Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
There was a mention in the press that I snagged on, just a little mention that Lynn had taken one of his kids camping out near to where the bodies were found before. It had me wondering if his family were trying to help the police and that some information may have come in from them.

Just a thought.

That's a really good pickup. It would make a lot of sense tbh.

Pies1990

Senior List
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
There was a mention in the press that I snagged on, just a little mention that Lynn had taken one of his kids camping out near to where the bodies were found before. It had me wondering if his family were trying to help the police and that some information may have come in from them.

Just a thought.

There’s a high chance they would’ve been a tad suss when they released the pic of the patrol and trailer on Mt Hotham, and said it was blue, possibly changed colour. GL would have most likely at the time of RH & CC death, told family that he was going camping to the Wonnangatta area. They probably didn’t twig back then but surely after the car pic.
I wonder if his wife pressed him a bit on it and it was the cause of the fight that caused him to leave home and head to the area where he was arrested. Perhaps it was suggested if he were guilty it would be a matter of time before he was caught, and a big contributor to mental health issues the police were concerned about

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

Just a thought.

Yeah good pick up but how would they know about the 20 square radius?

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
There’s a high chance they would’ve been a tad suss when they released the pic of the patrol and trailer on Mt Hotham, and said it was blue, possibly changed colour. GL would have most likely at the time of RH & CC death, told family that he was going camping to the Wonnangatta area. They probably didn’t twig back then but surely after the car pic.
I wonder if his wife pressed him a bit on it and it was the cause of the fight that caused him to leave home and head to the area where he was arrested. Perhaps it was suggested if he were guilty it would be a matter of time before he was caught, and a big contributor to mental health issues the police were concerned about

Yeah big possibility

Yeah good pick up but how would they know about the 20 square radius?

Did you see the FB video of GL taking his son over the river in the 4WD? The kid was timing it down to the second, he's bright.

As I said though, just a thought.

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you see the FB video of GL taking his son over the river in the 4WD? The kid was timing it down to the second, he's bright.

Yeah I saw that it was eerie when you think about it.! Family could have helped for sure but I'm struggling to see how they could tell the Police exactly where the bodies were? Only the killer would know that IMO

Yeah I saw that it was eerie when you think about it.! Family could have helped for sure but I'm struggling to see how they could tell the Police exactly where the bodies were? Only the killer would know that IMO

We'll see. Shame we have to wait until May, it's still four months away.

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
We'll see. Shame we have to wait until May, it's still four months away.

Not too far off. Been great here having somewhere to chat about it. So many theories that revolve around a Jetstar Pilot, who would have thought? Closure for the Hill and Clay families with my thoughts going to Mr's Hill, she has endured a nightmare.!

Pies1990

Senior List
Dec 9, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood

I’m guessing when he was arrested that he would’ve no doubt crapped his pants when surrounded by special ops coming out of a chopper, might have scared him enough to fess up.

I’ve know someone in LE who’s conducted raids before and when confronted by masked cops and guns some crims literally crap their pants!

Terrafirma

All Australian
May 21, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m guessing when he was arrested that he would’ve no doubt crapped his pants when surrounded by special ops coming out of a chopper, might have scared him enough to fess up.

I’ve know someone in LE who’s conducted raids before and when confronted by masked cops and guns some crims literally crap their pants!
I'm sure he knew his time was up but don't believe he would have crapped his pants, this is a guy who is an airline pilot, who has seen a million choppers and planes etc. His also smart enough to know when the SOG are gunning for you, you don't play games. I think the wearing down came later when he was questioned for 3 days. At some point they told him they had him cold based on some serious evidence and he gave them the location of the remains, we just don't know based on what went down, is he claiming accident, self defence etc etc? That's the part we will find out come May most likely June

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

Now you're given me nightmares! Picturing police interviewing sons and them saying something like "oh yeah Dad was fascinated with this one 20 square area, always burning stuff or cutting up branches with his chainsaw. Dad has his funny ways like that. Why you asking about it anyway?"

Now you're given me nightmares! Picturing police interviewing sons and them saying something like "oh yeah Dad was fascinated with this one 20 square area, always burning stuff or cutting up branches with his chainsaw. Dad has his funny ways like that. Why you asking about it anyway?"

Thinking more along the lines of him taking one of the kids down that road and stopping to relieve himself as an excuse to check on the remains dumped there a few months back. My kids would remember where it was.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

When I got my 100 series Cruiser, my (at the time teenage) kids played around with the factory-installed GPS. Within minutes they'd found all the locations saved by the previous owner and other data that owner #1 never bothered to delete (or maybe didn't realise was saved as they never took it off road, was effectively a government vehicle). Nothing too personal (or incriminating!), but my point is kids these days are techno-savvy almost from birth. GL's kid may have noted a saved location or similar on GL's GPS, even if GL later deleted it, kids have pretty good memories, or may have noted a nearby landmark, track name, anything. GL could have inadvertently logged location of bodies and never twigged one of his kids had noted it, as kid would not have been aware of any significance.

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
When I got my 100 series Cruiser, my (at the time teenage) kids played around with the factory-installed GPS. Within minutes they'd found all the locations saved by the previous owner and other data that owner #1 never bothered to delete (or maybe didn't realise was saved as they never took it off road, was effectively a government vehicle). Nothing too personal (or incriminating!), but my point is kids these days are techno-savvy almost from birth. GL's kid may have noted a saved location or similar on GL's GPS, even if GL later deleted it, kids have pretty good memories, or may have noted a nearby landmark, track name, anything. GL could have inadvertently logged location of bodies and never twigged one of his kids had noted it, as kid would not have been aware of any significance.

That's a good point, kids are very tech savvy. I like to think I'm not completely useless but my kids find their way around security settings and have changed my Apple password before and so on. They always seem to be one step ahead.

If GL is this alpha domineering bloke with a temper maybe he didn't tell his family where he was going when he went on his solo camping trips. He could of told them he was going bush and nothing more specific.

Maybe no one dared question his whereabouts or risk facing his wrath.

Perhaps one of the kids got suspicious or just curious about where he was going and was able to find his locations through technology.

If I got up and left any of my kids at a campsite for a while and gave them a story that didn't quite stack up, they'd be all over it checking where I went and how long I stopped for.

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A few have mentioned that we may finally find out the truth on what really happened to trigger all of this, at the trial. It's fair to say that the truth hasn't exactly been GL's closest companion until now, and entirely possible we will never know why he did it. It's difficult to see him getting anything other than life for this, so no real sentencing discounts for him likely for full confession.

Awakening

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe the kids were concerned about his mental state and/or the welfare of their mother so looked into where he'd been and mentioned it to police after his arrest?

Back