Game Day World Cup 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Teddy the Pomm:
508704_76e9b6f652b56a9a1a744937e3cedd6f.jpg

and
Mozzie the Mini Aussie:
508703_b897b4591f2a0b9a733e820798fb37e2.jpg

both bark the following:

Why is our national team called the Socceroos when I frequently get told by the footballnazis that it is football not soccer?
To appeal to those who don't call it football.

To appeal to those who don't call it football.
I guess the Socceroos name was a marketing thing to get kids into the sport. It had been a bit of an embarrassing moniker for me up until we began qualifying for WCs again. Now I think it’s quite endearing. I was in Germany for the WC in 06 and most people I met there loved our team and the name. I think our national side is more respected internationally than at home. Yes the sport is officially called Football but Soccer is actually an English term derived from Association Football. Saves confusion here with so many Football codes on offer.

France 5 - Socceroos 0.
I think Greismann....will score....a hat trick. Hope Mbappe isn't playing.

I think it'll be ugly unfortunately. But hopefully proven wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

France 3-0
They will score one within the first two minutes then the other two after half time I can just see it

Hopefully we can sneak a draw.
France will be very tough.
They have some star players.
Agreed. A draw would be a dream result and put us in a strong position to progress out of what is a tough group. France has some awesome individual talent with Greizmann, Pogba, Lloris, Giroud, Lemar, Kante and Mbappe but I’m not so sure how they’ll gel as a cohesive unit. We’re lucky we meet them first up and can (hopefully) grab a shock result before they hit their straps.

Come on mofos :)

3-0 loss my prediction. 1-0 at half time and then we will push for one and Greizmann will get out the back of our slow defenders in the 2nd half.

But prove me wrong please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back