World Cup World Cup Brazil 2014 - The Prediction Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people making predictions after a dozen+ games have been played?

As far as the overall winner is concerned, there are probably more questions than answers than when the tournament started.

Brazil and Argentina have been very unconvincing and then teams like Germany and the Netherlands who threw their hat in the ring after the first round of pool games have looked just as vulnerable in their second matches. I guess France will get some love now until they come out and lose to Ecuador.

This World Cup has been amazing.
No stand out team yet, and every game that I have seen has been exciting and tense.
The 'minnows' have taking it right up to their 'bigger' opponents and surprises have been plentiful.
I'm hoping for more of the same in the knockout stages. Will make for compelling viewing

Who got Costa Rica? I love it! Sitting in a bar in Belo H waiting for Uruguay to be sent packing. Had them as biggest disappointment and Chile biggest surprise. Get it done Italy!

Typeclub, forgot my password

Dont see a SA team winning based on what ive seen. Germany or Netherlands for me, probably Netherlands.

It will be a Brazil vs France final OR a Germany vs France final.

Bookmark it!
I thought a while back that France could win it all, and if they play Brazil they'd beat them. 86, 98 and 2006 the French knocked them out. Certainly Brazil's bogey team.

At the conclusion of the group stages, prediction is for Colombia to win the whole thing, love the way they play, love their goal celebrations, love James Rodriguez.

Germany beating Brazil in the semi's then to play Argentina in the final I'm sticking with. I want to tip Germany, I did a while back. The deepest squad and theyre due a cup. South American factor has seen me to change it to argentina recently so I'll stand by that. I said Messi will lead them like Diego did in 86, looking good atm, and Argentina beat Germany in 86 final. Germany won it 4 years later in a rematch. I think history will repeat in identical fashion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Netherlands is so far superior to Argentina atm. I had Argentina as winners before it started but Robben is the best player in this tournament

Argentina's side of the draw has certaintly 'opened up' with Spain and Italy being eliminated..Can't see them not at least making the final

Possibly the best World Cup of all time. Costa Rica could go as far as the semi finals.

The penalty shoot out in the Brazil-Chile game underlines just how pressure the hosts are under to win the World Cup on their own turf.

If losing to Uruguay in 1950 was bad enough for Brazil, imagine what impact losing to Argentina in the Final would be like for the entire nation.

WINNERS: Germany
FINALISTS: Argentina
AUSTRALIA WILL...: Be competitive but still not get a point
GOLDEN BOOT: Miroslav Klose
BIGGEST SURPRISE : Bosnia
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Portugal
PSYCHIC ANIMAL: Gordon the Gecko
not bad

WINNERS: Argentina
FINALISTS: Germany
AUSTRALIA WILL...: Not make it out the group, sorry!
GOLDEN BOOT: Aguero
BIGGEST SURPRISE: Nigeria
BIGGEST DISSAPOINTMENT: Brazil. Expectations will burden them.
PSYCHIC ANIMAL: Timon the Meerkat :p
not bad at all!

Some guy in here predicted 4-0 Germany vs Brazil in the final. Thought about it at 1-0, tried to find it at 2-0 and now it's 3-0 hahahaha

WINNERS: Germany
FINALISTS: Argentina
AUSTRALIA WILL... have a crack but be totally outclassed.
GOLDEN BOOT: Messi. Argentina has a soft group and he's the best player in the world.
BIGGEST SURPRISE: Germany to thump Brazil 4-0 in the semi-final.
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: I want him to fire but gut feeling is Neymar will struggle. Only 22 and has the weight of the host country on his shoulders.
You are a genius!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back