Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Based on that he is one sick puppy. You also mentioned an argument over campsite location? If Lynn was already in the best spot then was he whinging that they setup too close to him? I can't think of any other motive re campsite altercation? You wonder how this sort of detail managed to get into the hands of a local?
That was, without asking directly, the impression that I got - there was an intention made to camp in what was perceived to be too close a location, given that there is acres of space out there. It doesn't sit completely well with me due to some conflicts of previous assumptions and what we know about RHs camping background.

Any experienced camper knows it's not etiquette to camp right on top of someone else where there is a choice, however, we have heard that RH was quite possessive of the area and could well have decided it was his haunt and he could bloody well camp where he liked. If that scenario ensued, I can imagine that CC would have attempted to defuse the situation, leading them to camp well back from the river (as we know they did). If GL's fuse was already lit by that encounter, a drone subsequently flying over quite possibly could have tipped him over the edge. IMO of course

Any experienced camper knows it's not etiquette to camp right on top of someone else where there is a choice, however, we have heard that RH was quite possessive of the area and could well have decided it was his haunt and he could bloody well camp where he liked. If that scenario ensued, I can imagine that CC would have attempted to defuse the situation, leading them to camp well back from the river (as we know they did). If GL's fuse was already lit by that encounter, a drone subsequently flying over quite possibly could have tipped him over the edge. IMO of course

Do you know if they could have seen each other from their campsites?

Do you know if they could have seen each other from their campsites?

Yes I believe in the 60 minute show Stamper points to Hill & Clay's campsite from where it is believed Lynn camped. I think from memory BadDog said it might have been around 80 meters? That is close I would have thought if you had an entire area to choose from. If that's the case I'd love to know if Lynn told them to move and Hill refused?

Yes I believe in the 60 minute show Stamper points to Hill & Clay's campsite from where it is believed Lynn camped. I think from memory BadDog said it might have been around 80 meters? That is close I would have thought if you had an entire area to choose from. If that's the case I'd love to know if Lynn told them to move and Hill refused?

Yeh I knew it was close and within shouting distance. Just not sure by looking at the picture of Russell and Carol's campsite if the opening to their tent and where they might sit around outside of, had a direct line of sight to where GL was.

Any number of reasons for a dispute. RH wanting prime campsite. GL being triggered over RH flying drone above his camp site.

GL & RH may have had a chat, cordial at the start. Then got aggressive over RH disclosing he was having an affair.

A Toyota vs Nissan discussion getting overheated.

None of the above would normally lead to an elderly couple being killed though one would imagine. I

None of the above would normally lead to an elderly couple being killed though one would imagine. I
One punch can kill. It may have been as simple as the lads getting into a barney, the old fella copping one in the 'sweet spot', and the old lady having a heart attack. GL panics and tries to cover up everything so he's not caught.

Unless he spills the beans we'll never know for sure.

A bit of a different angle inspired a bit by the unbelievable nature of what has transpired in the Cleo Smith case but maybe we need to ask ourselves why does GL have to have had a motive that we understand?

There's been plenty of examples of discussion around his mental health, he could well have been smack back in the middle of a manic episode and paranoid that RH and CC were spying on him etc or he could have been hallucinating that they were wild animals or something.

Manic episodes make people do things someone of sound mental health can't comprehend. The whole timing of the trip and running off to camp on his own certainly lends to this theory as well as the double murder charger meaning it was not an accident.

A bit of a different angle inspired a bit by the unbelievable nature of what has transpired in the Cleo Smith case but maybe we need to ask ourselves why does GL have to have had a motive that we understand?

There's been plenty of examples of discussion around his mental health, he could well have been smack back in the middle of a manic episode and paranoid that RH and CC were spying on him etc or he could have been hallucinating that they were wild animals or something.

Manic episodes make people do things someone of sound mental health can't comprehend. The whole timing of the trip and running off to camp on his own certainly lends to this theory as well as the double murder charger meaning it was not an accident.
Reckless endangerment? (My theory again, hehe.) "Reckless endangerment is a crime, whereby a person behaves in a reckless manner which creates a substantial risk of a serious physical injury to another individual. ... The individual's action must also exceed negligent or accidental conduct, posing a risk of harm that is itself unreasonable."

Running over the tent... :grimacing:

Reckless endangerment? (My theory again, hehe.) "Reckless endangerment is a crime, whereby a person behaves in a reckless manner which creates a substantial risk of a serious physical injury to another individual. ... The individual's action must also exceed negligent or accidental conduct, posing a risk of harm that is itself unreasonable."

Running over the tent... :grimacing:

Maybe he reversed his trailer over the tent, and that's why he had to sell it? Less likely than driving his Patrol over it, but I'm guessing even if 4x4 suspension, trailer had less clearance, more likely to impact two people sitting/lying down. Probably unlikely to kill them outright, so then GL needs to finish them off.

I'm not sh1t-stirring btw Dogs_R_Us - it's getting to the stage where nothing would surprise me in this case, given GL's actions post mortem (of course the dismemberment is only alleged, not confirmed).

Maybe he reversed his trailer over the tent, and that's why he had to sell it? Less likely than driving his Patrol over it, but I'm guessing even if 4x4 suspension, trailer had less clearance, more likely to impact two people sitting/lying down. Probably unlikely to kill them outright, so then GL needs to finish them off.

I'm not sh1t-stirring btw Dogs_R_Us - it's getting to the stage where nothing would surprise me in this case, given GL's actions post mortem (of course the dismemberment is only alleged, not confirmed).

Running them over is about the only way he can frame it imo and try to make it look like an accident that killed both at the same time and it might go some way to explaining why he had it resprayed.

However, if he shot them that might explain some form of mutilation/dismemberment as an attempt to dig bullets out that could be tied forensically to him by way of his registered firearms and ballistics.

Running them over is about the only way he can frame it imo and try to make it look like an accident that killed both at the same time and it might go some way to explaining why he had it resprayed.

However, if he shot them that might explain some form of mutilation/dismemberment as an attempt to dig bullets out that could be tied forensically to him by way of his registered firearms and ballistics.
Also might explain why he burnt the tent - blood inside?

Respray was a disguise after he realised he might have been caught on CCTV.

Gun - just no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's dug bullets out and smashed their bones up well enough they won't be able to tell whether he used a gun or not. They probably won't be able to confirm either whether he accidentally ran over them or not, which might work for Lynn.

The lawyer would have been at work over anything GL said.

What about anything that might incriminate him?
There has been plenty of speculation here over what GL might have said in terms of assisting the investigation.

Pretty standard I think that his lawyer would have advised him to continue to make 'no comment' interviews. GL might have thought he could talk his way out of a charge on denials but even if he eventually cracked and told the cops where he buried the bodies, that doesn't mean he told them everything. :sick:

GL may be better off sitting tight not making any statements and wait for the evidence to be submitted to court. He can then 'concoct a defense' such that he may plead guilty to lower charges (i.e. manslaughter instead of murder). If he concocts a story before seeing the evidence he's probably digging another deep hole for himself.

Once he’s told the police where to find the bodies, there’s no point denying killing them. He had over a year to prepare a story. Maybe he’s opted for the truth.

I'm thinking he would have given them the drone and the phones as well if he did that.

Probably the trailer too, faik they haven't found that yet.

Once he’s told the police where to find the bodies, there’s no point denying killing them. He had over a year to prepare a story. Maybe he’s opted for the truth.

We can't rule out the Police had him cold with some irrefutable evidence so he opted to confess, or confess in part? Such as accident, self defence etc. It certainly looks like he told them where to find the remains so that paints a significant picture, albeit none of us know the circumstances.

There was a mention in the press that I snagged on, just a little mention that Lynn had taken one of his kids camping out near to where the bodies were found before. It had me wondering if his family were trying to help the police and that some information may have come in from them.

Just a thought.

Back