Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Could be that his GPS has all of his tracks logged going back. I'd back it in. If he uses an Android phone there's probably some Google location info available as well. Possibly has a few 'starred' places as well so may not have confessed.

He's a pilot, wouldn't he know to turn all his off and if he has to use GPS or maps use his victim's?

The charge is murder not manslaughter so the police must be confident in regards to evidence or some form of confession.

It will be interesting whether we ever hear the real story which I’m not sure we e we will? You would imagine if he is charged with murder in this case he becomes a suspect in the other potential disappearances and incidents around similar area?

If he can be traced to those areas when it happened yes.

Absolutely stunned that it is two counts of murder. How does a 20 year airline pilot end up murdering 2 totally unconnected and random elderly couple? Especially out in the middle of nowhere. I envisaged an accidental death of one of the couple and maybe a murder of the second to cover it up.

He's a pilot, wouldn't he know to turn all his off and if he has to use GPS or maps use his victim's?
No doubt he could turn them off if he wanted but that would partly defeat the purpose of a GPS. I'd suspect most people that go bush keep a log via their GPS and phone. I do.

if any possiblity of there being a history of other unfortunates, a pre-prepared, favoured site would shorten the time frame for disposal.
and if the shovels are connected to this or any other matter, why two??
a spare?
one for an accomplice?
victims made to dig own grave?

imho
Jeepers

They'll probably offer her a decent payout to leave if she wants to. Or cut and colour her hair, most wouldn't even know who she was.

It might be tougher for his kids, it looks like they still have to finish high school.

Maybe a change to beige colour hair?

So hard to tell. It feels like a coercion tactic but again we really have no ******* idea why GL *allegedly* did what he did

Police would I assume be extremely hesitant to charge someone with the highest charge possible in an effort to coerce them into a confession. Lawyers could have a field day on him feeling pressured to confess something he hadn't done. Also need to keep in mind the double jeopardy laws - if they can't make the charges stick and they find further evidence, he can't be done for murder again.

No doubt he could turn them off if he wanted but that would partly defeat the purpose of a GPS. I'd suspect most people that go bush keep a log via their GPS and phone. I do.

You're not a killer trying not to get caught after murdering two people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not a killer trying not to get caught after murdering two people.
This guy kept the same car with the black PVC pipe on top. His GPS will have routes, waypoints, breadcrumbs and stars all over the place I'm betting.

PS. His car has that rear fender body kit front piece missing just like the Patrol in the pics pics posted by Jamie007 earlier.

I know many people who knew Lisa, I really hope they open her case again as a result of this.

While I don't necessarily think it's related to this, I'd love to see the Nils Becker case looked into again. I've never bought that case being just a missing person

A few hypothetical options here:-
  • Lynn is hiding in the bush waiting for deer to come past and shoot.Hill & Clay are mistaken for deer and accidentally shot dead.
  • Hill & Clay are camping, hear gunshots or a drone or some disturbance and go and confront Lynn for shooting close to them / flying a drone. Lynn snaps and murders Hill & Clay.
  • Hill & Clay are asleep in their tent, Lynn is driving along and somehow runs over their tent. He panics, puts the bodies in the trailer and burns the tent. Disposes of bodies at another remote location.
  • Hill & Clay are bushwalking nearby their tent and discover Lynn with some sort of illegal cache (eg drugs or explosives or weapons). Lynn doesn’t want to get in trouble with police and forever silences Hill & Clay.
  • Hill & Clay were in the wrong place at the wrong time and Lynn has previous form for Murder but not yet been caught.
  • or any number of other bizarre reasons

While I don't necessarily think it's related to this, I'd love to see the Nils Becker case looked into again. I've never bought that case being just a missing person

Same. And that man Conrad, whose little white car was found parked on the side of the road near Bulla in similar circumstances to Russell's in that it was locked and wallet/purse inside. The man had simply vanished and left his car on the side of the road.

You're a car person, I'm not. Does the Nissan wagon model he was driving come with factory GPS? Or did they start doing that in the later models?

No factory GPS back in 97 obviously. But could have fitted aftermarket head unit. Or google maps on phone saves breadcrumbs even when out of mobile range.

This guy kept the same car with the black PVC pipe on top. His GPS will have routes, waypoints, breadcrumbs and stars all over the place I'm betting.

PS. His car has that rear fender body kit front piece missing just like the Patrol in the pics pics posted by Jamie007 earlier.
I hear what you are saying but I reckon a bloke of his vintage and experience with the area wouldn't necessarily be tracking.The tracks in and out of the Gatta are few and easy to follow. He's probably been through there dozens of times, I don't use maps in that area and Im much younger than him
edit: although if his exit via the north put him onto major roads he needed navigation from and which contradicted his initial interview with the cops...

Last edited:
Same. And that man Conrad, whose little white car was found parked on the side of the road near Bulla in similar circumstances to Russell's in that it was locked and wallet/purse inside. The man had simply vanished and left his car on the side of the road.

That one always felt like suicide /mental breakdown. But who the hell knows

You're a car person, I'm not. Does the Nissan wagon model he was driving come with factory GPS? Or did they start doing that in the later models?
As stated above but most bushies will have an aftermarket unit.

Absolutely stunned that it is two counts of murder. How does a 20 year airline pilot end up murdering 2 totally unconnected and random elderly couple? Especially out in the middle of nowhere. I envisaged an accidental death of one of the couple and maybe a murder of the second to cover it up.
Yeah, suggests it was premeditated. Wipes out many theories.

Maybe had an argument earlier in the day, stews on it, then ambushes them in tent?

In any case, horrifying.

Back