Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Lady O

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
That article is a perfect examplar for the deterioration in the numbers and quality of sub-editors in this country. Some of the punctuation and grammar made my eyes hurt!
I read an article recently from this source about a local matter and it was actually hilarious. It was obvious it was transcribed from a voice report from someone whose first language was not English.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
That article is a perfect examplar for the deterioration in the numbers and quality of sub-editors in this country. Some of the punctuation and grammar made my eyes hurt!
Yeah, almost like it hasn't been proof read.

Loved this line "The man accused of murdering campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay is reportedly experiencing a “baptism by fire” while acclimatizing to life behind a bar detained in remand"

So is he serving :beercheers::cocktail::wineglass:while awaiting trial?

Loved this line "The man accused of murdering campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay is reportedly experiencing a “baptism by fire” while acclimatizing to life behind a bar detained in remand"

He is in the MAP until trial. It’s not meant to be a holiday camp, but apart from being isolated he’s probably being treated quite well.

Irma

Spectator
Dec 2, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn

well to be honest, “life behind a bar“ isn’t all cocktails and Tom Cruise, but I wouldn’t mind seeing his drinks menu.. Aviation? Hanky-Panky? Perfect Storm? Death In The Afternoon? Last Word? Corpse Reviver? And today’s special… Stay Out of the Forest. (Sorry, I know I’m awful, but in my defence they *are* all legit cocktails ☺️)

Badd0g

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Have just returned from our High Country trip and although we didn't make it down into the valley (mate w 4wd pulled out and my XV isn't up to ZS track) we did chat with a few locals. Local word is that an argument over campsite location occurred and bodies were not intact when they were burnt at GHA :( One sick puppy.

Have just returned from our High Country trip and although we didn't make it down into the valley (mate w 4wd pulled out and my XV isn't up to ZS track) we did chat with a few locals. Local word is that an argument over campsite location occurred and bodies were not intact when they were burnt at GHA :( One sick puppy.

Not sure I understand what his motivation for doing that would be unless to make them smaller and easier to handle. How awful, particularly for their families.

Were all their bones found and is there any indication he was returning to the site do you know?

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did you find a drone by any chance? Asking for a 'friend'...

Badd0g

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure I understand what his motivation for doing that would be unless to make them smaller and easier to handle. How awful, particularly for their families.

Were all their bones found and is there any indication he was returning to the site do you know?
I'm not sure but can only assume the same as you.
Dont have any further details but it possible to get from where the arrest was made to GHA without too much trouble in a well equipped 4wd.

Badd0g

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Did you find a drone by any chance? Asking for a 'friend'...
No... However my friend who was hiking trails north of the site did find a random chainsaw on the track this past weekend. Did send a bit of shiver down my spine when I saw the photo. Well off the suggested route of the accused though.

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

So he cut them up in the tent? And then burnt the tent to hide the blood ?

Badd0g

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
No info on where that occurred - whether at WS or GHA. Plausible at WS though... While a couple of gunshots would be remembered IMO there's always the dulcet tones of chainsaws echoing through the hills. Wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

Pies1990

Senior List
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Makes sense he could’ve burnt the tent, and the chairs had they been sitting on them if he were to shoot them, and hastily burn the tent to try to conceal evidence. I wonder if they managed to get any DNA off the tent/contents material? From memory the tent remains weren’t burned fully and no doubt once lit he would’ve left quickly.

Must have an extremely short fuse and a major screw loose to lose your s$&t over camp sites. There’s a lot of room to camp at that place

Chopping up involves a lot of blood, between the two of them nearly 10 litres. It's too much, unless the police are holding back on what they found at the tent site and/or in his car I'm thinking he needs water, and a lot of it in the least to clean himself up afterwards. There might be another crime scene down near the river.

Pies1990

Senior List
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Chopping up involves a lot of blood, between the two of them nearly 10 litres. It's too much, unless the police are holding back on what they found at the tent site and/or in his car I'm thinking he needs water, and a lot of it in the least to clean himself up afterwards. There might be another crime scene down near the river.

Very good point. If he’d meddled with the bodies at the campsite, it’d leave a pretty big mess, and potentially a higher risk of him being caught. The river would’ve been potentially used to clean up or he even did it right at the river.
Alternatively, if he did cut bodies up elsewhere, he’d have no way of cleaning up properly, unless he potentially used clothing and burnt them too

Badd0g

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Bear in mind that complete exanguination requires a beating heart. There'd still be a lot of blood but not their whole volume.
I think that occurring at WS is less likely than at GHA. Sure it would have made transport easier, but a whole lot messier too.

Bear in mind that complete exanguination requires a beating heart. There'd still be a lot of blood but not their whole volume.
I think that occurring at WS is less likely than at GHA. Sure it would have made transport easier, but a whole lot messier too.

While I understand there might be very little blood if they were shot in the head for example and died immediately, there's twice the mess.

Anyhoo, the mind boggles keep coming. It's possibly the most surprising we've covered on this board.

I think the surprises will keep coming!

giphy (42).gif

Like the locals would have any idea, classic bush telegraph, I heard he drained the bodies and drunk their blood…

We should brace ourselves for the worst .. he seems to be shaping up as a narc raging, homicidal maniac with a history of evading accountability. Capable of just about anything.

Back