World Cup 2022 ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

They're going to lose.

I understand they want to protect goal difference but I'd rather lose taking the game on like we did with that goal. It may not work but this has no chance to.

France look more peppy coming out of half time. We look a bit defeated and heat depleted.

We've looked defeated all game except the brief period we had the goal and lead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

France look more peppy coming out of half time. We look a bit defeated and heat depleted.

Except it was cool there, late evening.

Arnold gets a 1 out of 10 for strategy.

Players get a 2 out of 10 for basic skills....

We played 10 minutes of attacking football, then let them dictate play as they pleased.

Mbappe tore Atkinson a new one and Arnold didn't make a change. Odd.

Kuol only on late in H2 when leg speed was a major issue.... odd.

France were good no question, will be tough to beat.

Absolutely, all that backward passing killed us, very "un-Australian" mindset. It's like getting there is enough.

Reminds me of watching Carlton at our worst over the past two decade.

* around with the ball without direction, devoid of hope, and when the opposition capitalises on your error (that inevitably comes) you throw your hands in the air and wonder how it all went wrong.

You probably won't win but how much worse could it have been had we thrown caution to the wind and given it a crack? At least you carry the right mentality forward with you.

Instead, now we're in a position where we need to win both remaining games and significantly alter the mindset just to hope we have any chance.

We were nothing but a warm up training drill for them after we got that goal.

Great start, but weren't able to sustain it for anywhere near long enough.

I'm not as critical of Arnold as many but he was poor today. Needed to show more intent when France had the ball - they settled quickly after the opening goal.

Also needed to show more dare going forward - their defence didn't break out of a sweat after the opening few minutes.

France are brilliant - every chance of going back to back. Huge game for Australia on Saturday night. A must win if we are to have any chance of making it through.

Except it was cool there, late evening.

Arnold gets a 1 out of 10 for strategy.

Players get a 2 out of 10 for basic skills....

We played 10 minutes of attacking football, then let them dictate play as they pleased.

Mbappe tore Atkinson a new one and Arnold didn't make a change. Odd.

Kuol only on late in H2 when leg speed was a major issue.... odd.

France were good no question, will be tough to beat.
Arnold is a hack.
Bring back ANGE!!
Dare or die.
Camonnnnn
Time to trample Tunisia. (Tremendously)

As I say to my son's u9 team, you can't win a game when the ball's in your half all game.

Arnold put in a shocker yesterday.

The two young quick blokes should have come on at half time when we were still in the game, on the scoreboard at least.

Guys like Mooy looked & moved like they'd done a hard session in the Qatari sand dunes half an hour before kick off.

If he's our best midfielder/play maker, God help us!

All ready for tonight's taut tremulous triss v Tunisia?

Will it be tremendous or terrifying?
Will you be having tuna then tiramisu?
Will you be turning on and tuning in?
Will I run out of terrible T words anytime soon?
Tut tut!
Bounce the ball!
Let's go.
ATTACK!!!

Just need to bring energy and intent (some speed and an attacking mindset might help too).... it was sadly lacking a few days ago!

Mabil and Kuol should both start.

Arnold was negligent in not swinging changes much earlier against France!

Tunisia should put us out of our misery tonight.
Talent wise, we are one of the bottom 4 nations at this world cup and there is no point pretending otherwise.

I just want no injuries to the Melbourne City boys, already focused on the resumption of our national league.

On a side note how pathetic was Simon Hill's swipe at Pete 'The Pirate' Fitzsimmons (who is somewhat of a national icon, if not true)

Hill wasn't even born here, he has no ideal about the general Aussie Spirit and fighting qualities, he is one of those precious and hysterical soccer commentators that really annoy me

Craig Foster is much much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back