Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Voting has swung to now favour the theory that Greg Lynn did not tell the police where he buried Carol and Russell.

At 6th February, 2022.

View attachment 1385769

At 28th April, 2022.

View attachment 1385770

Must say my initial impressions came about because they charged him after 3 days of questioning. So I like others assumed he cracked during the marathon and because at the same time they came up with a location for the remains. More so the remains location suggested to me that because it came at the same time of the charging he must have confessed. Off course now the thinking is he was tracked and that's how the remains were located. The $$$ question is did he go back to burn the remains or did he do this at the time of their murders? If they were tracking him and he did go back when did this occur etc? My worry is they hadn't apprehended him and they only chose to do this when they were concerned about self harm. I'm not sure what sort of evidence they were waiting for etc? So many questions that may not be answered on May 31st as this is only a committal trial.

Reading back through the case to date details it was reported the bodies were burned meters from where they were found. It is also saying that they were burned at the time of their murders. So this begs the question he has done everything possible to conceal their remains on the night of their murders so why would he ever return to the remains site? If he was tracked and this remains the Number 1 theory as to how they located the remains then why did he go back when there was nothing he could achieve other than to tell if they were still there? There was nothing there other than bone fragments, dentures and a ring. Put's an interesting twist onto the theory he went back and was tracked doing so IMO. Off course I and many wouldn't think like Lynn so perhaps his reasoning was different than what we expected.?

Reading back through the case to date details it was reported the bodies were burned meters from where they were found. It is also saying that they were burned at the time of their murders. So this begs the question he has done everything possible to conceal their remains on the night of their murders so why would he ever return to the remains site? If he was tracked and this remains the Number 1 theory as to how they located the remains then why did he go back when there was nothing he could achieve other than to tell if they were still there? There was nothing there other than bone fragments, dentures and a ring. Put's an interesting twist onto the theory he went back and was tracked doing so IMO. Off course I and many wouldn't think like Lynn so perhaps his reasoning was different than what we expected.?
Since the burning and burying happened at night, maybe he went back another time during daylight hours just to make sure he hadn’t accidentally left any signs or evidence around?

Since the burning and burying happened at night, maybe he went back another time during daylight hours just to make sure he hadn’t accidentally left any signs or evidence around?
Yes could well be something like that given he got outta there around midnight and whilst they say he is very calm under pressure murdering 2 people is not your everyday occurrence.

I am interested as to why they haven't used his surname. I know that in low-profile, everyday disappearance alerts they don't, however this is receiving big coverage with an enormous Police response. Not to say it indicates anything nefarious, just that his and his families privacy is probably a redundant issue now

I am interested as to why they haven't used his surname. I know that in low-profile, everyday disappearance alerts they don't, however this is receiving big coverage with an enormous Police response. Not to say it indicates anything nefarious, just that his and his families privacy is probably a redundant issue now

His surname is Pittas. This was reported in various other outlets not necessarily in mainstream channels. It appears he married in 2019.

Last edited:
What does everyone think old mate will plead in this case?

The rumor I heard from a copper I know was that Lynn claims him and Hill got into a physical argument and were fighting over the gun when it was discharged and killed Carol who went in to separate them. Supposedly Lynn then claims Hill went for him and he killed him in the ensuing fight.

If there's any truth to that being Lynn's story I imagine he'll be pleading guilty to some form of manslaughter. One must assume he will plead guilty to interfering with a corpse and perverting the course of justice by trying to cover the whole thing up.

Maybe the next poll should be about what Lynn's plea will be in relation to the charges?

The rumor I heard from a copper I know was that Lynn claims him and Hill got into a physical argument and were fighting over the gun when it was discharged and killed Carol who went in to separate them. Supposedly Lynn then claims Hill went for him and he killed him in the ensuing fight.

If there's any truth to that being Lynn's story I imagine he'll be pleading guilty to some form of manslaughter. One must assume he will plead guilty to interfering with a corpse and perverting the course of justice by trying to cover the whole thing up.

Maybe the next poll should be about what Lynn's plea will be in relation to the charges?
Argh, the problem with rumors.! It's possible so let's wait and see. Goes against the grain of voting within these forums of what everyone thinks happened. Off course if you are having an argument with someone why do you have a gun in your possession? You certainly wouldn't need a gun to confront or argue with a 70 year old couple. Lynn is evil in my opinion let's hope it is proved that way

rumour
/ˈruːmə/

noun
noun: rumor
  1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
    "they were investigating rumours of a massacre"

Similar:
    gossip

hearsay

talk

tittle-tattle

the grapevine

the word on the street

goss

Argh, the problem with rumors.! It's possible so let's wait and see. Goes against the grain of voting within these forums of what everyone thinks happened. Off course if you are having an argument with someone why do you have a gun in your possession? You certainly wouldn't need a gun to confront or argue with a 70 year old couple. Lynn is evil in my opinion let's hope it is proved that way

rumour
/ˈruːmə/

noun
noun: rumor
  1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
    "they were investigating rumours of a massacre"

Similar:
    gossip

hearsay

talk

tittle-tattle

the grapevine

the word on the street

goss

Interesting to see what happens at his hearing.

Would it be safe to say that he is denying the murder charges the coppers have brought against him? If he admitted the charges what's the process, does he go straight in front of a judge for sentencing?

Interesting to see what happens at his hearing.

Would it be safe to say that he is denying the murder charges the coppers have brought against him? If he admitted the charges what's the process, does he go straight in front of a judge for sentencing?
He is facing his committal hearing/trial on May 31st so we'll find out. Not sure the committal will reveal too much let's wait and see?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on nothing but my impressions of him, regardless of it being "accidental" or otherwise, I'd expect him to plead not guilty to murder.

Although the police wanted to hold out I think they enough evidence for old mate to be convicted...and possibly old mate spilled some details ?? Or someone did? They where pretty precise on later searches, unless they are using digital data?

At the very least Lynn has to surely plead guilty to interfering with a corpse x 2 and perverting the course of justice by attempting to cover it up the whole thing regardless of whatever events preceded the deaths of Russell & Carroll.

Those two charges in themselves are extremely serious.

At the very least Lynn has to surely plead guilty to interfering with a corpse x 2 and perverting the course of justice by attempting to cover it up the whole thing regardless of whatever events preceded the deaths of Russell & Carroll.

If Lynn has given them a quasi self defence story, the experts will check the forensics and autopsy reports against his account. If it doesn't match, they will proceed to trial him for two murders. Even if it does kind of match or they can't find a cause of death I hope the DPP takes him right to the edge of a life sentence before they even think about doing any kind of a deal.

We don't know yet because we as the audience per se don't know what evidence the Police have? The evidence against him will tell us a lot more when it is released. So I think it's still early days for us until the trial begins so many unknowns until some of the facts emerge. May 31st a week away so lets see what comes from that?

Back