Wooden exercise rings

Remove this Banner Ad

CaptchaProofBot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I did a search but couldn't find anything here...has anyone used them (home gym or otherwise) and what are your experiences? TIA

these ones:

If there IS a thread already pls point it out to me and delete this.

EDIT: two........two rings to rule them all...couldn't resist :p

Last edited:

k31th

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
With wooden rings, the limitation is the strap and the mounting position. They've got a wide range of exercises you can do with them, so if you've got the setup for it, go nuts :)

CaptchaProofBot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
while my aim has nothing to with the muscle up, they've been hammering the false grip on and on in rings exercises so:

yes be prepared to be humbled, and wobble alot...dips are easy on fixed bars...not so easy on 2 straps/rings, right now I'm just doing the absolute basics but the variety (assisted versions) you can inc. into already well known exercises are great.

ps: I just wrap my 2 straps thru a chinup bar in the door, not too complicated, quite rigid/safe, no I don't intend to 'swing' wildly :D

CaptchaProofBot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

just my experience, yes mine did come with tapes, I wrapped it carefully but unless you superglued the damn thing to the ring...it will come loose as you do your darnest to do the false grip...so don't even bother, just go without the tape,
mine's in the bin.

CaptchaProofBot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
some nice demos by some pasty seth efriken guy in some aussie backyard...

while it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too soon for me to come to any solid conclusions...I've found that the workouts are much shorter, time saving, yet very tiring...guess I'm using my whole body to stabilise myself in any ring exercise. I 'feel'
thicker...musclewise that is ;)

At worst, when I get back to the weights in 1...2...3...whatever weeks...it would feel like 'new'...wow a new stimulus so in a way the rings would have served their purpose.

got the weirdest sensation trying to 'skin the cat', just half way not all full revolution, as you try to pull your legs up, you try and try and try...until you pull hard thru your ARMS and like magic the legs go up, anyway pls be careful, don't KO yourself.

CaptchaProofBot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
good insights from one user, you could see even from early stages...his build was getting 'thicker' which is what I feel even with just a few days of rings experience

oh yeah, don't forget legs...don't wanna end up with chicken legs

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad