Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If your country has a s**t football team, I think the banning of alcoholic drinks at the WC should be revisited.

It still depends on Tunisia losing/drawing to France.

If Tunisia beat France a draw won't be enough to get us through.
Tunisia won't beat France. I do have a nagging feeling Denmark will beat us though.

FIFA are a disgrace. Read an article the booze ban is potentially going to cost them $76M

I would 100% bet any money they knew this ban existed from the very moment they voted Qatar to host the world cup. FIFA just wanted the money to keep rolling in and non doubt deliberately kept this from Budweiser for the past decade. Only an idiot would think this was sprung on FIFA. They tried to minimise the issue by comparing it to stadium rules in no doubt a pathetic attempt to avoid the breach of contract thing. But yeah, FIFA would have known for a very long time beer was never going to be allowed.

If your country has a s**t football team, I think the banning of alcoholic drinks at the WC should be revisited.

Qatar government doesn't care about their own team or fans. This is a money making scheme by this world cup being nothing more than a $300b tourism and business advert. Therefor they do not care. They also chose not to disclose an alcohol ban as to not deter tourists until right before the event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But not the first 2 rounds?

The first 2 rounds is get as many games done as possible, so they had the 8:30pm/11:30pm games so each game had their own time = more ratings = more advertising. The last round of games in the group stage have to be played at the same time (to avoid match fixing), hence only 1:30am and 5:30am. If they don't have to play them early, they won't.

To stop any collusion to determine sides going through. If there were 2 different times the latter game would have a massive advantage knowing what result is required. It happens in soccer on the final day in most competitions. If you think EPL , all games start at the same time on the last day.

Back