Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Someone else might be able to find this better than me but there doesn't seem to be mobile service up that track. What could have pinged him there?

Hema maps device saved his trips to the actual device. They recover his trip for Friday night March 2020, go straight to the spot he stopped for 2 hours.

Okay, so while the cops had him under covert surveillance they couldn't access his GPS history?

Maybe they accessed it on the device after they arrested him.

Could have tracked him also using GPS if they covertly put a device on/in his car. Possible explanation with the media pressure campaign the police initiated in the last few weeks to trigger a reaction from him. Maybe he did pay them a visit.

Someone else might be able to find this better than me but there doesn't seem to be mobile service up that track. What could have pinged him there?

he may have been identified as being seen in that specific area, at some stage, by someone who recognised him after the arrest.
or there may have been photos of past camping activity on his phone, such as campsites, hikes, scenery, other people and their vehicles ... all of which would have been avenues worthy of consideration had investigators in fact been looking for a needle in a haystack.

imho

The police found remains on the second day of the search area, so there’s no doubt they knew where to look. Ergo, Lynn has confessed and revealed where he put them.

I’m sticking to my theory that he ran over them in their tent after an altercation over the drone. Perhaps he actually didn’t know they were inside, couldn’t see them, thought they’d gone for a walk, just intended to damage their camp. Then when he realised, it was panic stations. Destroy the evidence, get rid of the bodies.

I don’t think he shot them, others have said shots would have been heard. I also don’t think he killed each of them physically, that would have taken time and a cold-blooded attack on a woman.

There was no reason to burn the tent unless there was blood and destruction inside - otherwise it could just be assumed they’d wandered off and got lost.

We’re going to have to wait six months to hear the story 🙁

I think you are on the money here. No reason to burn the tent unless sonething happened in the tent.

What’s this hema mapping device your talking about?

On one of his social media devices there was a video of him crossing a river in his Patrol back in Jan this year. You can see a mapping device installed on his cars dashboard. It could be that device that lead the copppers to the burial site.

I saw this but he's also a pilot, wouldn't he know to turn his GPS off?

You can always use GPS on your mobile device regardless of an internet or cellular connection. As long as you have a charged smartphone with you, you can find your way around remote areas and foreign landscapes. GPS tracking on your phone works just as well without internet connectivity or cellular service.23 Sept 2021
Does GPS Work Without Data? Find Out More Today | onX Hunt
We've been through that. Don't forget that he's probably not an experienced killer and probably also doesn't get tips from forums like these as to what you need to do to avoid being caught.

We've been through that. Don't forget that he's probably not an experienced killer and probably also doesn't get tips from forums like these as to what you need to do to avoid being caught.
Also after what happened his mind wouldn't be in a clear space, we have the benefit of hindsight, everybody is an expert after the fact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree in the main except for the part of him being 'an experienced killer'....he probably has killed before. If the private messages from someone who knew his first wife that I have been party to are correct then this is not his first time at the rodeo.

the cops always start with murder then downgrade it

I agree they’re going to have to prove intent. I don’t think a jury is going to buy an accident when his post offence behaviour is to burn the victims campsite down and bury their bodies elsewhere. That’s going to be an aggravating factor.

Its going to be one for the ages explaining it was accident with those facts.

Yep, when we go to Barmah we have a favorite spot but it is often taken. We never crowd them in, just move on, place big enough. Strange thing is that valley is 100 times bigger than Barmah there must be 1000s of great spots.

Agreed, we have never had a bad encounter with other campers. Only time that put the wind up me was when a 4WD with full spotties visited at 1 in the morning, we were still around campfire. Turns out he was just looking for lost dog.
"Oh yeh have you seen my lost dog mate, his name is Bambi"

He'll also have either a Garmin or an Apple watch. IMO.

I agree they’re going to have to prove intent. I don’t think a jury is going to buy an accident when his post offence behaviour is to burn the victims campsite down and bury their bodies elsewhere. That’s going to be an aggravating factor.

Add to that his post incident behavoir of denying he saw them when first interviewed & re-spraying the 4Wd.

For all our sleuthing, theorising and mucking around here, I for one am truly thankful that they have found them for their families sake.
I know it is cold comfort but better than not knowing like the Spiers family.
My Mum who's well into her 80's and was born in Sale, is really upset that her childhood camping areas have been so defiled and that the great Australian way of camping in the bush would be so unsafe.

lucky he has all this time to come up with a bullshit story and the only witness is himself

But we’ll know what to do, won’t we 🤨😉

Back