Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Yeah, suggests it was premeditated. Wipes out many theories.

Maybe had an argument earlier in the day, stews on it, then ambushes them in tent?

In any case, horrifying.

Must have been an argument after 6.30 radio call and campsite setup. Hill & Clay werent there earlier in the day. Like some said, a possible argument over the drone. He snaps because he is seeing the aviation industry turn to s**t in front of his eyes.

There were other people and their cars in the area besides the accused and his victims. What made the cops hone in on outwardly upstanding citizen G Lynn?

Perhaps a rage killing. Perhaps assisted by alcohol or drugs.

As for the bodies, I think it sounds like he’s cooperating but after this long they couldn’t be too confident of finding them. He may not be too confident himself of where he left them. Add a long period of time, wild animals etc, they might have some idea where he left them but that doesn’t mean they’ll find them.

Yeah, suggests it was premeditated. Wipes out many theories.

Maybe had an argument earlier in the day, stews on it, then ambushes them in tent?

In any case, horrifying.
This is where the timing is suspicious, either it happened early and he waited until late to leave or it happened late at night, which makes me think, what we're two folk 70+ doing out of bed that late to cause an argument?
As sick as it is to think about it makes me think he had waited untill late, took his opportunity, then took phones, drones incase they held evidence, then burnt up the rest.

Dispute over the drone buzzing around is my guess.
Imagine being a guy who sits meters away from the whirring sound of a couple of jet engines all day for a crust and who decides to hit the high country on the weekend for a bit of quiet time only to have that serenity disrupted with the sound of a drone whizzing overhead.
Would explain why the drone was never found and why that activity made them a target.

This is where the timing is suspicious, either it happened early and he waited until late to leave or it happened late at night, which makes me think, what we're two folk 70+ doing out of bed that late to cause an argument?
As sick as it is to think about it makes me think he had waited untill late, took his opportunity, then took phones, drones incase they held evidence, then burnt up the rest.

the unused port-a-loo suggests events likely unfolded before settling down for the night ... somewhere between the radio call and bedtime.

imho

Uh-oh. If police come out and say a different coloured Patrol was in the vicinity each time one of the other 'disappearances' from this article occurred, Kurve needs to go back to Google street view and post more photos!

LOL

4wd3.jpg 4wd1.png 4wd2.png

Dispute over the drone buzzing around is my guess.
Imagine being a guy who sits meters away from the whirring sound of a couple of jet engines all day for a crust and who decides to hit the high country on the weekend for a bit of quiet time only to have that serenity disrupted with the sound of a drone whizzing overhead.
Would explain why the drone was never found and why that activity made them a target.
Yeah, my theory is that the drone caught and filmed him doing something illegal, he goes and asks the old guy to hand it over or delete the footage - he refuses and tells him to get ****ed, he’s shot, then so is the woman in an attempt to cover it up.

He comes across as an injustice collector. Can't let go of someone who, in his mind, wrongs him. He has to make a statement every time someone does the smallest thing to him. Smart enough to fly a plane yet impulsive enough to get into a rage at the smallest thing. I bet you anything his family, workmates and friends walk on eggshells whenever they have been in his presence as a result. Unfortunately I believe he has killed in rage before. Hopefully detectives can crack him open further and solve a few other missing person cases as a result now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, Hill and Clay had only just got there and set up camp, when “it” happened.
So the accused potentially had up to 3-4 hours before he left around midnight? That's a lot of time spent removing evidence and planning next moves. Shows a lot of composure to not panic and leave, but rather wait for the "right" time to start the fire, and leave.

So the accused potentially had up to 3-4 hours before he left around midnight? That's a lot of time spent removing evidence and planning next moves. Shows a lot of composure to not panic and leave, but rather wait for the "right" time to start the fire, and leave.
Also shows how isolated the place is. Not somewhere I’d like to be, prefer a few other people around. It would be spooky out there all alone.

The place where Lynn was arrested was similar.

reposting from the first anniversary

4 people disappeared without trace in victorian mountains
5b334fde46d0dd2ad8e70a487bf71ba1.jpg

imho

Wow nice find what's the date on this Steetview?

One of the media sites had all 3 images up yesterday side by side, after Kurve posted the earlier one with just dark blue and beige. So he bought it white and resprayed it twice. Or possibly more?! There's either going to be a relatively straightforward explanation for why he killed them... or he's some sort of high country serial killer!

From memory there is a Patrol in the background of a photo at Cheviot Beach in Dec 1967, with a toddler in the driver's seat wearing a pilot's cap!

The Daily Fail offers up footage of GL discussing the CCTV of a neighbour last weekend.
Is he figuring out what's in view and whether it works...just btw?

Also shows how isolated the place is. Not somewhere I’d like to be, prefer a few other people around. It would be spooky out there all alone.

The place where Lynn was arrested was similar.
Nah it's not that scary! Peaceful as a graveyard in fact....haha nah it's fine after a trip or two on your own, at first its a bit awkward but I would probably do 5-6 solo trips a year now, as do a lot of my mates. I've camped up all through the Howitt area on my own, but admit I much prefer midweek when it's quieter.
It's even better to pack-in deep into the bush off-trail and setup a base camp, feels like there is no one else in the world!

reposting from the first anniversary

4 people disappeared without trace in victorian mountains
5b334fde46d0dd2ad8e70a487bf71ba1.jpg

imho
It is a long shot to suggest he was involved in any other disappearances but they now have his DNA!!

The Daily Fail offers up footage of GL discussing the CCTV of a neighbour last weekend.
Is he figuring out what's in view and whether it works...just btw?

It was the neighbor who brought it up and it was the neighbors footage.

Back