World Cup 2019 Day 3 - Afghanistan v Australia - 10:30PM AEST - Sri Lanka v NZ 7:30

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing a Test innings, haven't seen him take a risk yet...

Net run rate could be very important come the back end of the comp.....he should be playing for the team at this stage and having a crack

I understand he has been out for 12 months....but we have a batter who has been dropped after averaging 50 odd and we have an opener who is forced to bat at three to accommodate warner

I was all for warner coming back....but this is not what I expected ....i thought he would have the courage to have a go

i would like to see him attack

Slats defending Warner and the boys club. We wouldnt hear the end of it if khawaja was out there on 28 off 50 and not rotating the strike like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some players will always have something to prove no matter how well they do. Khawaja seems to be one. Has a pretty fair test record and has improved out of sight in one-day cricket to make the World Cup team on weight of runs and not an absence of alternative options.

Guptill and Finch are stars in ODI cricket and are bunnies in test cricket against quality test match pace and spin bowling.

ODIs mean nothing, batsmen are judged on tests, if you can't cut it in tests you aren't a great batsman.

No one puts up Guptill and Finch as all time great batsmen no matter how many runs they make in ODI cricket.
Given this isn’t a Test match, who gives a *?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back