Working in Aviation

Remove this Banner Ad

Do airline pilots make good money?

And what do they actually do? Flying an A380 isn't like flying a spitfire. Do they just sit there monitoring s**t most of the time?
Good money, but not as much as they used to. It takes a lot of money & time to get to that point though. A Captain will be earning well over $100k. There's more money overseas than in Australia though.

Yeah their job is fairly automated these days, Airbus more so than Boeing. It's more about knowing what to do when s**t hits the fans. Take off & landing can be fairly full on though

I’ve been building my aviation career since 2006, started at the bottom basically with Virgin Blue as a baggage handler, worked my way up to ramp team leader, 2012 moved onto Qantaslink and cross trained on both ramp and customer service and also completed certificate four training & assessment, 2013 accepted a Operations Manager role with a ground handling company in the Pilbara, was encouraged to compete Aerodrome reporting officer course completed that course in 2015, then moved to QLD to gain experience as an Aerodrome reporting officer an now an Aerodrome Manager FIFO in the Pilbara which includes ground handling, aircraft refueling, compliance, audits, airfield/Aerodrome maintenance.......it is a passion!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back