Wooden Spoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast will **** the bed, they’ve a habit of doing well in the first month and then falling to absolute pieces.
But Carlton won't win 3 games so that doesn't matter

Gold Coast will **** the bed, they’ve a habit of doing well in the first month and then falling to absolute pieces.
Thank god the season is over 2 months old and they're still doing well then.

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to calendar. Nearly 2 months old*

Last edited:
Dunno, but it's going to be one of the better wooden spoon teams. There don't seem to be any downright awful teams running around this year.
My exact opinion as well. 4.5 wins bare minimum this year. I think various clubs will rotate losing streaks.

2017 is the only spooner to get to 5 wins this century, but the bottom sides were further off the pace then.

Last edited:
Thank god the season is over 2 months old and they're still doing well then.

Errrr? Season started March 21. It is now May 8. This is, last time anybody checked, under two months.

They’ve been soundly and in two cases heavily beaten in their last three games....

Don’t let facts get in the way of having a ridiculous opinion I see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Errrr? Season started March 21. It is now May 8. This is, last time anybody checked, under two months.

They’ve been soundly and in two cases heavily beaten in their last three games....

Yeah should've checked my facts regarding the season dates.

It's still more than the one month that you suggested in your initial post. They've had one of their better starts to a season.

Week 8 this round.
8 weeks of football is what I think the poster alluded to.

You guys should bottom out this season, smart move IMO, Get 4-5 top 30 picks like Port and really reset the club.

Well that and hopefully a change in gameplan or style. We have St Kilda’s second too. Getting 3-4 in the top 30 is crucial

Will not argue with you that we have waned as the season has gone on in the past, but injuries have played a big role in that. Last year as an example there were times we could only pick from 25 players, our injury list is actually not awful as we close in on the bye. FWIW I think we win 6 games for the year. Whether that is enough to avoid the spoon who knows. Can Carlton win more than 6, who knows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back