Education & Reference Words that annoy you

Remove this Banner Ad

"Off of" when all you need to use is "off". For example; "Get your hand off of it" as opposed to "Get your hand off it".

"Thus". When I was at Uni, this word was code for "I'm not that intelligent, but I need to seem like I am". Don't get me wrong, there are times where "thus" is appropriate, but not to the extent those people used it.

"Ignoramus". I noticed this word has dropped off the internet lexicon in recent years, which can only be a good thing. I couldn't stand this word, because neckbeards would trot it out every time they disagreed with someone. I'm all for spouting out s**t, but at least have some creativity when you do it. Don't just stick to the same old (s**t) word in some feeble attempt to feel superior.

The basic grammatical errors piss me off too. I see it as a failure of our education system, including but certainly not limited to, the low standard of educators (read: Sally received an ATAR of 52, which is borderline ret*rded, yet she was admitted to study Education at La Trobe University, where she will soon "teach" other poor souls abhorrent grammar, which will in turn make them borderline ret*rded too. This is the education equivalent of Centrelink generational disadvantage, but it's perfectly fine in this instance, as meritocracy is overrated). F*cking idiots.

The basic grammatical errors piss me off too. I see it as a failure of our education system, including but certainly not limited to, the low standard of educators (read: Sally received an ATAR of 52, which is borderline ret*rded, yet she was admitted to study Education at La Trobe University, where she will soon "teach" other poor souls abhorrent grammar, which will in turn make them borderline ret*rded too. This is the education equivalent of Centrelink generational disadvantage, but it's perfectly fine in this instance, as meritocracy is overrated). F*cking i
The govt are doing more thing to make it harder to become a teacher for that reason. More test and s**t like that.

Xtremes post

VOMIT.

I hate Sydney as much as anyone else however in a Bulldogs v Swans grand final they are the lesser of two evils. If the media "tugjob" over the Bulldogs preliminary final victory is any indication, the way they go on and on and on and on about a Bulldogs win........ will be unbearable.

I hate Sydney as much as anyone else however in a Bulldogs v Swans grand final they are the lesser of two evils. If the media "tugjob" over the Bulldogs preliminary final victory is any indication, the way they go on and on and on and on about a Bulldogs win........ will be unbearable.
Now you know how everyone has felt for the last three years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Off of" when all you need to use is "off". For example; "Get your hand off of it" as opposed to "Get your hand off it". "Thus". When I was at Uni, this word was code for "I'm not that intelligent, but I need to seem like I am". Don't get me wrong, there are times where "thus" is appropriate, but not to the extent those people used it."Ignoramus". I noticed this word has dropped off the internet lexicon in recent years, which can only be a good thing. I couldn't stand this word, because neckbeards would trot it out every time they disagreed with someone. I'm all for spouting out s**t, but at least have some creativity when you do it. Don't just stick to the same old (s**t) word in some feeble attempt to feel superior.

The basic grammatical errors piss me off too. I see it as a failure of our education system, including but certainly not limited to, the low standard of educators (read: Sally received an ATAR of 52, which is borderline ret*rded, yet she was admitted to study Education at La Trobe University, where she will soon "teach" other poor souls abhorrent grammar, which will in turn make them borderline ret*rded too. This is the education equivalent of Centrelink generational disadvantage, but it's perfectly fine in this instance, as meritocracy is overrated). F*cking idiots.

Sound Advice.

Not a single word, but 2 words combined.

Dish-Cloth.

Guesstimate.
I hate it so much.

Also my boss has the irritating habit of dropping the S in the word specific.

"Off of" when all you need to use is "off". For example; "Get your hand off of it" as opposed to "Get your hand off it".

"Thus". When I was at Uni, this word was code for "I'm not that intelligent, but I need to seem like I am". Don't get me wrong, there are times where "thus" is appropriate, but not to the extent those people used it.

"Ignoramus". I noticed this word has dropped off the internet lexicon in recent years, which can only be a good thing. I couldn't stand this word, because neckbeards would trot it out every time they disagreed with someone. I'm all for spouting out s**t, but at least have some creativity when you do it. Don't just stick to the same old (s**t) word in some feeble attempt to feel superior.

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back