News Woodville-West Torrens new guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Woodville-West Torrens new guernsey.

203048-welsh.jpg

There it is.

Pretty weak looking IMO. I dont like the way the SANFL jumpers are plastered with sponsors logos either

The eagle made up of shapes reminds me of the original WCE logo. I don't really like that logo and I find this one even worse.

Here's the old one:
s12jqg.png

Apparently this new guernsey is to standardise the eagles across the club, rather than having two different eagles for the logo and guernsey respectively.

To me the logo looks really '90s so to see that it was introduced in 2007 is a bit astounding. The old guernsey also had a nice design to it - the eagle broke up the colours really well.

And reading on Wikipedia that the merger's primary guernsey colour was to be blue - perhaps a step in another direction again now?

203048-welsh.jpg

There it is.

Pretty weak looking IMO. I dont like the way the SANFL jumpers are plastered with sponsors logos either

The only thing weak in this photo is the guy holding the ball.

I dont mind it, looks pretty good IMO

hate it looks bloody awful, already hated their logo (cheap rip off of the WCE old one). For some reason as well majority yellow guernsey's never turn out well or look good. Plus with the sponsorship placement makes the guernsey even more ordinary.

Here's the old one:
s12jqg.png

Apparently this new guernsey is to standardise the eagles across the club, rather than having two different eagles for the logo and guernsey respectively.

To me the logo looks really '90s so to see that it was introduced in 2007 is a bit astounding. The old guernsey also had a nice design to it - the eagle broke up the colours really well.

And reading on Wikipedia that the merger's primary guernsey colour was to be blue - perhaps a step in another direction again now?
If they were doing it to 'strandardise the eagle' why didn't they change the logo to match the jumper, instead of changing the jumper to match the logo.

But it's fair enough that they made the jumper predominately yellow/gold, seeing as both Woodville FC and West Torrens FC had yellow/gold when the merger occurred.

Your right in that it makes sense to have gold as the prevailing colour, the one link between the two clubs, but i agree with Crow Throw i don't know what it is about all yellow guernseys they just look vile. Typical of the SANFL too the sponsors name is too big and dominant which wrecks it.

The eagles had a rarity in that they came through a merger with a very co-hesive and strong original jumper, other clubs i can think of like Brisband Fitzroy simpley adopted one clubs strip replacing one colour for example. But they went and came up with a great strip now they've ruined it.

I hate it, especially since the old jumper was sensational. Was actually sad when I read about this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your right in that it makes sense to have gold as the prevailing colour, the one link between the two clubs, but i agree with Crow Throw i don't know what it is about all yellow guernseys they just look vile. Typical of the SANFL too the sponsors name is too big and dominant which wrecks it.

The eagles had a rarity in that they came through a merger with a very co-hesive and strong original jumper, other clubs i can think of like Brisband Fitzroy simpley adopted one clubs strip replacing one colour for example. But they went and came up with a great strip now they've ruined it.

I'd go the other way and have yellow as the trim, focussing on the green and blue, the two unique colours to each club. The previous guernsey looked a lot more powerful.

Here's the old one:
s12jqg.png

Did you notice our Guernseys have now changed our Guernsey colours colours to lemon yellow, green, and navy blue instead of golden yellow and royal blue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back