Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Very interesting. The commital hearing set for end May is why I think he hasn't cooperated.

He faced court and was formally charged on 26th November, moved to Melbourne the same day. They didn't find the bodies until the 29th.

yeah the committal really is just the process to get a ruling on what evidence is in or out. Seems pretty clear there’s enough evidence to proceed to a trial. He’s up against it.

yeah the committal really is just the process to get a ruling on what evidence is in or out. Seems pretty clear there’s enough evidence to proceed to a trial. He’s up against it.

Yep but why bother with a committal that can sometimes go for weeks if he's put his hand up for it?

That radio/pod Andrew Rule did back in May 2020 where it was suggested a serial killer was operating in the High Country has been removed.

Andrew Rule on the mystery Button Man in Victoria's High Country - The Hot Breakfast - Omny.fm

omny.fm
omny.fm

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
His lawyer is Chris McLennan as reported in The Age

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks, I found The Age article which is paywalled but found another in The Guardian with a mention. :thumbsu:

26th November, 2021.

Police requested until mid-April 2022 to build their brief of evidence against Lynn, who was arrested on Monday night at a remote campsite in Gippsland.

“The dates are probably elongated because it’s a fairly substantial investigation,” his lawyer, Chris McLennan, told the court via video link.

McLennan told the court there were no custody management issues. The case is due to return to court in Sale in late May.

Victoria police assistant commissioner Bob Hill said on Thursday night that investigators had allegedly discovered a crime scene within the great alpine region.

“We’ve located a specific area and we will be establishing a search perimeter in the coming days and we are hopeful we will locate the remains of Mr Hill and Ms Clay,” he told reporters in Melbourne.

Wombot

Senior List
Mar 3, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Maybe he’ll claim that he was in a fight with the bloke and the lady tried to break it up and her head intercepted a fist which ended her.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Nope, faik we haven't seen a mention anywhere of who his legal representation might be.

I'm told its the lawyer that also represents Richard Pusey the Porsche driver involved in the Eastern Freeway death of 4 police officers.
Chris McLennan is his name & he is a well respected defence lawyer.

Edit: my mistake, missed your earlier post.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Maybe he’ll claim that he was in a fight with the bloke and the lady tried to break it up and her head intercepted a fist which ended her.

Even if that actually happened he will be getting charged for obstruction of justice by not reporting the deaths immediately to authorities irrespective of how their deaths occurred. And theres surely a charge for burning / burying of bodies regardless of who killed them.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
View attachment 1303659

Another GU blue Patrol in the GL configuration encountered on todays travels. Seem to be noticing them all the time lol.

I'd let the cops know anyway, there's a fair chance blue GU Patrol is the vehicle of choice for all high country pilot serial killers, so best to get them all off the roads, just in case. 🙂
And if you spot a beige one, I'd be even more concerned! 😲

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I'd let the cops know anyway, there's a fair chance blue GU Patrol is the vehicle of choice for all high country pilot serial killers, so best to get them all off the roads, just in case. 🙂
And if you spot a beige one, I'd be even more concerned! 😲

When I spotted one while camping at Big River I made sure my son wasn't flying the drone lol.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
It can happen...

Yeah, I saw that, thankfully no one seriously hurt.
(Edit: missed the reference to internal injuries, I read the ABC story online, hopefully all are OK, but my point below still stands.)
Sounds more like a d1ckhead than malicious intent though, he's lucky the outcome wasn't worse.

In your scenario re RH and CC, this incident indicates even if GL did drive into the tent, there's no guarantee he'd kill, or even seriously injure, one or both.

Yeah, I saw that, thankfully no one seriously hurt.
(Edit: missed the reference to internal injuries, I read the ABC story online, hopefully all are OK, but my point below still stands.)
Sounds more like a d1ckhead than malicious intent though, he's lucky the outcome wasn't worse.

In your scenario re RH and CC, this incident indicates even if GL did drive into the tent, there's no guarantee he'd kill, or even seriously injure, one or both.
That’s right. So maybe it wasn’t intended to kill, just frighten. Maybe he thought they were off somewhere else at the time. And got just a bit of a shock when he heard a scream, or checked the damage.

This couple were in a swag.

An Australia Day paddock party, a reunion for a group of 19-year-old school friends before they went their separate ways, to university and work.

But something went very wrong.

By sunrise, two young people were dying, their families and friends devastated and a community was in shock.

At around 4:45am, a 17-year-old reversed his ute and ran over two sleeping teenagers, sharing a swag on the ground next to a stockyard fence. It was an accident, but the driver responsible had broken the law. He didn't have a licence and had been drinking throughout the night.

Edit: A few years ago

That’s right. So maybe it wasn’t intended to kill, just frighten. Maybe he thought they were off somewhere else at the time. And got just a bit of a shock when he heard a scream, or checked the damage.

He might try to spin some kind of accident defence but after what we know he did to them? I don't think anybody would buy it.

giphy (41).gif

Back