Prediction Wooden Spoon

It's going to be very hard for it to happen, with the shorter quarters.

The highest score for the season is 119 points (ironically, by us against Adelaide) and the greatest winning margin is 75 points.

Let's assume North and Adelaide both score 45 points.

If Adelaide scored 45 points to Richmond's 60, we'd need WCE to score 157 to our 45 points.

OR
If WCE score 120 points and break the season record, and we can only score 20 points, if Richmond defeat Adelaide 60-45.

If Richmond only win by a point, eg 60-59, and WCE score 120 points, we are allowed to score up to 34 points.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not that simple.

Adelaide has a percentage of 65.8, meaning a close loss would actually send their percentage up. Following the live ladder is your best bet.
Yes, it's not a flat number but it'll be close to 81 - that's the current difference in our points differentials.

You have to wonder about the person that starts a thread like this.
Why? It's a legitimate point for discussion. That's the purpose of this forum. Would you rather a thread about the merits of banana on pizza or videos of Russians doing dumb sh*t?

We're currently sitting second last on the same points as the bottom team and are clearly playing the most listless and putrid football in the competition.

FWIW, I don't think we'll "win" the spoon and thank f*** for that. However, no-one could credibly argue it'd be undeserved if we did.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Why? It's a legitimate point for discussion. That's the purpose of this forum.

No it isn't. It won't happen.

Would you rather a thread about the merits of banana on pizza or videos of Russians doing dumb sh*t?

Yes.

We're currently sitting second last on the same points as the bottom team and are clearly playing the most listless and putrid football in the competition.

They don't give out wooden spoons for second last.

FWIW, I don't think we'll "win" the spoon and thank f*** for that. However, no-one could credibly argue it'd be undeserved if we did.

We flogged the wooden spooners.

No it isn't. It won't happen.
We're not going to drop our AFLW team or sack the Board either, yet you regularly derail threads with posts about this.
Fair play. If the the mods think this, or any other thread, is inappropriate for this forum they'll bin it.
They don't give out wooden spoons for second last.
No. But there is still a mathematical possibility that we could finish last. That is the topic of discussion in this thread.
We flogged the wooden spooners.
Do you honestly believe this result would be repeated if we played them this week?

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Do not want, you think the media are into us now, that will be nothing if we finish last.
And so they should
Saw one lowlight in the Sunday FS with 4 defenders walking away from the goal kicker who casually ran around the mark. At least look interested!
Players come and go, but we’re always there forever!

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Domain of;
. Gold Coast
. Carlton
. Melbourne
. St. Kilda

Do not want.

I think Adelaide has never finished last? A lot of clubs have finished last since North last did it, and it hasn’t done them all lasting damage. Collingwood played in two grand finals within three years of their last wooden spoon. Those clubs settled down there for years as a strategy and we won’t do that.

It’s been a crap year regardless whether we finish 17th or 18th and we’ll take one or more good draftees out of it (according to the design of the draft) regardless of if we have #1 or #2. I care much less what happens this week than I do what happens after this.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We're not going to drop our AFLW team or sack the Board either, yet you regularly derail threads with posts about this.

A man can dream about glory days, can't he?

Fair play. If the the mods think this, or any other thread, is inappropriate for this forum they'll bin it.

Hahahahaha, have you seen some of the serial troll ****wits that post here?

Bigfooty moderator is the job description they tell their missus's whilst they're hanging out swilling martini's in "The Zondor Room" at the Tender Touch.

No. But there is still a mathematical possibility that we could finish last. That is the topic of discussion in this thread.

Getting a priority pick is also a "mathematical possibility", but absurdity & optimism runs a distant second to absurdity & pessimism around here.

Do you honestly believe this result would be repeated if we played them this week?

Not if Rhyce had his way.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
you definitely do, regularly making comments about my mental state (among others) when your not accusing me of stalking you. its pretty easy, if you dont approve of the thread simply dont post in it.

You can victim bait a lot better than that.

Do it again.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Make another thread about how it's the umpires fault we're dog sh*t then

I never made a thread like that in the first instance, and I apologise if you think it draws attention away from sinking the boots in to North players.

Stomp away.:thumbsu:

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You can victim bait a lot better than that.

Do it again.
its not even about me, its about you, you cant see a thread rolling along just like any normal public internet thread without having to make it about you,

i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt roll the discussion around to a point where you can state for the 100th time that if you were running the covid policy you would lock up the nursing homes and let the virus roll through the community again.

sorry tef, its not about me playing the victom card , its about you mate. theres a good reason you spend so much time in the sin bin.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
its not even about me, its about you, you cant see a thread rolling along just like any normal public internet thread without having to make it about you,

i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt roll the discussion around to a point where you can state for the 100th time that if you were running the covid policy you would lock up the nursing homes and let the virus roll through the community again.

sorry tef, its not about me playing the victom card , its about you mate. theres a good reason you spend so much time in the sin bin.

I reckon you could embellish better than this also. Lift your game.

Sep 1, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The only way it's going to happen is if Adelaide win or draw. What will be will be but I am happy ( if you can be happy ) with pick 2.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The only way it's going to happen is if Adelaide win or draw. What will be will be but I am happy ( if you can be happy ) with pick 2.
And Adelaide would be a chance to win at home if this was a normal round 17/18 game.

However Richmond will need to win to finish top 4 and that will mean they can't slacken off at all.

You would back Adelaide to beat most teams at home atm but not Richmond fighting for a top 4 spot.