Working from Home

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Start at a new role this week. They have introduced agile working. All desks are hot desks and you need to book a desk every day. 2 days WFH allowed as well. Everyone also has a laptop which uses VPN and Skype for Business.

No real need to be in the office which with a 2hr commute is ok by me.

We are loosely agile and they want me to turn my desk into a hot desk. Told the campaigners i am walking if that happens.

Better start hitting seek up

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Said I was working from home today but in actual fact I wasnt even in the country.

Was a long weekend fares on Monday were ridiculous so I stay an extra day in Belgium without telling work. Did a few hours in the morning and dialled in to all meetings. They were none the wiser.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I would find it hard to work from home. I would procrastinate too much.

"I really need to do that work. Hmmm... which room needs cleaning?".

JW Frogen

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
We are loosely agile and they want me to turn my desk into a hot desk. Told the campaigners i am walking if that happens.

Better start hitting seek up

I get this, one needs a sense of ownership and space in their job, what ever that job is.

Hot desking????

Has the corporate world learned nothing from communism?

If everyone has ownership of something no one gives a * about it.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
My brother in law has his office set up at home. He seems like the opposite. They are at him 24/7 to get s**t done. He cant get away. Weve been there for tea and he has a laptop in eyes view he can pop over to at a moments notice.

F**k that noise!!

Gets paid very nicely and a LOT of time in Lieu though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
My brother in law has his office set up at home. He seems like the opposite. They are at him 24/7 to get s**t done. He cant get away. Weve been there for tea and he has a laptop in eyes view he can pop over to at a moments notice.

F**k that noise!!

Gets paid very nicely and a LOT of time in Lieu though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

what does he do?

Back