World Cup Day 10 England v Bangladesh @ Cardiff, Afghanistan v New Zealand @ Taunton

Remove this Banner Ad

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very ordinary from Mithun. Not sure he should be coming in before Mahmudullah in any case.

Poor stroke, seemed like he was at least going to try to win it though. Mahmudullah looks like he's given up and is just gonna get some batting practice in

Ohitsthatguy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Shakib is love, Shakib is life

I honestly think this is India's WC to lose. They have batting and bowling. England's bowling attack is average at best. Batdeep will only get you so far.

10Dulkar

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2013
Kardinia Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't see any side as the favourites the way Australia have been for most of the last 20 years or India were in 2011 but think that England are still the team to beat at home. They don't have one great bowler like a Starc or even a Boult but collectively I think they're quite good.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have heard more than enough from these commentators about how the Bangladesh win against England in 2015 World Cup was a turning point for English white ball cricket.
The smugness earlier of thanking Bangladesh for knocking you out in 2015, for giving you what was one of the lowest days for your team in recent history let's be fair (was it Nasser?), as you are now all over them in this current game is just disrespectful and embarrassing. That'll do me for tonight thanks

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Have heard more than enough from these commentators about how the Bangladesh win against England in 2015 World Cup was a turning point for English white ball cricket.
The smugness earlier of thanking Bangladesh for knocking you out in 2015, for giving you what was one of the lowest days for your team in recent history let's be fair (was it Nasser?), as you are now all over them in this current game is just disrespectful and embarrassing. That'll do me for tonight thanks

Yeah they haven't actually done anything yet. Just a silly country.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Just watching the Kayo mini... this Noor Ali from Afghanistan has a very David Boon-esque wiggle of the wrists before every shot.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
England cricket changed there game after the loss to Bangladesh in 2015 and now are ranked "1 .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
There was another incident when Stokes was bowling where the ball hit the stumps with a decent impact but didn't dislodge the bails. Are the stumps too solid in the ground or the electric bails too heavy?

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
England cricket changed there game after the loss to Bangladesh in 2015 and now are ranked "1 .

Yes that point was made more than once, and that part in itself is a fair enough insight. Not when it went so far that the commentary was thanking Bangladesh for that day while they were smashing them last night. It felt unprofessional.
I can't imagine an AFL personality making too many friends having a laugh with a comment like "thanks Carlton for bundling us out of finals in 2020" while comprehensively beating them in round 3 2024.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Yes that point was made more than once, and that part in itself is a fair enough insight. Not when it went so far that the commentary was thanking Bangladesh for that day while they were smashing them last night. It felt unprofessional.
I can't imagine an AFL personality making too many friends having a laugh with a comment like "thanks Carlton for bundling us out of finals in 2020" while comprehensively beating them in round 3 2024.
Bangladesh have done wonders for England cricket tho made them the team they are today , I know you dont like hearing it but its the sole reason they are so good now .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back