World Cup Day 10 England v Bangladesh @ Cardiff, Afghanistan v New Zealand @ Taunton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
England cricket changed there game after the loss to Bangladesh in 2015 and now are ranked "1 .
Yes that point was made more than once, and that part in itself is a fair enough insight. Not when it went so far that the commentary was thanking Bangladesh for that day while they were smashing them last night. It felt unprofessional.
I can't imagine an AFL personality making too many friends having a laugh with a comment like "thanks Carlton for bundling us out of finals in 2020" while comprehensively beating them in round 3 2024.

boondy

I pity the fool
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Yes that point was made more than once, and that part in itself is a fair enough insight. Not when it went so far that the commentary was thanking Bangladesh for that day while they were smashing them last night. It felt unprofessional.
I can't imagine an AFL personality making too many friends having a laugh with a comment like "thanks Carlton for bundling us out of finals in 2020" while comprehensively beating them in round 3 2024.
Bangladesh have done wonders for England cricket tho made them the team they are today , I know you dont like hearing it but its the sole reason they are so good now .

AFL Club
Collingwood
Bangladesh have done wonders for England cricket tho made them the team they are today , I know you dont like hearing it but its the sole reason they are so good now .
Again, the commentary took it further than that point of view, by joking around and thanking Bangladesh on behalf of the English team. My point was to call out comments that were evidently not those of a neutral commentator.

boondy

I pity the fool
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Again, the commentary took it further than that point of view, by joking around and thanking Bangladesh on behalf of the English team. My point was to call out comments that were evidently not those of a neutral commentator.
I know and you are right my weird attempt at humour repeating it for you .

Ishikawa

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seriously? I would have thought it were pretty common in AFL or other sports to refer back to season or era defining losses. How many times was the Geelong-North Melbourne 2007 round 6 game referred to? Or the night St Kilda fed on the apparent corpse of the Richmond side of 2017... only for 10 weeks later to see them holding up the cup after a dominant finals series?

Sir_Loin

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Seriously? I would have thought it were pretty common in AFL or other sports to refer back to season or era defining losses. How many times was the Geelong-North Melbourne 2007 round 6 game referred to? Or the night St Kilda fed on the apparent corpse of the Richmond side of 2017... only for 10 weeks later to see them holding up the cup after a dominant finals series?
Good times

AFL Club
Collingwood
Have you heard the commentary I was referring to? It was more than a referral back to an era defining loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
AFL Club
Collingwood
Waiting for the bounce isn't working against spin, need to meet the bounce, put the pressure back on the bowler, if you sit there waiting you aren't going to change length.

Frank Gallagher

AFL Club
Collingwood
This is the worst performance I've ever seen from an Australian side, I can deal with being beaten by better opposition, but to be beaten because players refuse to have a crack is a first for me.

Frank Gallagher

AFL Club
Collingwood
I just can't believe the tactics, chasing 360 you have to go hard early especially when you have a deep batting line up, mindboggling, Warner played like he was in a 6 day test match, then was happy for Smith to be the aggressor, that ain't your job Davy.

Top Bottom