Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Only 5 days to before the start of the trial which is on the 23rd. I wonder if we will find out what the argument was about? I'm going with the drone because that is missing and was being flown just before dark. The fact that the drone is missing suggests Lynn took it for fear of incrimination. Off course the argument could be about something else and Lynn still takes the drone because he doesn't want to be seen there at the time?

Logically you would think the drone would be involved in the argument. But truth is often stranger than fiction. We will see.

Only 5 days to before the start of the trial which is on the 23rd. I wonder if we will find out what the argument was about? I'm going with the drone because that is missing and was being flown just before dark. The fact that the drone is missing suggests Lynn took it for fear of incrimination. Off course the argument could be about something else and Lynn still takes the drone because he doesn't want to be seen there at the time?
It is the Commital not the trial.
Often you hear more from the commital than the trial though.
The drone, the trailer, the burning of the camp site, the hiding and burning of the bodies, his plea...... theres a lot we want to know!

It is the Commital not the trial.
Often you hear more from the commital than the trial though.
The drone, the trailer, the burning of the camp site, the hiding and burning of the bodies, his plea...... theres a lot we want to know!

I hope we can find a courtroom blogger covering the Committal.

A
Is the Committal at Sale do we know? I might go for a drive if I can fit it in.A
And our roving reporter Kurve comes to us from Sale ....

1660829415914.png

I hope we can find a courtroom blogger covering the Committal.
That would be good wouldn't it.
Mind you it could be deferred yet again.
I'm sure the Gippy Times will keep us well informed if you can't get up there Kurve and/or one of the Big Footy peeps don't put their hand up.
I'm also looking forward to hearing the comments from the members Highcountry, Sir-Loin, Badd0g & Sarasass again.

A

And our roving reporter Kurve comes to us from Sale ....

View attachment 1482118

Did you notice that slotted in for the same time is an Application Hearing?
I wonder if he’s going to plead guilty? Or if it’s just a request for certain charges to be dropped?
I think of the 2 different hearing types on the day, that one could be the more interesting..

Application Hearing link

Last edited:
Did you notice that slotted in for the same time is an Application Hearing?
I wonder if he’s going to plead guilty? Or if it’s just a request for certain charges to be dropped?
I think of the 2 different hearing types on the day, that one could be the more interesting..

Application Hearing link
Thank you. I didn't notice it because I ended up searching on Committal Mention by date because the link wasn't being friendly to me when I typed the surname last. Funny the first one indicates there is an Audio Visual Link but the second one doesn't

M12438593 At least I can look by number from now on.
1660978185743.png

That would be good wouldn't it.
Mind you it could be deferred yet again.
I'm sure the Gippy Times will keep us well informed if you can't get up there Kurve and/or one of the Big Footy peeps don't put their hand up.
I'm also looking forward to hearing the comments from the members Highcountry, Sir-Loin, Badd0g & Sarasass again.
If it was being deferred again wouldn't they have announced that by now? Or do they have until tomorrow to make that announcement? The application hearing suggests something else is in the mix.

If it was being deferred again wouldn't they have announced that by now? Or do they have until tomorrow to make that announcement? The application hearing suggests something else is in the mix.
It could be like last time when we only learnt once they were in court that there would be a deferal. Yes, the application...is it to have it held elsewhere, a plea.....hmmmmm we await some news.

Busy day at Sale Magistrates Court.! Sorry to bore you all with so many names but it certainly gives one a perspective on how hectic things must be.!

These matters will be heard in Sale Magistrates' Court today:

Today's court listings are published as part of News Corporation's commitment to public interest journalism and are compiled from information made publicly available by the courts in each State and territory.

The list is a public record of people appearing before the relevant court and there is no suggestion whatsoever of any wrongdoing by anyone named in these lists.

Randall, Daniel
Maynard, Lisa
Massey, Jarrod
Thompson, Bean Louise
Adrenquads Pty Ltd
Morris, Leatisha
Williamson, Nicholas
Kilicaslan, Koroy
Lawther, Samuel Keith
Brickle, Luke
Van Der Velden, Nigel
Pau, Ion
Ferguson, Mark
Worrall, Kevin
Bronowicki, Joseph
Bishop, Steven
Poolen, David
Siacci, Zac
Tremic Pty Ltd
De Haas, Christopher
Stephenson, Matthew
Gordon, Christopher
Heta, Shemaiah
O'mara, Robert Stephen
O'mara, Robert Stephen
Kalamaris, Alex
Edwards, Brett Anthony
Strawbridge, Destiny
Kyle, Brendan
Marshall, Jason
Sanders, Scott
Edwards, Brett
Bond, Sarah Louise
Freestone, Sarah Ann
Walker, Sharni Ila
Russell, Tracey Lee
Pau, Ion
Seddon, Joshua
Green, Allan
Wood, Khyle
Seddon, Joshua
Weekes, Andrew
Clarke, Sean
Mcgrath, Rodney Wayne

Lynn, Gregory

Lynn, Gregory

Harrison, Cindy
Whykes, Brock
Douthat, Michael
Skeen, Greg
Bracey, Hayley Lee
Bracey, Hayley
Edwards, Brett
Brown, Paul Anthony
Mobourne, Jacob
Milligan, Stacey
Milligan, Stacey
Wright, Craig Gordon
Green, Allan
Brown, Paul

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Highlights Package of Covert Video Footage.! Hope this leaks to the public. Lynn's wife was on the video link.!

Lynn’s barrister Dermot Dann said he had received a “highlights package” of covert surveillance on Lynn’s car and home - but has not received full recordings or transcripts
@7NewsMelbourne

Lynn to fight charges. This from the Herald Sun. Given it's a paid article I have cut and paste. It seems a gun was the weapon.!

Key take aways a gun was used, ballistics experts testimony to be crucial. The magistrate says he has an idea on what Lynn will claim given a gun was used and therefore Ballistics Testimonials will be crucial. And it will resume on Jan 16 and expect to run 4 days. More to come

Accused campsite killer Greg Lynn has confirmed he will fight the murder charges levelled against him as it was revealed investigators are set to carry out a final search of the High Country near where the missing pair were last seen.
The former Jetstar pilot was ordered to face a committal hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court in January to defend charges he killed elderly campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay in March 2020.

Mr Hill, 74, and Ms Clay, 73, were last heard from on March 20 while camping in the Wonnangatta Valley, near Wonnangatta Station, about 350km northeast of Melbourne.

In February this year, investigators confirmed human remains found in bushland near Dargo belonged to Mr Hill and Ms Clay.

Dressed in a suit and tie, the accused killer was supported during the online hearing on Tuesday by his wife, flight attendant Melanie Lynn, who smiled at her husband via the court’s video link.

The Sale Magistrates’ Court heard a number of witnesses will be called during the long awaited committal hearing, including a firearms expert whose testimony will be “essential” to the case, the court heard.

Magistrate Tim Walsh said he had “an idea” of Mr Lynn’s “explanation” and therefore the statement of ballistics expert Paul Griffiths would prove “pretty critical”.
The committal – a hearing during which a magistrate will determine if there is enough evidence to send the case to trial – will occur exclusively online, in a bid to speed up the matter which has already faced lengthy delays.

“Given he’s been in custody since last November, we can get it on quicker online, which is in everybody’s interest,” Magistrate Walsh said.

In May, prosecutors requested an additional 12 months to compile material, including transcripts of covert listening devices used during the investigation.

Prosecutor Olivia Sparrow said some listening device and telephone intercept transcripts were still outstanding.

Ms Sparrow also revealed a further search of Wonnangatta and Mt Hotham was expected to take place.

Barrister Demot Dann, for Mr Lynn, said the defence was still waiting to receive these exhibits, adding his client remained unable to access any of the prosecution material while behind bars.

Mr Walsh agreed it was “extremely regrettable”.

“This is a very significant case, your client faces two counts of murder,” Mr Walsh said.

“It’s extremely regrettable he hasn’t been provided with those materials and I expect he be provided with them forthwith,” he said.

More Coverage​

Prison guard bashed at maximum-security jailFake Covid officer jailed for demanding sex from woman
The committal is schedule to begin on January 16, following the court’s summer break and is expected to run at least four days.

Mr Lynn made no application for bail and will remain behind bars until his next court appearance

Last edited:
Some details on the covert surveillance of Greg Lynn.

'Covert surveillance used on missing campers accused killer Greg Lynn'

'4 MINUTES AGO AUGUST 23, 2022'

'Covert surveillance techniques were used to monitor Mr Lynn— likely after the alleged murders — including phone taps and recordings of his car and house, a hearing at the Sale Magistrates court heard on Tuesday.

Defence lawyer Dermot Dann said his team was yet to receive any of the evidence expected to be used by police in their case against him.

“You would have seen that it is suggested that there was a covert surveillance of the accused vehicle and home and there is sort of like a highlights package set out in the summary,” he said.

“As I understand the matter we don’t actually have any of the recordings or transcript thereof.”

Prosecutor Olivia Sparrow said the materials would be supplied, and revealed police could conduct a further search in Victoria’s high country.

“Outstanding materials to be provided are the remaining listening device and telephone intercept transcripts,” she said.

“And also that there may be a further search to be completed at Wonnangatta and Mount Hotham.”

As well, the court heard an expert firearms witness Paul Griffiths will be called to give evidence at a future hearing Mr Dann said.'

And from the Daily Fail even less information.
They are saying he killed them the day after they arrived.... ? Which doesn't seem right as GL's 4WD was heard leaving that night. So they must mean they were killed in the early hours ie after midnight, which would mean being dated as the day after.
Time of death? After dark probably. I speculated last year that he could have done it when they were already in the tent asleep otherwise why burn the tent down. Another scenario is him sneaking up behind when they were sitting in their chairs.
Is the firearms expert also needed to prove the position they were in when they were shot?

Interesting the surveliance bit.....so they had the rego plates and honed in on him earlier than thought.
Which means there is a lot of recording to go through and where does the wife sit in all of this and what did she know exactly?
And if they were survieling him for ages why don't they know what happened to the trailer?

What are they going to be searching for? Most likely in my mind the gun used and the drone.
So we wait until early january for more.

Last edited:
Defence lawyer Dermot Dann said his team was yet to receive any of the evidence expected to be used by police in their case against him.

“You would have seen that it is suggested that there was a covert surveillance of the accused vehicle and home and there is sort of like a highlights package set out in the summary,” he said.

“As I understand the matter we don’t actually have any of the recordings or transcript thereof.”

Prosecutor Olivia Sparrow said the materials would be supplied, and revealed police could conduct a further search in Victoria’s high country.

Bit of ducking & diving by the Prosecution .....:rolleyes: ... a highlights package suggests the Defence. There is yet another search underway.

And from the Daily Fail even less information.
They are saying he killed them the day after they arrived.... ? Which doesn't seem right as GL's 4WD was heard leaving that night. So they must mean they were killed in the early hours ie after midnight, which would mean being dated as the day after.
Time of death? After dark probably. I speculated last year that he could have done it when they were already in the tent asleep otherwise why burn the tent down. Another scenario is him sneaking up behind when they were sitting in their chairs.
Is the firearms expert also needed to prove the position they were in when they were shot?

Interesting the surveliance bit.....so they had the rego plates and honed in on him earlier than thought.
Which means there is a lot of recording to go through and where does the wife sit in all of this and what did she know exactly?
And if they were survieling him for ages why don't they know what happened to the trailer?

What are they going to be searching for? Most likely in my mind the gun used and the drone.
So we wait until early january for more.

So it seems Griffiths the ballistics expert has already made a statement and outlined what the evidence suggests in terms of the use of a gun. Yes killed later in the night and transported by trailer to the site of their remains. Yes most likely killed at their camp site given the fire and attempt to destroy evidence. So a gun and a drone are what's needed but that must be like searching for a needle in a haystack. It was said he disposed of the trailer not long after their murders so they would not have been watching him at that time hence not seen what happened to the trailer. I wonder if ballistics can determine what sort of gun was used given they only have skeletons? If so and given he was a well known member of the Melb Int Shooting Club there will be a register of guns owned by Lynn and if they were all on the register? Lot's of work to be done, transcripts need to be handed to the Defense Team so this will drag on for a long long time and be done online to help speed up the process. And are all his guns on his register still in his possession? Any guns missing?

Back