WorkSafe make a move

Remove this Banner Ad

Though to be fair, you're not a big team. Just a crap cheating team with a lot of supporters due to an accident of history (and your own cheating ... quelle surprise ... in the 20s)[/QUOTE]

If we are running with generalisations like you choose to about Essendon being a cheating team.. do we then also assume that North Players all sleep with their mates wife’s, or that all players are facing sexual assault allegations?

oh the arrogance, "look how big we are"
One day you might need someone like Norths vote< then lets see who needs who shall we
I would have thought that arrogance was far better suited to the behaviour of the Collingwood football club and Eddie... who doesnt have any agendas at all and is all about the welfare of the comp, even if it means clubs like Ess and Collingwood have to make some sacrifices.

I would have thought that arrogance was far better suited to the behaviour of the Collingwood football club and Eddie... who doesnt have any agendas at all and is all about the welfare of the comp, even if it means clubs like Ess and Collingwood have to make some sacrifices.
Deflection again hey?
My opinion?
You want to play in a competition, then you need a competition.
The AFL make the rules, you sign up to play in the AFL, then play by those rules.

Deflection again hey?
My opinion?
You want to play in a competition, then you need a competition.
The AFL make the rules, you sign up to play in the AFL, then play by those rules.
Where does betting on AFL games, drink driving, being convicted of grievous bodily harm and testing positive to performance enhancing drugs fit within those rules? Just getting started on the rap sheet that belongs to Coll FC...

Where does betting on AFL games, drink driving, being convicted of grievous bodily harm and testing positive to performance enhancing drugs fit within those rules? Just getting started on the rap sheet that belongs to Coll FC...
Break the rules pay the consequences, nobody is bigger than the game, EFC included, but it seems you think different.
And for all your deflection trying to get me upset about things that happened at my club, if people are dickheads at my club, they can piss off.
As i said, things might get to a point where you need a vote from the NMFC, then who needs who?
Seems you have no idea how to answer a question, so i will tell you, you will need the support of the NMFC

Break the rules pay the consequences, nobody is bigger than the game, EFC included, but it seems you think different.
And for all your deflection trying to get me upset about things that happened at my club, if people are dickheads at my club, they can piss off.
As i said, things might get to a point where you need a vote from the NMFC, then who needs who?
Seems you have no idea how to answer a question, so i will tell you, you will need the support of the NMFC
Might be the case at some point in time... but in the interim I am pretty sure that they will need ours ten times over just to survive. We give them $$$ every year so I would suggest that they need us more than we need them to survive.

On Essendon breaking the rules... please let me know what rules we have proven to have broken. BTW im not referring to the 'bringing the game in disrepute' as that one the AFL choose to use when they like and will as proven manufacture a report to get an outcome that they need. Weird how Milney never bought the game into disrepute, nor did Dean Robinson or Steven Dank...

Might be the case at some point in time... but in the interim I am pretty sure that they will need ours ten times over just to survive. We give them $$$ every year so I would suggest that they need us more than we need them to survive.

On Essendon breaking the rules... please let me know what rules we have proven to have broken. BTW im not referring to the 'bringing the game in disrepute' as that one the AFL choose to use when they like and will as proven manufacture a report to get an outcome that they need. Weird how Milney never bought the game into disrepute, nor did Dean Robinson or Steven Dank...
So you think you didn't bring the game into disrepute? ok
You see the AFL think you did, they charged you with it, then found you guilty, this great big club of yours accepted those charges, so, you did bring the game into disrepute.
And for information, the NMFC do not need the EFC to keep afloat, in the near future we might see the proof of this, court cases from disgruntled players might see the EFC on it's knees, how are you going to help the NMFC then hey?

Lets wait to see what worksafe have to say, WADA also, then lets wait for the players. BIG CLUB, no-body can touch you, we'll see
That could be true... but then again.... you would suggest that we have pretty much copped it for 3 years straight and still nothing even close to proving the players guilty. The remain innocent and I am pretty sure that will remain the same after WADA comes through. Sure Worksafe like the AFL will have a clause that they can hit the come with, but wouldnt have thought they are too concerned about them shutting our doors when we have already been smashed by the AFL and have improved governance and workplace safety etc... I would have thought their job has already been done....and that a fine will come but no doors closed, no NMFC support required and no players jumping ship...

That could be true... but then again.... you would suggest that we have pretty much copped it for 3 years straight and still nothing even close to proving the players guilty. The remain innocent and I am pretty sure that will remain the same after WADA comes through. Sure Worksafe like the AFL will have a clause that they can hit the come with, but wouldnt have thought they are too concerned about them shutting our doors when we have already been smashed by the AFL and have improved governance and workplace safety etc... I would have thought their job has already been done....and that a fine will come but no doors closed, no NMFC support required and no players jumping ship...
Worksafe won't do a lot of damage true, but it's what they reveal.
I don't think you have told Hal what he was given yet have you?

Worksafe won't do a lot of damage true, but it's what they reveal.
I don't think you have told Hal what he was given yet have you?
What will they reveal that the media hasnt already reveal via our friends at ASADA and the AFL? Seriously you guys keep chasing and hoping that something is there that never was and never will be there.

As for Hal Hunter... best of luck with that. Seems like a bit of an opportunist to me, given he wasnt part of the program i wouldnt suspect that will go to well for him. I would have thought that questions might turn to Hal to ask him what he did to ask questions and what investigations he also did to ensure he knew what he was putting in his own body. Could be a costly exercise for HAL as he goes money grabbing.

On the topic of that... a quick win for Dean Robinson with the AFL having to pay him a settlement for unfair dismissal... but just wait till this is all done, when Workcover, medicare and the ACC come knocking on his door. That bloke has plenty to answer for along side Dank, yet we havent chased that line of questioning as he feeds Caro some of her top stuff (incorrect of course)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the topic of that... a quick win for Dean Robinson with the AFL having to pay him a settlement for unfair dismissal... but just wait till this is all done, when Workcover, medicare and the ACC come knocking on his door. That bloke has plenty to answer for along side Dank, yet we havent chased that line of questioning as he feeds Caro some of her top stuff (incorrect of course)
I don't anticipate much from the worksafe investigation - but if as you say there is any Workcover finding in relation to the Wep, the employer at the time is in the spotlight.

I don't anticipate much from the worksafe investigation - but if as you say there is any Workcover finding in relation to the Wep, the employer at the time is in the spotlight.
Agreed.

knowing what I know from the inside... I find it extremely strange that there has been a relentless thirst to chase Hird & Co... yet very few people have chosen to chase the facts surrounding Dean Robinson and of course Dank. Dean Robinson was head of the department.. there is plenty of questionable activities surrounding this bloke... he wasnt coming to the club without Dank by his side.. yet he has got away with a Million dollars while other good people at the club continue to have their reputations smashed by factually incorrect statements and media crap.

Agreed.

knowing what I know from the inside... I find it extremely strange that there has been a relentless thirst to chase Hird & Co... yet very few people have chosen to chase the facts surrounding Dean Robinson and of course Dank. Dean Robinson was head of the department.. there is plenty of questionable activities surrounding this bloke... he wasnt coming to the club without Dank by his side.. yet he has got away with a Million dollars while other good people at the club continue to have their reputations smashed by factually incorrect statements and media crap.
I totally agree. The easy media clicks are totally in 'hird is responsible'. Whatever happened, and by no means does anyone on this forum know, I don't think the real authors have been publicised

I totally agree. The easy media clicks are totally in 'hird is responsible'. Whatever happened, and by no means does anyone on this forum know, I don't think the real authors have been publicised
Ask yourself... how many articles has Caro written about Hird... and then how many has she written about Robinson? She has written one about Robinson in the last 3 years and it was a sympathetic piece. Might just be because he has fed her the info...

I know the two blokes... and i would suggest that one clearly has a more questionable past than they other and associates with colorful characters. Yet one name sells papers and clicks than the other... so lets run with that story shall we.

What will they reveal that the media hasnt already reveal via our friends at ASADA and the AFL? Seriously you guys keep chasing and hoping that something is there that never was and never will be there.

As for Hal Hunter... best of luck with that. Seems like a bit of an opportunist to me, given he wasnt part of the program i wouldnt suspect that will go to well for him. I would have thought that questions might turn to Hal to ask him what he did to ask questions and what investigations he also did to ensure he knew what he was putting in his own body. Could be a costly exercise for HAL as he goes money grabbing.

So Dank and Robinson as employees of the EFC will be the ones that statutory bodies look to "chase"

Interesting....what exactly will they "chase" those 2 for?

Ask yourself... how many articles has Caro written about Hird... and then how many has she written about Robinson? She has written one about Robinson in the last 3 years and it was a sympathetic piece. Might just be because he has fed her the info...

I know the two blokes... and i would suggest that one clearly has a more questionable past than they other and associates with colorful characters. Yet one name sells papers and clicks than the other... so lets run with that story shall we.
Agree. I don't have a beef with Caro - though can understand why you might - but the response to this whole thing is not investigative, it is just designed for impact and selling a story. They succeeded in selling it to me for a few months. But the viewing public has been sold a pup - it's all about Hird and pick whether you love him or hate him. No more or less. Wep and Dank have the information if anyone does.

Robinson got the arse.

Hird is still coaching and strutting around like nothing happened and thumbing his nose at everyone.

That's why she keeps st him.

Agree. I don't have a beef with Caro - though can understand why you might - but the response to this whole thing is not investigative, it is just designed for impact and selling a story. They succeeded in selling it to me for a few months. But the viewing public has been sold a pup - it's all about Hird and pick whether you love him or hate him. No more or less. Wep and Dank have the information if anyone does.
Happy to destroy the reputations of good people, put them as the No1 enemy to sell papers. Interesting however that those in the know and those closed to the club dont have any problems with Hird and the playing group, management and staff are all united. Perhaps they know the real story or what happened... or most likely didnt actually happen.

Robinson got the arse.

Hird is still coaching and strutting around like nothing happened and thumbing his nose at everyone.

You're right, but again this is the click friendly approach rather than an attempt to get at the truth

Robinson got the arse.

You run with that if you like... there are plenty of others behind you. But ask yourself why are those in the know all fully behind hird. Why would the players all being wanting to sign again and play for hird as opposed to walking free as Paddy the opportunist chose to? Perhaps they all know about the black ops and have all made a swear under the secret ess drugs club.

Believe the media if you choose, support the AFL agenda that they were happy to run with in the interim report or listen to the actions of the ones closest to the club who are in the know.

You're right, but again this is the click friendly approach rather than an attempt to get at the truth

I don't think Wilson is a truth campaigner.

She's an AFL campaigner.

She's also a headhunter, so to speak. She likes to see heads roll and rarely let's go until it happens.

The James Hird thing is the perfect storm for her.

You run with that if you like... there are plenty of others behind you. But ask yourself why are those in the know all fully behind hird. Why would the players all being wanting to sign again and play for hird as opposed to walking free as Paddy the opportunist chose to? Perhaps they all know about the black ops and have all made a swear under the secret ess drugs club.

Believe the media if you choose, support the AFL agenda that they were happy to run with in the interim report or listen to the actions of the ones closest to the club who are in the know.
You make a decent point.

Pre-empting now: no I'm not an AFL employee or EFC apologist. Just someone not totally trusting the polarised and lazy media culture in Australia just now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back