Umpiring Working With Children checks and impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Because they're good for like 5 years I just thought statistically that most people who will need one have probably already got one. Non event imo.

Lucky you're not in Queensland where it's 3 years and it's done through the Transport Department. Renewal is easy enough but I had to go down to get my photo done before doing games this year post May (which was my expiration date). There were even rumours that water carriers had to have a blue card which I believe were untrue or not checked.

The irony of the above post has just hit me like nobodies business.

Anyway, the current fee is $121.10 and $91.70 to renew.

Passport photos at the post office are now $20, thieving bastards.
Didn't cost me a cent. Got one for umpiring.
Surprising at the expense of the fees. 😲

Lucky you're not in Queensland where it's 3 years and it's done through the Transport Department. Renewal is easy enough but I had to go down to get my photo done before doing games this year post May (which was my expiration date). There were even rumours that water carriers had to have a blue card which I believe were untrue or not checked.
Shouldn't cost you anything because it's voluntary.

I got mine yesterday. Filled in online a few days back, they emailed a QR code. Went into my local post shop, queued for 2 minutes, they scanned my code, bit of a rigmarole entering my ID details, then a quick photo and more keyboard tapping. She gave me a receipt with an application number on it. That was about 3:55pm.

Then I got an email at 4:08 saying my application had been received and another email at 4:17 saying it had been approved, and it would be about 4 weeks to get a card. In the meantime I can just show the email if needed.

Cost was $0.

Far less painful than I thought it was going to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back