Who will win?

• South Africa

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • West Indies

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We need both of these teams to fail to qualify. That probably means needing the WI's to lose, but I don't want SA getting off the canvas either.

With 6 games to go, I think its almost a lock as to which teams in their current form will make it. We control our destiny comfortably.

NZ, England, India and us.

That top 4 order will change but I cant see someone outside of that jumping. WI has the greatest potential, given their X factor and arguably the most dangerous.

Cricket everyday is awesome.

The amount of sport im watching at the moment really is something.

AFL
French Open
Formula 1
Golf majors
Cricket WC then Ashes
NBA Finals.

Life is good.

FFS If only Uber drivers would bring food right into your living room, your life would be perfect.

With 6 games to go, I think its almost a lock as to which teams in their current form will make it. We control our destiny comfortably.

That top 4 order will change but I cant see someone outside of that jumping. WI has the greatest potential, given their X factor and arguably the most dangerous.

Agree. Can definitely throw Pakistan into that same basket as West Indies well for me. Still very early to be worrying about who needs to be beating who, but West Indies dropping a game like this makes the finals run seem a bit more comfortable.

You wouldn't think the Saffers would lose 4 games in a row.They have been so consistently good for so long .In all forms of Cricket.But just don't look like it in the CwC 2019.Windies to win.

I don't think New Zealand are a lock. Other than the win over Sri Lanka they haven't been that impressive and they don't have the batting depth that teams like England and India have. Could easily drop games to South Africa, West Indies and Pakistan.

I don't think New Zealand are a lock. Other than the win over Sri Lanka they haven't been that impressive and they don't have the batting depth that teams like England and India have. Could easily drop games to South Africa, West Indies and Pakistan.

I think their only real problem is which players to pick. The four not playing are Blundell, Nicholls, Sodhi and Southee. Blundell is just the back-up wicketkeeper. Unless the conditions are absolutely perfect or Matt Henry completely loses it, I don't see Southee coming in. The commentators seems to love Sodhi, but I also don't think he'll get a game for a while yet, and if he does, who comes out? They have Neesham and De Grandhomme in because they can't trust who's above them, but Henry Nicholls is right there. Take Munro out for Nicholls and suddenly their batting looks reliable, and Santner can bat where De Grandhomme is currently, if the conditions suit two spinners which they will later on.

Disappointing but plenty of positives to take from it. India are a very good team (if not the best) and played very disciplined yesterday.

I wouldn’t make too many changes this early on. It’s unfortunate for NCN but he’s not much of a threat as our number 3 bowler. The pressure was completely off once he came on following Starc’s and Cummins great spell. Surely Berendorff will be suited to the English conditions and needs his opportunity.

Stoinis is a tough one - we have no other option. His bowling is handy for relief and at the death. NCN is not good enough with the bat to take his spot and we can’t rely on Maxy to bowl ten. Gee a 15 man squad is small - would be great to have Mitch as backup.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Disappointing but plenty of positives to take from it. India are a very good team (if not the best) and played very disciplined yesterday.

I wouldn’t make too many changes this early on. It’s unfortunate for NCN but he’s not much of a threat as our number 3 bowler. The pressure was completely off once he came on following Starc’s and Cummins great spell. Surely Berendorff will be suited to the English conditions and needs his opportunity.

Stoinis is a tough one - we have no other option. His bowling is handy for relief and at the death. NCN is not good enough with the bat to take his spot and we can’t rely on Maxy to bowl ten. Gee a 15 man squad is small - would be great to have Mitch as backup.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you popped this in the wrong thread mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Litmus test for West Indies.

As ordinary as we’ve been in all formats - T20 aside - for quite a while, along with Australia, SA have been the side we have just routinely failed against. They’re on the canvas, we are playing relatively decent cricket - bat first and pile the pressure on them tonight please boys

Litmus test for West Indies.

As ordinary as we’ve been in all formats - T20 aside - for quite a while, along with Australia, SA have been the side we have just routinely failed against. They’re on the canvas, we are playing relatively decent cricket - bat first and pile the pressure on them tonight please boys

Wouldn’t you bowl and expose their fragile batting?

Plus our greatest asset as a team is probably Gayle and to an extent Hetmeyer and Russell. Batting first takes a bit of the pressure off them and might free them all up. Gayle I know bats better first than second

I think Russell is being rested, South Africa will win this match

Back