol have cracked it in the time frame they have done. Diligent comes to mind. I was interested that the Detective in the press conference stressed twice that the public and (the press). There is way more to this story.

The Police are going to be searching a specific area of the high country as stated in the press conference......So I would say it was well before then or maybe after he turned around at the gate. I don't think it will be that far from the camp site...within 10-20 km is my prediction. I would say that as this wasn't a premeditated crime (well only thought about for a max of an hour or 2 before it) that he would have disposed of them fairly quickly. Like why woulld he drive that far with them, just far enough to put the K9's off the trail.
I imagine he would have left camp with a good idea of where he was going, hikers, solo campers etc. keep in mind secluded and difficult to reach area to either get away from people or to avoid in future. Whatever distance this was from the camp, I reckon he was driving there with a plan in mind, I very much doubt he was driving in an aimless direction looking for a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case with GL, but there are killers that are motivated by anger.

They may kill more than once and the trigger is always rage.

Like mass murderers, anger-motivated serial killers seek control. They ruminate, feel mistreated, dwell on the past, and minimize their role while exaggerating blame.

Many mass murderers fail to digest life’s insults and thus allow rage to build. Similarly, some serial killers have tended these same hot embers. Some have described rage-fueled murder as a “red out.” They "see red," and lose themselves in it. They reportedly need to act and cannot hold back.

I would say the chances are very very slim. I don't think he will prove to be an episodic killer. I think this is a very sad case of him doing something really stupid when he lost his temper and then compounding it and compounding it again. If he was a murderous bastard he could have killed hundreds via his work vehicle. I would like to know whether it was the Covid shutdown that already had him up on the highwire and then he snapped. Having made the mistake of killing 2 people thinking that he was smart enough to escape the consequences. When you think about it it is truly amazing that VicPol have cracked it in the time frame they have done. Diligent comes to mind. I was interested that the Detective in the press conference stressed twice that the public and (the press). There is way more to this story.

Taking lives via his work “vehicle” would mean ending his.

Not saying either way as who knows but just saying a lot of episodic killers have red flags some which are showing here.

The vehicle has been sprayed before from white to blue? If there was an altercation and fists were thrown and someone was killed you would have to be pretty callous to then murder a defenseless lady.

If it was completely random wouldn’t you be panicking like hell and a high likelihood that you either leave something behind whether that’s DNA , evidence etc you would assume your mind would be racing a million miles an hour. Thinking what the hell will I do now? What if someone turns up and becomes another witness?

You only have to watch some of the documentaries that get around on streaming services these days to understand that some murderers are just your every day people that can be quite good at deceiving who they really are. Been plenty where the suspect has a thing for hunting people in remote locations.

Personally my view is if something traumatic like this happened that was an accident but then you escalated it further by removing the witness out of equation or if it was an accident like being run over etc I would be beside myself and there would be ZERO chance I ever go back to that location or anywhere even near it?

Last edited:

Not saying either way as who knows but just saying a lot of episodic killers have red flags some which are showing here.

The vehicle has been sprayed before from white to blue? If there was an altercation and fists were thrown and someone was killed you would have to be pretty callous to then murder a defenseless lady.

If it was completely random wouldn’t you be panicking like hell and a high likelihood that you either leave something behind whether that’s DNA , evidence etc you would assume your mind would be racing a million miles an hour. Thinking what the hell will I do now? What if someone turns up and becomes another witness?
True.
He would have been panicking but then he is a trained pilot....their training is to overcome panic especially in dire situations.
Equally they wouldn't lose it that easily.
As I posed before was he already on edge because of being stood down because of Covid.
I don't think it was fists btw.
Yes, the fact that the car was already resprayed before the last time is suss.

True.
He would have been panicking but then he is a trained pilot....their training is to overcome panic especially in dire situations.
Equally they wouldn't lose it that easily.
As I posed before was he already on edge because of being stood down because of Covid.
I don't think it was fists btw.
Yes, the fact that the car was already resprayed before the last time is suss.

To get into an altercation that isn’t a push and shove or worst case fist fight You would have to have some serious rage or potentially mental issues to go ahead and use some form of weapon to murder someone or multiple people???

You only have to watch some of the documentaries that get around on streaming services these days to understand that some murderers are just your every day people that can be quite good at deceiving who they really are. Been plenty where the suspect has a thing for hunting people in remote locations.

Personally my view is if something traumatic like this happened that was an accident but then you escalated it further by removing the witness out of equation or if it was an accident like being run over etc I would be beside myself and there would be ZERO chance I ever go back to that location or anywhere even near it?

Whereabouts serial killers love returning to the scene of the crime for kicks.

The charge is murder not manslaughter so the police must be confident in regards to evidence or some form of confession.

It will be interesting whether we ever hear the real story which I’m not sure we e we will? You would imagine if he is charged with murder in this case he becomes a suspect in the other potential disappearances and incidents around similar area?

The charge is murder not manslaughter so the police must be confident in regards to evidence or some form of confession.

It will be interesting whether we ever hear the real story which I’m not sure we e we will? You would imagine if he is charged with murder in this case he becomes a suspect in the other potential disappearances and incidents around similar area?
I was just running this through my head. I wonder if there was a confession to this effect or if it is a coercion tactic to get him to reveal more details.

I was just running this through my head. I wonder if there was a confession to this effect or if it is a coercion tactic to get him to reveal more details.

So hard to tell. It feels like a coercion tactic but again we really have no ******* idea why GL *allegedly* did what he did

That could be a very good reason why he doesn't want them to find the bodies for the story they might tell the forensic pathologist. If it's a good hiding spot, there might be others there as well.

Did we find out if he was connected to the shovels they found on Hotham? If they can connect him to the shovels, he might have stashes all over.

if any possiblity of there being a history of other unfortunates, a pre-prepared, favoured site would shorten the time frame for disposal.
and if the shovels are connected to this or any other matter, why two??
a spare?
one for an accomplice?
victims made to dig own grave?

imho

Could be that his GPS has all of his tracks logged going back. I'd back it in. If he uses an Android phone there's probably some Google location info available as well. Possibly has a few 'starred' places as well so may not have confessed.

Trailer now described as 7x5 "rusty silver/blue".
Everything changes colour in this story.

Hopefully someone comes forward confirming they purchased it.

Looks like another busy day tomorrow and in coming days, between court appearance(s), remand, search for bodies, etc

Surely trailer transaction shouldn't take long to surface either.

Back