Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Lynn faced court via video link this morning. Did not apply for bail. Remanded in custody until next appearance in May.

Unlikely to win bail facing murder charges but still. I wonder if his lawyer told him don’t bother to apply or whetherhe outright instructed his lawyer not to apply for bail.
0 chance of bail on a double murder charge

Really heavy shale (in the hills) and cobble (in the valleys) all throughoht that area, digging a substantial hole with any depth would be extremely difficult.
Almost no black soil up there, unless youre on the peaty plains.
Source: I poop a lot in the bush🤣

Cheers, obviously I don't know the area, my only expertise is in burying (animal) carcasses. Also happy to have left my pooping outdoors (camping) days back in my youth!

So he did tell them where and apparently they are buried.

Daily Fail article;
"
Victorian Police Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill said police had been provided 'specific' information as to where to find the burial site within the Great Alpine region.

But even with detailed information on a burial site, police have said it will take days to prepare for the dig in what is some of the most rugged terrain on the planet.

It is understood detectives only received the information on the likely location on Thursday morning, with police making a preliminary scout of the rugged terrain. "

So why don't they take him with them and get him to show them exactly where the bodies are? If he's presumably made admissions and given them the information, it might be quicker if he took them to the location.

Really heavy shale (in the hills) and cobble (in the valleys) all throughoht that area, digging a substantial hole with any depth would be extremely difficult.
Almost no black soil up there, unless youre on the peaty plains.
Sorry, can't help posting this, it reminded me

Koala.jpeg

So why don't they take him with them and get him to show them exactly where the bodies are? If he's presumably made admissions and given them the information, it might be quicker if he took them to the location.

This happened with Bayley but before he had been publicly arrested / charged. It would be an absolute media circus in the bush if they took him out there and it would be virtually impossible to do it in secret.

This happened with Bayley but before he had been publicly arrested / charged. It would be an absolute media circus in the bush if they took him out there and it would be virtually impossible to do it in secret.
Not unprecedented though. The took Brent Mack out twice (that I'm aware of) to the hills to look for his mum's body (even though it was buried at their home).

Not unprecedented though. The took Brent Mack out twice (that I'm aware of) to the hills to look for his mum's body (even though it was buried at their home).

I imagine they could do the job just as easily live streaming video to Lynn's cell and have him guiding searchers over videolink via satellite internet connection (there's obviously no 3/4/5g out there).

No real need to wheel him out there.

He comes across as an injustice collector. Can't let go of someone who, in his mind, wrongs him. He has to make a statement every time someone does the smallest thing to him. Smart enough to fly a plane yet impulsive enough to get into a rage at the smallest thing. I bet you anything his family, workmates and friends walk on eggshells whenever they have been in his presence as a result. Unfortunately I believe he has killed in rage before. Hopefully detectives can crack him open further and solve a few other missing person cases as a result now.

Yes according to the aviation forums a couple of people who knew him painted a similar picture. He was stood down from Qantas for personality issues. I wonder if he has confessed or not? I wonder if he divulged the general area where the bodies could be? He has high profile legal representation so has he denied the allegations? Police announce charges after 72 Hours of being held and interrogation could he have admitted guilt? Is he arguing self defense? The Drone theory is a good one. They believe Lynn was camping in the prime spot on the River and so Hill had to choose another area. There's no doubt an argument broke out I suspect it was still daylight after the 6pm radio sked in March and Hill could have been flying the drone as it has not been located to date? Was it a noise issue argument?

I stepped off the Buckland Spur track to pee behind a tree, dropped my pants and I heard a loud rustle in the undergrowth, at the same time thinking 'oh fk ...' looked down and I was almost right on top of a snake.

Bit more careful now about where I go in the bush. It would have been really embarrassing requiring first aid being bitten on the bum by a snake.

I imagine they could do the job just as easily live streaming video to Lynn's cell and have him guiding searchers over videolink via satellite internet connection (there's obviously no 3/4/5g out there).

If it's anything like the quality of the Teams meetings we are all now forced to endure I suggest they shackle him up and take him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also wouldn’t surprised if they didn’t press him to do it if he said he wasn’t up to it. Some people would probably rather not face up to it, and given the length of the interrogation and several references to the state he has been in they might have just left it.

Yes according to the aviation forums a couple of people who knew him painted a similar picture. He was stood down from Qantas for personality issues. I wonder if he has confessed or not? I wonder if he divulged the general area where the bodies could be? He has high profile legal representation so has he denied the allegations? Police announce charges after 72 Hours of being held and interrogation could he have admitted guilt? Is he arguing self defense? The Drone theory is a good one. They believe Lynn was camping in the prime spot on the River and so Hill had to choose another area. There's no doubt an argument broke out I suspect it was still daylight after the 6pm radio sked in March and Hill could have been flying the drone as it has not been located to date? Was it a noise issue argument?
First in best dressed in the bush. Place big enough to find many isolated good spots you would think.

Couldn't be too far off a track, he is not the biggest bloke and it would take considerable effort to move the bodies. But with a likely location shouldn't be too long before remains are found at least which gives closure to the families.

It sounds like there has been a full admission which spares the family a pain of being dragged through a trial.

He has high profile legal representation so sounds like there will be a considerable trial? Or is this just par for the course given the nature of the charges?

If it's anything like the quality of the Teams meetings we are all now forced to endure I suggest they shackle him up and take him.

Ha ha the coppers will have the very best gear. Video links are pretty much possible anywhere in the world now these days as long as you have line of site to at least 3 satellites (to establish a precise location). The only limitation is $$$ which will not be an issue for the coppers.

He has high profile legal representation so sounds like there will be a considerable trial? Or is this just par for the course given the nature of the charges?
Anyone charged with a crime this serious will get lawyers, and those with a bit of dough will tend to engage lawyers with greater profile, but it’s probably a loss mitigation exercise now.

If he’s led them to the bodies he’s certainly not going to be pleading not guilty to all charges.

They might be able to negotiate on the charges and the plea will be critical. You’d comfortably pay $100,000+ if it meant a couple of years of freedom.

Daily Trash 4hrs ago:

The ex-wife of a Jetstar pilot who has been charged with murdering two elderly campers died of a drug overdose after her husband left her for another woman.

Lisa Lynn had consumed a large amount of pills and vodka - despite being a non-drinker - when she was found dead at her Mount Macedon home, 64 kilometres north-west of Victoria, in 1999.

Close friends claim the woman had spiralled downwards after she was left by her partner Greg Lynn.

'I have never seen anyone adore a husband the way Lisa adored Greg,' a friend told Herald Sun.

'She used to call him 'my darling'. She was completely heartbroken when he left. She wanted him back but he left her for another woman.'

Last edited:
Anyone charged with a crime this serious will get lawyers, and those with a bit of dough will tend to engage lawyers with greater profile, but it’s probably a loss mitigation exercise now.

If he’s led them to the bodies he’s certainly not going to be pleading not guilty to all charges.

They might be able to negotiate on the charges and the plea will be critical. You’d comfortably pay $100,000+ if it meant a couple of years of freedom.

Yeah the circumstances will be interesting. Murder charge straight up seems to bypass any manslaughter plea, but any legal eagles on here would know better than me? I'm just wondering, like others, if he was the initial aggressor/instigator of any confrontation, and if/how it escalated. Also, if he has burnt the tent and depending on the condition of any bodies, how much can he manipulate his story based on the remaining evidence to suit his own narrative, and potentially ameliorate the length of his sentence?

Edit: what I'm trying to say is - those CSI type shows often say the investigators use the evidence to give a voice to victims, but depending to what degree he has destroyed some evidence, his story may negate the voice of his victims to some degree, so he may be able to control part of the narrative to suit his own ends.

Yeah the circumstances will be interesting. Murder charge straight up seems to bypass any manslaughter plea, but any legal eagles on here would know better than me? I'm just wondering, like others, if he was the initial aggressor/instigator of any confrontation, and if/how it escalated. Also, if he has burnt the tent and depending on the condition of any bodies, how much can he manipulate his story based on the remaining evidence to suit his own narrative, and potentially ameliorate the length of his sentence?

I'd say he's probably already told police how they died given that he has told them the location of the bodies knowing that when examined, an autopsy would discover the truth anyway.

Last edited:

Wouldn't his assets get frozen? Im sure his missus wouldn't appreciate hundreds of thousands of their money being wasted on trying to reduce his sentence.

The only way to stop that would be to file for divorce which often happens when a partner is likely going to jail fot a long time.

I'd say he's probably already told police how they died given that he has told them the location of the bodies knowing that when found, an autopsy would discover the truth anyway.

Agree, he can't probably dispute how they died, but he can possibly manipulate the narrative about why they died, and what led up to it. I'm just wondering if any advantage he gets there might work in his favour to lessen his sentence.

Back