Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I realise it wouldn't have lined the pockets of FIFA executives and I'm bias.

But not picking Australia was dumb.

We'd have full stadiums and lots of beer drunk.

To be fair we were never in the hunt for it. Even if the bidding was ‘clean’, we would’ve lost out.

Though in hindsight I’m not sure how the AFL would’ve coped having so many grounds wiped out for a fair chunk of the season (especially after COVID).

At least we have the women’s World Cup, though FIFA have even managed to botch that up by freezing locals out of tickets.

To be fair we were never in the hunt for it. Even if the bidding was ‘clean’, we would’ve lost out.

Though in hindsight I’m not sure how the AFL would’ve coped having so many grounds wiped out for a fair chunk of the season (especially after COVID).

At least we have the women’s World Cup, though FIFA have even managed to botch that up by freezing locals out of tickets.
Yeah it's an unrealistic thought to have the men's. I still think as a country it would be excellent.

I must look up the women's one. I knew we'd won it, haven't heard much since.

FIFA are a disgrace. Read an article the booze ban is potentially going to cost them $76M
Probably lots more than that. Kane mentioned above $112m in sponsorship alone + sales. I don't think they would worry as the Qataris have paid them off.
FIFA has always been corrupted. Never should have been awarded the games. This is the world cup Australia missed out on.

Yeah it's an unrealistic thought to have the men's. I still think as a country it would be excellent.

I must look up the women's one. I knew we'd won it, haven't heard much since.

It’s mid-next year. Hindmarsh has 5 matches (including a second round match).

FIFA, in their wisdom, opened ticket sales at something like 2am local time, and did zero local advertising for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back